Found Deceased TX - Jennifer Mendez Olascoaga, 24, ISD special education teacher’s assistant, car found abandoned in Mesquite, Dallas, 27 Sep 2023

According to JO's family she enjoyed her job as a teacher's assistant and still had payments left on her vehicle. Her family indicated she had no reason to disappear on her own.

Are these the reasons why LE is thinking there is foul play?

Jennifer-Mendez-Olascoaga-missing-100623-2-96017673af5c48789851c8ecee9b832c.jpg

A Texas school employee has gone missing and authorities suspect possible foul play after the woman's friend received several alarming texts.

Jennnifer Mendez Olascoaga, a teacher’s assistant with the Dallas Independent School District, was last seen in late September, before her family reported her missing to the Seagoville Police Department on Sunday.

Olascoaga’s brother-in-law Marco Barroso told WFAA, The Dallas Morning News and CBS Texas that as the family was filing the police report, they were forwarded ominous text messages about the 24-year-old from a friend of hers. Olascoaga's last known location was with this friend, who is not named in the reports.

A part of the text messages, shared with the news outlets, asks if the recipient is missing someone, according to Barroso. “You'll never find her, and you know you'll never see her again,” reads the text.

“She’s gone. Jennifer Mendez and you’re next,” another excerpt of the texts read, The Dallas Morning News reports.

You know those cases you see on Dateline where a missing persons case seems to drop off with no activity for awhile?
And then all of the sudden an arrest and LE has lined up a ton of evidence to seal a conviction?
And in the last 10 minutes of the show you find out LE had been actively gathering evidence secretly?

Well lets pray this is what is going on here with Jennifer's case.

The text messages that the friend of JO received after JO's disappearance came from an "untraceable number" according to JO's brother-in-law. Can someone shed some light on what LE can do with phone number tracing? Let's say a burner phone was used. That has to be purchased somewhere by someone. Even if ordered off the internet there's a method of payment that's necessary. Why no trace?

A lot of people think a burner phone is untraceable but that's not actually true. The carrier will still store call log information for a certain period. As long as LE has the phone number, they can request it, it likely will require a subpoena but it's feasible. But the issue is not tracking a call back to a phone but connecting the phone with a person which the police would want to do if that phone usage is linked to a possible crime. The phone number is connected with a carrier but if it is a prepaid plan purchased in person with cash without any valid identification, it's a lot harder to tie it into a possible suspect.

I'm pretty sure the police could get location logs from the phone carrier. The carrier knows what tower the phone was associated with for quite a ways back in time. If the phone is still turned on, I'm thinking they could get the phone's location pretty quickly.

The police now say that JO made it back to Dallas the night she disappeared.

police are “now” getting involved?? Is that just poor journalism? I thought they’ve BEEN involved

A lot of people think a burner phone is untraceable but that's not actually true. The carrier will still store call log information for a certain period. As long as LE has the phone number, they can request it, it likely will require a subpoena but it's feasible. But the issue is not tracking a call back to a phone but connecting the phone with a person which the police would want to do if that phone usage is linked to a possible crime. The phone number is connected with a carrier but if it is a prepaid plan purchased in person with cash without any valid identification, it's a lot harder to tie it into a possible suspect.

I'm pretty sure the police could get location logs from the phone carrier. The carrier knows what tower the phone was associated with for quite a ways back in time. If the phone is still turned on, I'm thinking they could get the phone's location pretty quickly.
Can the phone be traced back to the specific store that sold it?

In the video, she is parked at a gas pump and goes inside to buy food and a drink.

She then puts gas in her car and drives off.

seagoville-missing.jpg

The video was taken after Mendez dropped a friend off at the Creekside Mobile Home Park in Seagoville.

Family members say that one of Mendez's friends showed them random text messages from someone saying they would never see her again.

