GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

[video=youtube;piKc92QiV0U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piKc92QiV0U[/video]

I went to high school with David. I think many of the locals still feel he is innocent. He was EXTREMELY popular in high school.

well i watched the 48 hours episode tonight and at the risk of being lynched i think its pretty obvious tne neighbor kid and his friends did it. and that kelly ziegler is a patholigical liar and unethical to say the least.

I just watched 48 Hours too. I really like Kelly Siegler but I have to admit that the evidence looks more favorable that the neighbor kid did it. Never thought I'd doubt Kelly's judgement but I have a bad feeling about this case and the evidence that wasn't shared with the defense. Wow.

I just watched 48 Hours too. I really like Kelly Siegler but I have to admit that the evidence looks more favorable that the neighbor kid did it. Never thought I'd doubt Kelly's judgement but I have a bad feeling about this case and the evidence that wasn't shared with the defense. Wow.

i could not believe all the esculpatory evidence she withheld or slwly fed to the defense that they got too late for it to matter. im not exactly a fan of deguerin either and david temple is an easy gut to hate.

then she keeps saying 'we cleared aunders!" based on what? failing polygraphs? his shotgun being under his friends bed? them commiting a break in a few days earlier? his inconsistent statements? and has she actually HIRES A LAWYER FOR SAUNDERS AND HIS FRIEND. are you kidding me? thats totaly unethical! and then she finds out this other prosecutor is sniffing around the case and has two cops browbeat that guy into backing down on his story about saunders. ridiculous!

I also watched the 48 Hours episode. I still think David is guilty. That show was very slanted. It left out a lot. An excellent book about this case, "Shattered," will fill you in if you haven't read it yet.

left a lot out just like ziegler i guess.

if he's involved i can see it from him getting the kids to do it. but i find it difficult to believe they arent involved.

I also watched the 48 Hours episode. I still think David is guilty. That show was very slanted. It left out a lot. An excellent book about this case, "Shattered," will fill you in if you haven't read it yet.

Thank you for the book recommendation. I bought it yesterday and am almost done with it. It is a MUST read for anyone interested in the case. I can tell you from personal experience (I went to high school with David all four years and we graduated the same year, and I went to the 10 year reunion mentioned in the book), that this author did her homework. Her description of Katy is 100% correct. In fact, it was weird seeing my classmates names mentioned when she interviewed them.

A personal note, one thing I did not know was about the vehicle thefts. I was a nerd for the most part and read books, really didn't keep up with things. Anyway...my car had the beauty rings stolen the very day after I bought them (Camero), in the high school parking lot. I worked my *advertiser censored* off for that car. I jumped up out of my chair when I read about that and said, those son of a beaches got me too!! UGH!

And yes, it was VERY common to see kids park in the lots with their shotgun racks and guns after hunting in the morning before school. It was very rural back then.

I can't possibly be the only person who found the prosecutor to be incredibly off-putting and acting as though she wasn't trying to pull something withholding all those reams of discovery, am I?

Personally, I think he deserves a retrial. And I think his defense team deserves to have access to everything the prosecution has... In a timely manner.

If the prosecutor is so certain of his guilt, then ensuring all parties have all the info shouldn't be a problem for her, right?

I can't possibly be the only person who found the prosecutor to be incredibly off-putting and acting as though she wasn't trying to pull something withholding all those reams of discovery, am I?

Personally, I think he deserves a retrial. And I think his defense team deserves to have access to everything the prosecution has... In a timely manner.

If the prosecutor is so certain of his guilt, then ensuring all parties have all the info shouldn't be a problem for her, right?

I agree with you. Justice is justice, and no matter what people believe or do not believe in that small town, a person has a right to a fair trial with ALL of the information available.

David got away with a lot of things because his family knew people and he was a football star. In Katy, that matters. A LOT. I was a transplant from another state in the seventh grade and I can assure anyone that if you didn't have family ties there or whatever, you were shunned from sports and other things.

It's complicated because of that, IMHO. Some people probably had it out for him because of his "star" status and wanted him to be held accountable once and for all...even if the evidence wasn't there to solidly convict him.

I just don't know. My heart hurts for Belinda after almost finishing the book, Shattered. Whatever happened, she was a bright soul, a wonderful teacher, friend and mother.

