TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

Hey Everyone,
Let me clear up some confusion on the Gray Hughes video about the Reddit thread. While Gray is an approved source, discussing the Reddit thread violates our rules, so this episode of Gray's will not be allowed to be discussed. It has not been confirmed that Caleb is posting on Reddit. However, not having the Reddit information should not stop you from discussing, in general, what could have happened to Caleb. In cases of missing persons, discussing the possibility of Caleb meeting up with someone is common and allowed. However, what is not allowed would be accusing the missing person of meeting up with someone for some random, nefarious reason without backing from law enforcement or a mainstream media source. This is how rumors get started and become out of control.
I hope I am making sense. It is late and I'm old. LOL
Thanks, everyone,
Tricia
Dragging forward Tricia's earlier announcement.

Caleb Harris 'missing person' displays posted in RTA buses​

The A&M-CC student has been missing for more than a month.

Published: 11:15 AM CDT April 24, 2024
Updated: 11:18 AM CDT April 24, 2024
Facebook
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Not only are family members, friends, and law-enforcement agencies continuing the search for missing Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi student Caleb Harris, the Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority is also doing its part to get his face out there and help find him, as well..

His parents are desperate to get CH home. They clearly are very loving, and heartbroken. However the parents appear to have a lot of explanations which rule out many possibilities. 'He was not a flip flop guy' 'His phone died all the time' , 'everything was essentially perfect', he got good grades, he signed a lease, he had a summer job lined up'. 'he was looking forward to going fishing, his uber eats order was normal.
I sense that 'something was not perfect' and they want to 'explain away everything'.. I sense that there is something they they suspect about their son, which they may not want to believe. It could be something as simple as he was stressed/depressed or any other number of reason.

Maybe his parents know more but want to protect his privacy, which I find understandable. They may trust that only LE, not necessarily the public, needs all facts.

Maybe his parents know more but want to protect his privacy, which I find understandable. They may trust that only LE, not necessarily the public, needs all facts.

I agree. To me his parents seem like down-to-earth people and can handle the truth, whatever it is. They just want their son back safe, and don't care about anything else.
Their love for Caleb is deep and enduring.

JMO

Last edited:
IMO, that's precisely what makes it all the more troubling and far-fetched seeming, that it doesn't happen with any regularity. Nor should it ever. Nevertheless, people get grabbed and killed. Mostly, we never get to know why  that person, at that moment, in that place.

Caleb was maybe a few hundred feet from his apartment when he took a picture of a misty bridge in the neighborhood, its lights veiled in fog. Maybe it was cool outside, inviting, an easy way to clear your head after a long night, a few drinks with your friends and roomies, new dog walks, etc. A simple, quiet, barefoot stretch while he was waiting on his UberEats order. I have no problem seeing him take that stroll, none at all.

I sincerely struggle to understand why it seems easier for some to put this down to a hook-up gone wrong, especially as signals back and forth around that kind of activity surely would have surfaced in digital footprints by now, no matter how scant the details.
The only reason why I'm thinking more of a "hook-up gone wrong" over "getting grabbed/abduction and killed" is because the latter should have caused some attention/noise or left some evidence.

Also, the M.O of an abductor isn't to turn off the victim's cell phone. Since the phone itself still stores location/GPS information (even when turned off), it's typically disposed of somewhere else, like chucked out of the car or tossed somewhere else before moving.

I know it's been debated repeatedly, but my opinion is still that Caleb was not waiting for his order. It was ordered at 2:45 am and delivered at 3:20 am. Since he requested contact-less, he could have been waiting for it just inside the apartment. He did not need to go outside/wait and see it. He went outside for some other reason.

Has LE said if Caleb's phone was turned off or if it went dead (battery ran out or the phone was otherwise destroyed)? They show up as different events (not sure how, exactly, likely how the 'handshake' to the cell tower works). Knowing that could at least help clarify intent (it changes a lot if he turned it off himself or if it ran out of battery/was destroyed).

The only reason why I'm thinking more of a "hook-up gone wrong" over "getting grabbed/abduction and killed" is because the latter should have caused some attention/noise or left some evidence.
My reason is that men don't get shoved suddenly into cars as much as women and children. They get lured more often.