Can the phone be traced back to the specific store that sold it?
Sometimes, but not always. When burner phones first become popular most of them had to be scanned (bar code) by the cashier on purchase in order to activate the phone before leaving the store. However, with some newer phone that's not always true, depending on how the particular store tracks their inventory. People have purchased net10 and TracFones from some of the "dollar" type stores, and they activated without the store scanning anything when the sale was rung up.

What puzzles me with this case, is to get a phone that's much less likely to be able to tracked requires preplanning - it's not something the average person just thinks to go buy with cash at a store not likely to scan it and throw in their bag. So whether the person sending the troubling message(s) was involved with the disappearance or is the missing person themselves (not saying that's the case, but always a possibility) it required preplanning, not something you'd see if someone was just suddenly grabbed off the street. Just my opinion here.

Sometimes, but not always. When burner phones first become popular most of them had to be scanned (bar code) by the cashier on purchase in order to activate the phone before leaving the store. However, with some newer phone that's not always true, depending on how the particular store tracks their inventory. People have purchased net10 and TracFones from some of the "dollar" type stores, and they activated without the store scanning anything when the sale was rung up.

What puzzles me with this case, is to get a phone that's much less likely to be able to tracked requires preplanning - it's not something the average person just thinks to go buy with cash at a store not likely to scan it and throw in their bag. So whether the person sending the troubling message(s) was involved with the disappearance or is the missing person themselves (not saying that's the case, but always a possibility) it required preplanning, not something you'd see if someone was just suddenly grabbed off the street. Just my opinion here.

thanks for the info! would sure be nice if they could. still might not turn up anything but would be worth a shot. i wonder how many stores in the area sell burner phones and how often they are sold.

1697115885400.jpeg

In the video, she is parked at a gas pump and goes inside to buy food and a drink.

She then puts gas in her car and drives off.

seagoville-missing.jpg

The video was taken after Mendez dropped a friend off at the Creekside Mobile Home Park in Seagoville.

Family members say that one of Mendez's friends showed them random text messages from someone saying they would never see her again.

At the end of the video [1:29] there’s a near wreck at the left hand pump between a suv and a pickup truck.

Was one of the drivers preoccupied observing JM?

Maybe just the videos movement but it looked unusual and then the pickup truck didn’t even stay at the pump it moved on almost looking like it might circle to JM’s pump.

Probably nothing just a busy store and jockeying for a slot but with JM disappearing right after I do wonder.

IMO

At the end of the video [1:29] there’s a near wreck at the left hand pump between a suv and a pickup truck.

Was one of the drivers preoccupied observing JM?

Maybe just the videos movement but it looked unusual and then the pickup truck didn’t even stay at the pump it moved on almost looking like it might circle to JM’s pump.

Probably nothing just a busy store and jockeying for a slot but with JM disappearing right after I do wonder.

IMO

i did become suspicious of every single vehicle in the video when i was watching it. i know some people think a criminal wouldn't be so stupid as to have their car caught on surveillance, but you'd be surprised. JMO.

JO's vehicle was found in the town of Mesquite which is about 15 miles east of Dallas. The latest news report says that police believe JO made it to Dallas after dropping off the friend and filling up her car with gas at the QuikTrip. Her car made it back to roughly the same area where she went to drop off the friend.

Creekside Mobile Home Park
301 Modene Rd.
(Seagoville)

Location of vehicle
Milam and Lawson
(Mesquite)

Last edited:
At 5:53 p.m. Oct. 12, Mesquite police were sent to the area near Interstate 20 and Lawson Road to investigate remains found by officers with the Seagoville Police Department during a search for Jennifer Mendez Olascoaga, who went missing two weeks ago.
*sad face

At 5:53 p.m. Oct. 12, Mesquite police were sent to the area near Interstate 20 and Lawson Road to investigate remains found by officers with the Seagoville Police Department during a search for Jennifer Mendez Olascoaga, who went missing two weeks ago.
*sad face
Thanks for posting although that is far from what any of us had hoped to hear. That location is less than a mile from where JO's car was abandoned.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BISHWHETT
Back