Oh Texas! Home of the Friday Night Lights! lol! David was probably very catered to as a star high school football player. I saw the 48 Hours episode. Thanks for the heads up! My DVR cut off the last 10 minutes or so... But, I saw nothing new in the first half of the show, so I don't think I missed any new evidence.

I believe Ms. Siegler did her job as the prosecutor. She did such a thorough job that it made it almost impossible for Temple to get a new trial. I am puzzled by the volume of "evidence" that the defense says they didn't get. As a public servant, I think Kelly covered her butt. I have to wonder if her decision to go after David doesn't somehow relate to her past and the man who abused her mother. The guy is scary looking, but it doesn't make him a murderer. He admitted his looks probably factored in against him in the original trial. It just looks really bad that he had a girlfriend on the side and he married her after Brenda's death, in my eyes.

The witness being shaky on seeing David on the highway where they think the "alleged" weapon was perhaps dumped is not surprising. He probably succumbed to peer pressure of David being a good kid and former football star.

That being said, the Riley Joe Saunders kid and crew were pretty scary their selves. I wonder if Kelly had decided to go after him as the killer if she would have gotten a conviction. It seems the evidence all around was not good for either. She made a decision to go for David. I will be interested in seeing the re-trial, if it happens. Maybe that's what the DVR cut off.

Looking forward to everyone's comments!

David Temple Returns to Court A Week After Conviction For Murder Is Overturned
Harris County DA is reviewing evidence for possible retrial, while defense is working toward exoneration.
By Bryan Kirk (Patch Staff) - January 4, 2017 1:54 pm ET

HOUSTON, TX -- A man who was convicted of murdering his wife 17 years ago, was back in court a week after being released from prison.

David Temple, 48, who was convicted in the 1999 shooting death of his pregnant wife, Belinda, was released on Dec. 28 after the state’s highest court overturned his conviction, based on evidence prosecutorial misconduct in the case.

Temple was back in court Wednesday to have a hearing reset in the case for March 3. . .

I don't blame the family:

the family of Belinda Temple is praying that the case is retried and Temple is once again found guilty of murder.

Andy Khan, victim’s advocate for the Harris County DA’s office, said the victim’s family has no doubt the jury in the case got it right in 2007 when Temple was convicted.

http://patch.com/texas/sugarland/david-temple-returns-court-week-after-conviction-murder-overturned

However, that shotgun that belonged to Riley Joe Sanders, III that was mailed back to him (wherever he moved) can probably never be recovered. This is a very sad case. Like I said earlier, it never looked good that Temple had a girlfriend on the side and married her soon after Belinda's death.

He's guilty. The prosecutor's misconduct is inexcusable but the evidence doesn't lie and it all pointed to David Temple. Don't rely on the 48 hours episode, rely on Katherine Casey's book Shattered. This is not a David Camm case. Don't feel sorry for the guy.

A state appeals court ordered Temple released on bond and ordered that he be granted a new trial,after uncovering nearly three dozen instances where the Harris County prosecutor either failed to turn over evidence or turned it over too late. Some of that evidence, the judge said, pointed to the possibility that another person may have committed the murder.

BBM :notgood:

"Shattered" is a good book, and I also believed he was guilty after reading it. But keep in mind it was written before it was known that an overzealous Kelly Siegler sat on and suppressed a great deal of exculpatory evidence, so read it with a grain of salt.

http://woai.iheart.com/articles/local-news-119078/another-texas-man-is-free-after-15423864/

He's guilty. The prosecutor's misconduct is inexcusable but the evidence doesn't lie and it all pointed to David Temple. Don't rely on the 48 hours episode, rely on Katherine Casey's book Shattered. This is not a David Camm case. Don't feel sorry for the guy.

Actually, the evidence DID lie, compliments of Kelly Siegler. That's why DT's conviction was overturned, he was released from jail and granted a new trial.

People shouldn't rely on the new 48 hours episode that fairly presents some of the exculpatory evidence that Kelly Siegler suppressed at trial, but instead should rely on a book written before all this evidence came to light? That doesn't seem fair at all.

Honestly, at this point I don't believe any of us know for certain if this is another David Camm case or not, or whether he is absolutely guilty or innocent. I, for one, am looking forward to hearing all the evidence presented at DT's new trial. If he is found guilty again, so be it, but I believe his innocence will be proven.

My heart does go out to Belinda's family, I know this must be difficult for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horusthetortoise
Back