Also, the M.O of an abductor isn't to turn off the victim's cell phone. Since the phone itself still stores location/GPS information (even when turned off), it's typically disposed of somewhere else, like chucked out of the car or tossed somewhere else before moving.

I know it's been debated repeatedly, but my opinion is still that Caleb was not waiting for his order. It was ordered at 2:45 am and delivered at 3:20 am. Since he requested contact-less, he could have been waiting for it just inside the apartment. He did not need to go outside/wait and see it. He went outside for some other reason.

Has LE said if Caleb's phone was turned off or if it went dead (battery ran out or the phone was otherwise destroyed)? They show up as different events (not sure how, exactly, likely how the 'handshake' to the cell tower works). Knowing that could at least help clarify intent (it changes a lot if he turned it off himself or if it ran out of battery/was destroyed).
Small correction: the order for UberEats was placed around 2:20 am.
Screenshot from this video, KIII 3 News
IMG_0308.jpeg

View attachment 499345
Nice timeline graphic.

The UberEats order took 1 hour from placement on the app to physical arrival?
That seems like a long time to wait in what should be a quiet period (02.20h - 03.20h the very, very early hours of Monday morning, but would technically feel like very, very late Sunday night.

That must be the quietest period of time all week for Uber eats orders.

Is a 1 hour wait standard for that area, day and time?

Any local Corpus Christiers out there know?

Last edited:
Nice timeline graphic.

The UberEats order took 1 hour from placement on the app to physical arrival?
That seems like a long time to wait in what should be a very quiet period.

Is a 1 hour wait standard for that area, day and time?

Any local Corpus Christiers out there know?
I’m not from the area, but can vouch for things like UberEats and DoorDash taking an hour. Shoppers and drivers are often doing multiple orders. Even at that hour. Just my own experience.

My thoughts are that the seeming silence from LE over the last few weeks signifies that LE doesn't need new tips from the public, and possibly has a good theory of what happened and are just waiting for something to happen or results to come in. If they were actually clueless, I suspect they would release periodic tidbits of information to stir up public interest and keep the tips coming in.

In this case I feel like it means there is no new information.

I think the Uber eats order time line from ordering to delivery is likely irrelevant, unless CH ordered it from a distant store to ‘buy time’.
I was looking at it more from the viewpoint of why the UberEats driver took so long....could he have been up to something else, etc ?

I just wondered if the hour was about right for that area and time.

I was looking at it more from the viewpoint of why the UberEats driver took so long....could he have been up to something else, etc ?

I just wondered if the hour was about right for that area and time.
It may have been a popular time for college students returning from bars to place an order.
There may not have been many drivers working that night.
The driver was a female and has been investigated and cleared (you should find references to this in this thread).

View attachment 499345
Just some thoughts :

- It seems to me, Caleb didn't leave the house to get the food with the hour waiting + its nearly 20 minutes from the snapchat photo to uber eats delivery.
--------------- Wild he's gone outside barefoot if that is still the case

- Surely the police can access/have accessed the tower for other phone pings if he did meet up with somebody.

- Also, is the doorbell cam Caleb coming home or leaving? I just wondered you'd think there would be a point on the timeline for when he leaves... ?

I have always wondered if it was a hit and run but moving away from that theory now with lack of debris, or CCTV even with the fogginess.

I hope he is found soon for his family's sake.

Just some thoughts :

- It seems to me, Caleb didn't leave the house to get the food with the hour waiting + its nearly 20 minutes from the snapchat photo to uber eats delivery.
--------------- Wild he's gone outside barefoot if that is still the case

- Surely the police can access/have accessed the tower for other phone pings if he did meet up with somebody.

- Also, is the doorbell cam Caleb coming home or leaving? I just wondered you'd think there would be a point on the timeline for when he leaves... ?

I have always wondered if it was a hit and run but moving away from that theory now with lack of debris, or CCTV even with the fogginess.

I hope he is found soon for his family's sake.
It’s very puzzling to me that 8 weeks in there is still apparently no definitive answer on where he went just prior to his vanishing.

I think the Uber eats order time line from ordering to delivery is likely irrelevant, unless CH ordered it from a distant store to ‘buy time’.
The store he usually ordered from was closed so he had to order from a store that was further away, according to his father. That may be why he went outside to wait, in case the driver had difficulty finding his apartment, especially with the foggy weather.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roller Derby
Back