Found Deceased TX - Jennifer Mendez Olascoaga, 24, ISD special education teacher’s assistant, car found abandoned in Mesquite, Dallas, 27 Sep 2023

While the identity of the deceased is pending identification by the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office, family on scene told NBC5 that they believe they belong to Mendez Olascoaga.

Barroso has also pointed to text messages a friend received from a blocked number claiming that Mendez Olascoaga is dead.

Did anyone get a sense of the time frame for the strange text messages? I can't find anything now, but I got the impression that they weren't that long after she dropped off the friend, before we knew about the gas station. Thanks.

Did anyone get a sense of the time frame for the strange text messages? I can't find anything now, but I got the impression that they weren't that long after she dropped off the friend, before we knew about the gas station. Thanks.
I recall that the friend received the text messages the night JO disappeared. But no specific time was given I don't think.

When I read the most recent article about the body found in the woods, I was surprised to see that JO's brother-in-law also reported a text the friend received which said that JO was dead:

"Barroso has also pointed to text messages a friend received from a blocked number claiming that Mendez Olascoaga is dead."

I just remember the texts in the original reporting asking if the friend was missing anyone and that they were next.

I am wondering when this other text about JO's death was sent.

Bumping the waiting for identity and hopefully an arrest and press conference from LE.
Me too, but there's not enough information yet to determine if the deceased met with accident, self harm, or foul play, whomever it is. I hope it's not this young woman but for someone out there, they've lost a loved one which is heartbreaking.

JO went missing 25 days ago. And no official news reported yet on the body that was found in the brush over a week ago.
They may have the information and it's just not released. The forensic identification of remains is a legal determination (sealed by the jurisdictional authority’s signature on the death certificate) so it's not normally something that is immediately released, in my opinion. But ID can take much longer than a week, as the experts gather the post mortem details such as age range, sex, height, etc., medical/dental info (such as unique characteristics of the remains such as signs of old fractures or evidence of surgery, condition of the teeth and presence of dental work that can help with ID), intentional or accidental post-mortem damage to the remains, fingerprints, DNA , clothes and personal items found with the remains and the circumstantial information about the remains (where and how they were found, witnesses if any, etc.)

doesn't it seem like in other cases, when it's foul play, the identity is released very quickly and police release a statement and say they are looking for the suspect?

could be wrong, but seems different that there's basically nothing. which kinda makes me think she unalived herself? again, could be wrong but the silence seems odd.

doesn't it seem like in other cases, when it's foul play, the identity is released very quickly and police release a statement and say they are looking for the suspect?

could be wrong, but seems different that there's basically nothing. which kinda makes me think she unalived herself? again, could be wrong but the silence seems odd.
If there weren't those text messages that the friend received, I would consider that as a possibility.

I can't imagine that the easily investigated "blocked number" source of the strange text messages hasn't been located and led to a suspect if there is foul play. Even with a disposable phone, it isn't that hard to find the purchase especially if it is very recent. Not being given a timeline for the text messages, it seems possible that the victim actually sent them to her friend.

November 13, 2023

1699904962181.jpeg

MESQUITE, Texas — Human remains found by police in October have been confirmed to be those of a missing Dallas Independent School District educator, according to the Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office.

Jennifer Mendez Olascoaga, 24, went missing on Sept. 27 in Seagoville. Her remains were found Oct. 12 after officers were called to a wooded area near Interstate 20 and Lawson Road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millerx3
Back