TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the questions guys! I will look into finding more info on her birth certificate and ssn usage. I think Lion's theory on where to start checking UID's is very good. I'll start that tonight, once the kiddo's are in bed.
Jules-I feel that Cave City should be looked into further too. I was told many times by family members that it's just not likely that she would be there. But I think a lot like you-the likelihood of someone in Kentucky pulling a prank phone call like that isn't very good. i would greatly appreciate it if you kept looking in the Kentucky area!

As far as what was said by my uncle to Deanna that night. I phrased that wrong. Deanna tapped on Bekki's window, Bekki went outside-which woke up our uncle. He went outside and yelled something to the effect of "What the H**L are y'all doing out here" then Deanna jumped into the car and took off.

I was trying to be a bigger person and ignore the accusitory remarks made by mjak about out Uncle BUT: IMO what my uncle said or did that night is inconsequential now. We know he didn't make any threats to her, etc. so it isn't gonna tell us where she is now. He may have been on drugs, and maybe he should have brought her inside, but I don't think he was given much time to react to the situation before she was gone. He adored Deanna, and I strongly feel that if he had known at that time what was going to happen to her then he would have done everything within his power to stop it , unfortunately drug use doesn't make you psychic :twocents:

Julessleuther, I would continue to check Cave City, Kentucky for evidence that she was and/or is still alive. I would also check Kentucky in general for such signs. It is still possible that Deanna made it that far if she ran away or even if she was abducted(unlikely, but, possible). Perhaps check also for UID's in Kentucky and in Texas. Then, I might check all UID's for states leading from Kentucky to Texas--in case she was on her way home from Kentucky and never made it. I would concentrate on Texas and Kentucky UID's first, though.

Lion

I have been working on TX UID's...but the more eyes the better!

I was trying to be a bigger person and ignore the accusitory remarks made by mjak about out Uncle BUT: IMO what my uncle said or did that night is inconsequential now. We know he didn't make any threats to her, etc. so it isn't gonna tell us where she is now. He may have been on drugs, and maybe he should have brought her inside, but I don't think he was given much time to react to the situation before she was gone. He adored Deanna, and I strongly feel that if he had known at that time what was going to happen to her then he would have done everything within his power to stop it , unfortunately drug use doesn't make you psychic :twocents:

I am sorry you felt I was making accusitory remarks as that was not my intention at all. I was trying to clarify the situation that night when Deanna was last seen by understanding the behaviors of those who last saw her. Your uncles behavior is consistent to me with the liklihood that Deanna was one who did roam outside late at night possible with a group of friends. Thefore, your uncles reaction was not one of alarm or concern but p anger that his niece was their. Of course concern and alarm might have been underneath the anger. I did not know about your Uncles alledged drug use this somewhat nullinvoids what one can derive from his reaction because drugs do alter a persons behaviors. I do not believe nor was I trying to state that your uncle had anything to do with Deannas disappearance. What I do think based on your uncles reaction if we are to put the drug use out of the picture its likly Deanna was running with a bad crowd late at night and something happened to her that night. Had your uncle reacted more with shock and insited on fidnign out what Deanna was doing out their at this time in the morning I would be more inclinded to believe this was atypical behavior for her and prehaps she was running away or in trouble. Therefore I would be focusing a lot on finding the people who were with Deanna that night. Again I apologize for upsetting you.

mjak

Missie---

Is there any jewelry that Deanna used to wear on a regular basis--a ring or a necklace matching one that her twin had? How about a watch?

We don't remember her wearing jewelry on a regular basis.

Okay, I called the youth services department yesterday and today about the open records requests. Both times I got a voicemail message and let my number and all that. They haven't called be back, and I'm really starting to get frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions?:banghead:

Okay, I called the youth services department yesterday and today about the open records requests. Both times I got a voicemail message and let my number and all that. They haven't called be back, and I'm really starting to get frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions?:banghead:

I could be mistaken, but I assume that many youth service departments are overworked and understaffed. it could be that they don't have information to help you, but no one has given you a courtesy call to tell you. It is hard to say. Can you find another number within that agency where someone answers?

If they refer you back to the same number perhaps you can explain that you have left messages for two days with no return call. Ask them if you can email someone or get a name and street address to write someone who can answer your questions.

I also don't know what they can tell you with regards to the fact that Deanna was a minor at the time. I wish I could help you more. Maybe others will have better suggestions.

Lion

I don't have any suggestions on how to get a physical person to talk to you, but I do have a suggestion about getting those records once you do talk to someone. If there was a HOUSEHOLD investigation after the allegations against your stepfather, then you and your sisters would probably be included in a social services file record, because social services would have investigated the whole house. Do you recall anyone from social services talking to you? Under the freedom information act, you should be able to obtain those records. When you call, advise youth services that you are probably included in the records you are trying to get access to. THROW AROUND the words FREEDOM INFORMATION ACT, so that they know you mean business.

As far as getting to an actual person, perhaps called the county social services office and see if a caseworker there can help you.

Hi all,

I read all the posts tonight and thought I'd join in on this thread. Missie I saw you post about your sister in the Anna Waters forum, and when I did a search on Deanna, I saw that you had created a MySpace page for her :) I am a MySpace addict ;) so I will help out on there however I can. I added Deanna to my top friends, and just now I posted a bulletin about her so all my friends will see it. We have a great network of people on MySpace who run pages for missing people.

Looks like you've already assembled quite a bit of info...hope we can continue to make progress!

