TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

CH's family had mentioned posting missing person's billboards for CH. Anyone know if those are up yet?

If you search the FB group for 'billboard', a couple of people have mentioned them :)

Sad that there's no updates. Hope it hasn't gone cold MOO

Found something posted a few hours ago, but no real new information in the article.

"As the investigation of missing Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi student Caleb Harris enters the eighth week, search and rescue crews are awaiting new leads from the Corpus Christi Police Department to determine where to look next.

Among those organizations is Search and Rescue SATX, a professionally trained first responder group based in San Antonio that has been stationed in town for the last seven weeks. Volunteers have ventured out across Corpus Christi and North Padre Island on dirt bikes and in boats, submerging underwater drones into the coastal waters to find clues."

I come back here, hoping for good news. CH turned off his phone shortly after the Snapchat, and it has since been untraceable,as has he. These were likely not two random acts.

Definitely. Personally, I believe he turned his phone off himself though, so as not to be tracked for a period of time.

I think he had every intention of turning it back on, but never got the chance…

I agree. However I am stunned that the family and authorities have apparently so little to go by. There is apparently nothing.

I agree. However I am stunned that the family and authorities have apparently so little to go by. There is apparently nothing.
It really is shocking. If he was abducted by someone he intended to meet, then there’s got to be a trail of communication leading up to it.

I would have expected this to have been found by now, especially considering the technical capabilities of some of the agencies involved.

Someone out there has to have the key to unlocking this.

It really is shocking. If he was abducted by someone he intended to meet, then there’s got to be a trail of communication leading up to it.

I would have expected this to have been found by now, especially considering the technical capabilities of some of the agencies involved.

On the other hand, if he was grabbed by someone he never saw coming, there would be no digital trail whatsoever. That would have ended when his phone did.

On the other hand, if he was grabbed by someone he never saw coming, there would be no digital trail whatsoever. That ended when his phone did.
I’ve never been a fan of that theory, as it doesn’t happen with any regularity (not that the other scenario does either).

Besides that, he really had no business being where he was at that time of night, unless he did…

100%.
His parents stated in an interview that his phone dies all the time (might have even said in the evenings).
Considering they have family location apps, my thought was always that he would turn his phone off himself in the past, and just told his parents it died if they asked.
His parents are desperate to get CH home. They clearly are very loving, and heartbroken. However the parents appear to have a lot of explanations which rule out many possibilities. 'He was not a flip flop guy' 'His phone died all the time' , 'everything was essentially perfect', he got good grades, he signed a lease, he had a summer job lined up'. 'he was looking forward to going fishing, his uber eats order was normal.
I sense that 'something was not perfect' and they want to 'explain away everything'.. I sense that there is something they they suspect about their son, which they may not want to believe. It could be something as simple as he was stressed/depressed or any other number of reason.

Last edited:
I think so, yes.
It is still traceable.
Yes, a phone can be tracked in airplane mode because it uses GPS, which is a different technology that sends and receives signals from satellites, rather than Wi-Fi and cellular services. However, your phone's internal GPS system is not turned off by airplane mode. You can prevent your phone from being tracked by disabling GPS on your device and turning on airplane mode.

Last edited:

I’m wondering if they did find something and uncovered a bigger issue. Especially considering how quickly US Marshal Service came in.

I’ve never been a fan of that theory, as it doesn’t happen with any regularity (not that the other scenario does either).

Besides that, he really had no business being where he was at that time of night, unless he did…

IMO, that's precisely what makes it all the more troubling and far-fetched seeming, that it doesn't happen with any regularity. Nor should it ever. Nevertheless, people get grabbed and killed. Mostly, we never get to know why  that person, at that moment, in that place.

Caleb was maybe a few hundred feet from his apartment when he took a picture of a misty bridge in the neighborhood, its lights veiled in fog. Maybe it was cool outside, inviting, an easy way to clear your head after a long night, a few drinks with your friends and roomies, new dog walks, etc. A simple, quiet, barefoot stretch while he was waiting on his UberEats order. I have no problem seeing him take that stroll, none at all.

I sincerely struggle to understand why it seems easier for some to put this down to a hook-up gone wrong, especially as signals back and forth around that kind of activity surely would have surfaced in digital footprints by now, no matter how scant the details.

His parents are desperate to get CH home. They clearly are very loving, and heartbroken. However the parents appear to have a lot of explanations which rule out many possibilities. 'He was not a flip flop guy' 'His phone died all the time' , 'everything was essentially perfect', he got good grades, he signed a lease, he had a summer job lined up'. 'he was looking forward to going fishing, his uber eats order was normal.
I sense that 'something was not perfect' and they want to 'explain away everything'.. I sense that there is something they they suspect about their son, which they may not want to believe. It could be something as simple as he was stressed/depressed or any other number of reason.

My thoughts exactly. FBI has ways to get around VPNs. I’m confused that in 8 weeks there’s been no break in this case. [To my thinking it should have been far easier than the Sebastian Rogers case, although that is surprising in itself for lack of leads and breaks.]

My thoughts are that the seeming silence from LE over the last few weeks signifies that LE doesn't need new tips from the public, and possibly has a good theory of what happened and are just waiting for something to happen or results to come in. If they were actually clueless, I suspect they would release periodic tidbits of information to stir up public interest and keep the tips coming in.

My thoughts are that the seeming silence from LE over the last few weeks signifies that LE doesn't need new tips from the public, and possibly has a good theory of what happened and are just waiting for something to happen or results to come in. If they were actually clueless, I suspect they would release periodic tidbits of information to stir up public interest and keep the tips coming in.
Good thinking, and hopefully it will pan out.

This latest article states that the search and rescue crews are waiting on new leads from CCPD as to where to look next.

Also of note-

Relatives and friends of those who have also gone missing from the area are helping in the search for CH. Their involvement is bringing fresh attention to these other missing person's cases as well.

From the Corpus Christi Caller Times:

Last edited:
A 27 year old named Ivie Joe Gutierrez is one of the mentioned missing persons in the latest CC Caller Times article. He went missing in 2022 and there's a thread here on WS. The distance from where he went missing, Flour Bluff, is rather close to where CH was last seen. Just 5 miles away.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiRi224
Back