TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missie or Amy, do you know when in 1992 that collect call came from Cave City? Like which Month? I'm doing a little research on that angle. Apparently it's a touristy area which is very busy in the summer, but very quiet in the winter. If that call did come from Deanna, I was just trying to figure out what the surrounding circumstances may have been. She could have chosen to go there for some reason, been taken against her will, or maybe she just happened to be passing through. In any case, during the summer she may have blended in more with the tourists, but during the winter she could have stood out more - one of the locals may remember seeing her.

One article I looked at so far describes a year-round attraction called Mammoth Cave. Not sure if she would have gone there, but I figure anything in or around Cave City may be of interest to us.

I'm not sure in what month the phone call was placed. If any one knows it would probably be Deanna's twin. I will try to find out, but the end of the month is very busy where she works-so it may take a while.
Sgt. Davis was supposed to email me the NCIC number today, but he hasn't yet. 'm not worried yet, I know they are probably busy. I just want it really bad so we can get her on some missing person websites!

I'm not sure in what month the phone call was placed. If any one knows it would probably be Deanna's twin. I will try to find out, but the end of the month is very busy where she works-so it may take a while.
Sgt. Davis was supposed to email me the NCIC number today, but he hasn't yet. 'm not worried yet, I know they are probably busy. I just want it really bad so we can get her on some missing person websites!

Hi Missie:). Hopefully, SGT. Davis will get you Deanna's NCIC number by today or tomorrow. I also made a poster for which I am just waiting for a couple things, too.

Lion

Yippee! I just got a call from Sgt. Davis (finally!). He is going to email me her NCIC number. He wants to get some DNA samples from us, AND he's going to try to get Roy in for a polygraph!!! Can anyone imagine how excited I am about this?! I am bouncing off of the walls right now! I hope he can get Roy in soon, just so we can exclude him as a possibility.:waitasec:
He was very nice, and said that a lot of times with a child who was a nuisance or rebellious before they left it's not uncommon for the parents to look for them. I don't agree with that theory-but I don't have LE experience-so who knows!

Missie,
Make sure that you get the report number as well as the NCIC(National Crime Information Center) number. You need to have both numbers.
I am glad to hear that LE jumped on your sister's case so quickly. You have accomplished more in a week then we have in a year on another case(Rose Cole). We still don't have a case number for her :mad:

Missie,
Make sure that you get the report number as well as the NCIC(National Crime Information Center) number. You need to have both numbers.
I am glad to hear that LE jumped on your sister's case so quickly. You have accomplished more in a week then we have in a year on another case(Rose Cole). We still don't have a case number for her :mad:

I have the report numbers from when she went missing in 1990, and the second report from 1995. Will those work, or do I need to wait for him to give me a new one? I'm still waiting for the email with the NCIC number. Patience is a virtue, but with anything except my kids, I am seriously lacking it!!:furious:

I have the report numbers from when she went missing in 1990, and the second report from 1995. Will those work, or do I need to wait for him to give me a new one? I'm still waiting for the email with the NCIC number. Patience is a virtue, but with anything except my kids, I am seriously lacking it!!:furious:

Hi Missie. Perhaps you can call or email Det. Davis and ask him again to please give you the NCIC number. Best to you.

Lion

That should be all that you need to start getting her listed on DOE network etc. I didn't realize that you had those. Please post them for others to use to get this ball rolling!
Refreash my memory, what is the report in 1995?

Here are the report numbers
#90-20696 was filed July 22nd, 1990 when Deanna was originally reported missing.
#95-042193 was filed October of 1995 when our Grandma was told that Deanna was taken off of the missing person list when she turned 18. Of course this was never supposed to happen but it did, and they don't know why.

Deanna's twin has tracked down the Haun family on Myspace. She stayed with them for a little while before moving in with our Grandma, I have contacted them so hopefully they can give us some new info.

I'm not sure what case number to use to register Deanna on the Doe Network, should I use the original case number or the one for 1995? I get the impression that the report from 1990 somehow slipped through the cracks, so I don't know if I should use that one.

Missis,
I would give them both numbers with the explanation of what happened and let them decide which one they want to use. I think it will probably be the one from '95 though.

I would want to use both in this case because my thinking is that the more info you leave out there the better. Each report may contain different, but important info. You might want to contact them and ask if you can use both numbers in this case and explain to them what may have happened.

Lion

Missie, we cannot post pics to this thread either. So I checked out a couple of other threads in the, "Missing But Not Forgotten" category, and pics cannot be posted on any of them. There may be a problem with the whole category. Perhaps instead you can start a new thread under, "Missing/Located Forum Discussion" category where we can post pics. You just started this thread, and perhaps you can go back and put the new links in.

Lion

I asked for a spotlight so that we could organize and also post pics, but, no response yet :(

Just PM'd mod again, asking...we will see. Maybe some more should PM ;) If a few of us ask it might work? They spotlighted Ray Gricars case for me, it's been slow, maybe they can put this case in it's spot?

I got this via email, I will *advertiser censored* out the email addy and forward to Missie:

Date: Saturday, April 28, 2007 5:19 PM
To: Christine Jones
Subject: Re: Deanna Maryfield
Size: 7 KB

like i said i dont know how much help i can be but i am here to help you can post this if you like i have no problen with that, but it has been a long time, and i hope that i will be able to help.

Christine Jones wrote:
May I post this? Thank you for contacting me. I will ask our 'team' what they would like me to ask you or get you in direct contact with one of them.

You never know, you may know something and not realize it!

Kindest regards,
Christine
----- Original Message -----
To: caseinvestigator@charter.net
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 12:16 AM
Subject: Deanna Maryfield

Hello my name is XXXXXXX and I was contacted on myspace asking for a friend request for Deanna,(by her sister), I have been reading everything that has been said about her and the things leading up to her missing.
the names that were said rang a bell for me, i knew a skipper white, and i went to school in killeen I was 2 years behind Deanna her last name sounds so familiar to me, I went to middle school at fairway middle and had a girl there with the same last name i don't know if they are related, i tried to Post a comment on the site but i cant do, i saw your email and decided to write you, i don't know how much help i can be but i live about miles from Dimple st in killeen and about 1 mile from Alamo, please feel free to contact me if you have questions or if you think i can be any help..

take care.

XXXXXXX

I have been talking to this girl. Our last name rang a bell for her because I went to school with her. Thank you again for your help Christine, and I will let everyone know when I learn something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayne_solves