TX TX - Katy, Wht/HispFem 25-35, UP6774, Mickey Mouse tattoo, Dec'09 *GRAPHIC*

Samantha Schauer's NamUs page has been removed today with a message she has been found.

This UID's page is still up.

OK let's think way outside the box. If she were from the area someone would have recognized her with something as specific as the jacket on her (assuming it is hers) - I wish they would post a pic of it or at least tell us the year if one is embroidered on it. Anyway, there is also an Elkins High School in West Virginia. Could she be missing from there and the school name is a coincidence? Stranger things have happened.

I checked out some of the websites for the nearby tattoo artists, and for the ones who have websites, they appear to do pretty high quality work.

Jane Doe's tattoo appeared to me of relatively low quality. It wasn't homemade, but neither was it from one of the better tatt artists. For example, her Mickey doesn't have the two buttons on the pants, as official Disney depictions do.

Just a side note - I believe that an artist or tattoo artist in this case, would not be able to depict the official 'Mickey Mouse' as there are rights to it. In order to get around this, an artist usually makes a few minor changes that make it different. You see this a lot on t-shirts, you can design the word 'astros' any way you want, but not copy the logo or use the star that make it look official.

I'm from this area, and I know it very well. First the tattoo: A lot of artists that aren't actually professional ones in the area do work with color. They generally look good, but to a real artist of course they would notice the quality isn't what you'd expect. I know of four artists alone that do 'home' tats in color and do passable work so that is a possibility. If it was indeed one of those it would be near impossible to track down because there are so many.

Has anyone actually gotten there hands on year books from that range and looked through them. A lot of people from the area of that high school spend a lot of time in katy to hang out. The area she was hit in is known for having a lot of young people with way too much money on their hands... so you might want to take that under consideration as well.

After further study of the tattoo it seems that when he packed in the color he didn't do a good job. The lack of shading, and its a bit hard to tell as it had done a lot of healing but I think he ground up the skin pretty good. My experience screams at me that this was an amateur tattoo and not the best leads to follow up on.

Has anyone actually gotten there hands on year books from that range and looked through them. A lot of people from the area of that high school spend a lot of time in katy to hang out. The area she was hit in is known for having a lot of young people with way too much money on their hands... so you might want to take that under consideration as well.

The only Elkins HS yearbook in Classmates is for the Class of '94. Ancestry only has the 1923 book.

Classmates doesn't have very many yearbooks for any school that are more recent than the 1980's. They only recently started adding books more recent than 1988.

I'm very new to this process, so please excuse me if this is a stupid question... I believe you can go to the school and they have a set in the library for public reading. I know my high school did, which is in the same general area. Think it's worth going to give a look?

Anyway, there is also an Elkins High School in West Virginia. Could she be missing from there and the school name is a coincidence? Stranger things have happened.

I found this article that went into more detail about the jacket as well as some detail about the accident itself.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7202837

She was wearing pieces of jewelry, including a silver heart locket and three rings.
"One was a frog, one was clear stone and the other one had a red stone," said Dep. Lillibridge.
She also had on a letterman's jacket with the Knights insignia on it. It's from Elkins High School in Missouri City class of 2000.

I'm very new to this process, so please excuse me if this is a stupid question... I believe you can go to the school and they have a set in the library for public reading. I know my high school did, which is in the same general area. Think it's worth going to give a look?

That's not a stupid question. And yes, that would be worth it. I've been wishing that someone who lives near Missouri City would drop by the public library and ask if they could browse the Elkins yearbooks for the 1997-2000 school years. Or you could drop by the high school and ask for a visitor's pass to go to the school library and browse yearbooks.

I live in California, but if I lived in the Houston area, I would have done it myself.

I suspect someone from Law Enforcement has already done that. But it would be nice if a Websleuther would do that just in case I'm wrong.

I sent an email to the school's website contact asking her if she could post a link on their school website asking for info or add a tweet for their followers.
I'll let you now if I hear anything?

I sent an email to the school's website contact asking her if she could post a link on their school website asking for info or add a tweet for their followers.
I'll let you now if I hear anything?

I have revised these images since I last posted them, so if you are going to use an image, use one of these.

c5b8f44b-a7c1-4ebf-95e9-9d77af52c6df.jpg
9e105d25-587e-487f-8054-33dfa84a244b.jpg

I will get my hands on the year books, and see what I can find. Should have word for you by Tuesday at the latest. I'm sure it's been looked into as you said, but it's worth giving it a shot. Would of gotten to it sooner, but I haven't been able to get any free time during business hours the last week or so.

Has anyone considered Kellie Hall?

TX - Kellie "Wednesday" Hall, 29, Beaumont/Austin, 25 April 2009

Age lines up, height and weight are within reason. Her Namus page has her at 64-66 inches and 150-170lbs. If she took off in April and was here for a few months then ended up in Katy... It's possible.

She was in a questionable situation in Austin so if she took off I could defiantly see her wanted to start over again in Houston. She's from Beaumont, so that means she would have been here before, but not enough that anyone here would know her. Her family relationships were all pretty bad. I found it interesting that she also has another alias so maybe she has taken off before?

I got my hands on two yearbooks for class of 2000, and class of 1999. Still want to get a look at another couple, but I didn't have time. I got a couple of names I thought might of been close, but was able to find their social media sites to confirm they are just fine.

I'm also working on tracking down some of the teachers at the school that would of been there during that period as well to show them CarlKs amazing image. Since I'm a teacher I'm hoping they wont feel too bothered by me.

Just thought some of you might appreciate an update.

I reviewed the Case Report on NAMUS and found that the UID had two gold crowns and two root canals. That's thousands of dollars worth of dental work. It's unlikely that she was an illegal alien. While the work may or may not have been done recently, at one point in her life, she was in a decent financial situation and had quality dental care available to her.
It should also be noted that, at a school with a large population, it's very easy for "the quiet ones" to slip through unnoticed. Even with many of my high school acquaintances, I'm not certain I would have recognized them ten years after graduation, especially if there had been any significant weight/hairstyle changes.
Here's the link to her Case Report:
https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/6774

I honestly don't really know what else to do from here.

Was it a letterman jacket or just an Elkins jacket? If letterman it will tell you what they lettered in to get it...football? Chess club, etc. Also, I wonder if it fit her. Girls like to wear boys jackets.

From what I understand, it was a letterman Jacket. My previous version of the recon showed just an Elkins jacket, but I saw in one of the articles that it specifically said letterman jacket, so I revised the recon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back