Thank you Gina and Lion. Youth services is who I have been dealing with this whole time. In KPD they are the ones who handled the underage missing people. They know I'm her sister, so technically I should have no problems getting those records. The lady at youth services is the one who told me to send the request to them, so that's what I did. I don't know if maybe it just takes longer than this, or if they are having a hard time locating her records, or what. I'm going to try to contact them again today, and if I don't get an answer I will try finding someone else to talk to.
I think Myspace is a good tool to get the word out, if nothing else.
Thank you Gina for adding her and posting the bulletin.

OT: Because I didn't have enough on my plate already,lol-my husband thinks now is a good time to try to find a house to buy. And our landlord is going to try to sell this one-so he's bringing people over here to show it all the time!

Hi all,

I read all the posts tonight and thought I'd join in on this thread. Missie I saw you post about your sister in the Anna Waters forum, and when I did a search on Deanna, I saw that you had created a MySpace page for her :) I am a MySpace addict ;) so I will help out on there however I can. I added Deanna to my top friends, and just now I posted a bulletin about her so all my friends will see it. We have a great network of people on MySpace who run pages for missing people.

Looks like you've already assembled quite a bit of info...hope we can continue to make progress!

I am so glad you are here, Gina:blowkiss:. Any thoughts or ideas you have will be most welcome!

Lion

Thank you Gina and Lion. Youth services is who I have been dealing with this whole time. In KPD they are the ones who handled the underage missing people. They know I'm her sister, so technically I should have no problems getting those records. The lady at youth services is the one who told me to send the request to them, so that's what I did. I don't know if maybe it just takes longer than this, or if they are having a hard time locating her records, or what. I'm going to try to contact them again today, and if I don't get an answer I will try finding someone else to talk to.

OT: Because I didn't have enough on my plate already,lol-my husband thinks now is a good time to try to find a house to buy. And our landlord is going to try to sell this one-so he's bringing people over here to show it all the time!

Hi there Missie:). Best to you in contacting a live person! And, best to you in buying a new home--and all that goes with it!

Lion

Yippee! I just got a call from Sgt. Davis (finally!). He is going to email me her NCIC number. He wants to get some DNA samples from us, AND he's going to try to get Roy in for a polygraph!!! Can anyone imagine how excited I am about this?! I am bouncing off of the walls right now! I hope he can get Roy in soon, just so we can exclude him as a possibility.:waitasec:
He was very nice, and said that a lot of times with a child who was a nuisance or rebellious before they left it's not uncommon for the parents to look for them. I don't agree with that theory-but I don't have LE experience-so who knows!

Yippee! I just got a call from Sgt. Davis (finally!). He is going to email me her NCIC number. He wants to get some DNA samples from us, AND he's going to try to get Roy in for a polygraph!!! Can anyone imagine how excited I am about this?! I am bouncing off of the walls right now! I hope he can get Roy in soon, just so we can exclude him as a possibility.:waitasec:
He was very nice, and said that a lot of times with a child who was a nuisance or rebellious before they left it's not uncommon for the parents to look for them. I don't agree with that theory-but I don't have LE experience-so who knows!

Progress! Excellent work Missie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, questions, did she already have a #? Or they are assigning her one?

Wow, exciting, all of it!

Missie, I can only imagine how you feel right now! Kudos to you for all of your hard work, devotion, sheer determination! I am sooo happy that Detective Davis is proceeding with Deanna's case.

Let's hope that he can get Roy in for a polygraph, but to let you know I doubt that they can legally force him to take it. I am just letting you know so you don't get your hopes up to be possibly let down.

But, everything else sounds very good! And it is possible that Roy will take a pg, which can hopefully be used to see where the investigation may lead to--either way.

I am unsure of what you meant by this part of your post(below). Can you elaborate? Thank you, my dear:blowkiss:.

Lion

Lion to answer your question I'll try to paraphrase that conversation:

Basically I said that I thought it was very disturbing that no one looked for her. He said "to be blunt, I don't think it is odd. Basically in your Mom and Dad's mind, Deanna had become a nuisance and when children become a nuisance parents are almost relieved when they are gone".
Let me re-iterate that that's para-phrased. I think that is just a theory of his, but I don't know. He was very blunt-which I think is good. And he did ask me about my thoughts on Roy and stuff like that.

Let's hope that he can get Roy in for a polygraph, but to let you know I doubt that they can legally force him to take it. I am just letting you know so you don't get your hopes up to be possibly let down

Sgt Davis told me there is no way he can legally force him to come in. My personal opinion-Roy is normally very eager to help people out. It would be an enormous red flag.

I understand Missie. I think you accidentally left out the word, "not" in that one sentence where you said,

"He was very nice, and said that a lot of times with a child who was a nuisance or rebellious before they left it's not uncommon for the parents to (not) look for them."

That was why I was confused. I understand now, though.

Lion

Lion to answer your question I'll try to paraphrase that conversation:

Basically I said that I thought it was very disturbing that no one looked for her. He said "to be blunt, I don't think it is odd. Basically in your Mom and Dad's mind, Deanna had become a nuisance and when children become a nuisance parents are almost relieved when they are gone".
Let me re-iterate that that's para-phrased. I think that is just a theory of his, but I don't know. He was very blunt-which I think is good. And he did ask me about my thoughts on Roy and stuff like that.

Wow, Missie, you must be busy! Good luck with everything.

Myspace is a great tool...we've even had some people from Myspace come over and join WS. In fact, one of the biggest leads we've gotten in the Anna Waters case came from Myspace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackburne