GUILTY TX - Kaufman Co. prosecutors Hasse, McLelland & Mrs McLelland slain in revenge plot

Yes, Chris Aulbaugh resigned as the Kaufman police chief because he knew he would be investigating some of his own soldiers of the 1st Battalion 19th Regiment of the Texas State Guard, and how they materially helped Eric Williams plan the revengeful murders and conceal the evidence of the murders. That would certainly be a conflict of interest on his part. Aulbaugh is subject to pressures from higher command within the Guard and even the Governor, because of his position in the Guard. But Aulbaugh made the wrong choice. He should have eschewed the pressure from Command and the Governor and resigned from the Texas State Guard instead, and stayed on as the Kaufman police chief and vigorously investigated the State Guard's role in this murder.
But resigning from the Texas State Guard, and staying on as the Kaufman police chief and vigorously investigating the State Guard's role in these murders would have been the honorable thing to do, something Hesse and McLelland would have been proud to do. But I doubt that Aulbaugh has the same honor as Hesse and McLelland. We'll have to keep an eye on the promotion boards and see if Aulbaugh is quickly promoted to Major in the Guard. Maybe he made the right choice for Command and the Governor.

You know, there were initial reports by neighbors after the McLelland murders that there had been an SUV parked near the McLelland home, apparently observing the McLelland home. They reported that 4 men were in the SUV observing the home. Police collected cigarette butts where the SUV had been parked and recorded the tire marks from the vehicle. Sounds like a stakeout. I have to think that there were more than just the Eric Williams's involved in these murders. The tie to the Texas State Guard needs to be thoroughly examined. There are some rogue elements within the Guard that have been encouraged within the last few years by the Guard's movement toward turning the Guard into an armed force. Concealed carry permits are encouraged and even training on gun ranges and helping on the paperwork involved in concealed carry permit has been performed with the help of the Guard. Rifle teams and armed units have been formed. Only the Governor knows why this is being done. The Texas State Guard is supposed to be an unarmed force helping citizens during natural disasters and in such things as evacuations during floods and hurricanes. The Guard has been using the gun thing as a recruiting tool to attract never-do-wells that the National Guard or Regular Army reject. In fact, during a public event a couple of years ago in which both the State Guard and National Guard attended, my commander told me that the National Guard was directed to flow the "unqualified" people asking to join the National Guard over to the State Guard recruiters. The Guard is replete with these rejects and they should never be trusted with firearms.

One of the results of the Texas State Guard's growth over the years has been the influence of lawyers within the Guard. The Guard is virtually run by lawyers within the Guard, namely, the Judge Advocate General and his staff of lawyers in Austin. And it has been a fact for many years that the fastest growth in rank within the guard is to be a lawyer. The next fastest growth in rank within the guard has been people from law enforcement backgrounds. Captain Eric Williams and Captain Chris Aulbaugh represent both of those growth patterns. And neither are especially good patterns for leadership within such a force, unless you want that force to have certain characteristics from a time period of 80 years ago under the NAZIs. The Schutzstaffel and Gestapo come to mind. The plan to arm the Sturm Abteilung (SA) like force does not bode well for the people of Texas. There were incidents during Hurricane Katrina and Ike a few years ago when Guardsmen used or brandished their concealed carry weapons against mostly black evacuees during tense riot situations that occurred in Tyler and Lufkin evacuation shelters. These incidents were downplayed, but they could have taken a wrong turn, and many people could have been injured.

You know, there were initial reports by neighbors after the McLelland murders that there had been an SUV parked near the McLelland home, apparently observing the McLelland home. They reported that 4 men were in the SUV observing the home. Police collected cigarette butts where the SUV had been parked and recorded the tire marks from the vehicle. Sounds like a stakeout. I have to think that there were more than just the Eric Williams's involved in these murders. The tie to the Texas State Guard needs to be thoroughly examined. There are some rogue elements within the Guard that have been encouraged within the last few years by the Guard's movement toward turning the Guard into an armed force. Concealed carry permits are encouraged and even training on gun ranges and helping on the paperwork involved in concealed carry permit has been performed with the help of the Guard. Rifle teams and armed units have been formed. Only the Governor knows why this is being done. The Texas State Guard is supposed to be an unarmed force helping citizens during natural disasters and in such things as evacuations during floods and hurricanes. The Guard has been using the gun thing as a recruiting tool to attract never-do-wells that the National Guard or Regular Army reject. In fact, during a public event a couple of years ago in which both the State Guard and National Guard attended, my commander told me that the National Guard was directed to flow the "unqualified" people asking to join the National Guard over to the State Guard recruiters. The Guard is replete with these rejects and they should never be trusted with firearms.

Thank you for clarifying the difference between the State and National Guard. I really didn't understand who filled the State Guard and where the recruits came from. I have a question, as I haven't read through the forum, so this may be redundant... do members of the Aryan Brotherhood belong to the State Guard or is that not allowed?

Here's a new twist on the Eric Williams case. His wife, Kim-Lene, is seeking a divorce, and Eric's sister has Eric's power of attorney. She has been converting Eric's property, and some property owned by Kim-Lene separately. Kim has been asking a judge for the proceeds of those conversions. Sounds like a messy divorce.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/08/22/husband-wife-accused-kaufman-killers-battling-in-divorce-court/

I always found it interesting that when she was arrested he was quieter than a church mouse. Was going to just let her take the fall I guess. I've always said that these counties (not just Kaufman, Ellis too) are good ole boy counties. Will be interesting to see what unfolds here.

And I don't blame the neighbors but for again, for pete's sakes, they saw an SUV staked out in front of their home after the first killing, wouldn't that trigger you to make a phone call reporting it?? I sure would have. Who knows, maybe they thought they were police.

"do members of the Aryan Brotherhood belong to the State Guard or is that not allowed? "
They are officially not allowed, but the State Guard is somewhat undermanned and they often look the other way to fill their quotas. The Aryan Brotherhood is an outgrowth of the cultural struggles within many prisons. Black and Hispanic groups have their own organizations for self protection. The Aryan Brotherhood is a group that protects white prisoners. In fact, the Texas State Guard is a mostly white organization with black minorities making up perhaps 1% of the force, and Hispanics making up a larger portion, perhaps 5%. The KKK and other right wing organizations typically have large representations within the guard. Much of this is fostered by Governor Good Hair Perry, who has roots in some of those organizations.

"I've always said that these counties (not just Kaufman, Ellis too) are good ole boy counties."

You're right about that. I've had to drive through those counties every day, and the County Commissioners, DA, and Sheriff run the counties like the Mafia runs the rackets. They don't cotton to outsiders, and Eric Williams was an outsider in many ways, signified by his Segway vehicle, a really odd duck was he.

I love Rick Perry. Voted for him 3 times-just like the majority of Texas. :)

Here's a new twist on the Eric Williams case. His wife, Kim-Lene, is seeking a divorce, and Eric's sister has Eric's power of attorney. She has been converting Eric's property, and some property owned by Kim-Lene separately. Kim has been asking a judge for the proceeds of those conversions. Sounds like a messy divorce.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/08/22/husband-wife-accused-kaufman-killers-battling-in-divorce-court/

Can you think of any scenario that would give Eric a "get out of jail free" card through the divorce? I don't understand how the deals for testifying work. Is there any way that Kim-Lene could take a deal, but then testify at the trial in some way so Eric gets off?

Well, there is the possibility that he would claim that he was not guilty due to insanity. She could give corroborating evidence that he was. He does have a history of anger management issues. He once threatened a girlfriend female lawyer.

We had another string of murders in Kaufman County this week with an ex-con killing 5 members of his family and acquaintances. I suspect he was a druggie with several personal problems. Kaufman County seems to be a drug center for the Dallas market. I wouldn't doubt that there is a drug element to the McLelland/Hasse murders also. The killer, Williams, did not act normal. I wonder if he was ejected from the Army right after he was commissioned in the Nineties. His explanation that they had no need for him sounds suspicious. We know he's a thief and murderer. Maybe the Army knew something about this guy, too. I have always wondered about the screening process the State Guard uses on its recruits. I know they accept substandard personnel, rejects from the other services. This guy is just another reject. I recently reported to the State Guard commander about a facebook summary I read about a full colonel in the Texas State Guard who was boasting that he had a PhD from Kennedy-Western University. KWU is a diploma mill. They got rid of him last month. A helicopter firm in Dallas recently hired him. I reported the diploma mill story to them last week. The president of the company called me and said they didn't hire him for the PhD. I guess they got their standards from the Texas State Guard.

A year and seven months ago I sat at lunch at the Back Porch Restaurant in Kilgore along with my colonel, the command sergeant major, and the JAG officer who defended Eric Williams in the computer theft trial. I was not aware of the theft trial at that time, and much of what they talked about at the lunch was a puzzle to me at the time. I had just announced my wish to retire from the State Guard. I was 70 approaching 71 years old, and the State Guard has a retirement rule at 71. The colonel said it would be OK. The trial had just ended, apparently,and the JAG officer and the colonel were somewhat verklempt over the results of the trial, apparently, and they knew changes in command were to come shortly. The colonel and his staff had made the visit to Kilgore because of a kerfuffel our unit had created there when a few of us wanted to leave the unit for various reasons. However, upon reflection, the lunch talk makes it clear to me that upper command in Austin had been seriously trying to control the outcome of the theft trial and to prevent the spread of any scandal from it. The assignment of the JAG officer to defend Williams, the testimony from State Guard members, and the movement of a new police chief (a member of the State Guard) into Kaufman, all point to an attempt by the Guard to control events in Kaufman. In addition, the command sergeant major is the one who helped Eric Williams get a place in Seagoville to store his weapons and crime cars. I believe, like the DA, McLelland had believed, that the State Guard has to be investigated for its role in the Hasse murder. McLelland was dumfounded when he finally discovered that Aulbaugh was a member of the State Guard and was seemingly fighting him on investigating the State Guard connection to the murder of Hasse. He found out about Aulbaugh's connection to the Guard from the Sheriff Department. Finally, members of the State Guard knew that Williams was a felon, some of them even are lawyers. Yet they aided him in hiding his guns and crime cars. Other crimes have been committed here and must be investigated.

We had another string of murders in Kaufman County this week with an ex-con killing 5 members of his family and acquaintances. I suspect he was a druggie with several personal problems. Kaufman County seems to be a drug center for the Dallas market. I wouldn't doubt that there is a drug element to the McLelland/Hasse murders also. The killer, Williams, did not act normal. I wonder if he was ejected from the Army right after he was commissioned in the Nineties. His explanation that they had no need for him sounds suspicious. We know he's a thief and murderer. Maybe the Army knew something about this guy, too. I have always wondered about the screening process the State Guard uses on its recruits. I know they accept substandard personnel, rejects from the other services. This guy is just another reject...

I looked up the 5 recent murders and don't think they are related to the McLellands, except for, as you said, the drug issues. What did you notice about Williams that wasn't normal? Do you mean before or after the murders?

I looked up the 5 recent murders and don't think they are related to the McLellands, except for, as you said, the drug issues. What did you notice about Williams that wasn't normal? Do you mean before or after the murders?

Before the murders he acted much like a juvenile. He was always riding his Segway like a kid with a skateboard or occupied with weapons . He didn't seem to be concerned with organizational operations like his fellow officers. Except for his friendship with one of the senior officers, I don't see how he was promoted to Captain.

I still think that there are several weaknesses in the case against Eric Williams. Where are the murder weapons? I have seen no reports that the police have found the murder weapons. I saw a report that some ammo found at the storage place in Seagoville matched some of the ammo found at the McLelland murder scene. But that may indicate that Command Sergeant Major Barton Rodger Williams may have placed it there, not Eric Williams (any relation?). What about the gunfire residue tests on Eric within hours of both murders that were negative? How is that explained? What about the eyewitness testimony that the man who killed Hasse was a head taller than Hasse? Eric is not a tall man. The hits had an air of professionalism that point to a Mob hit. There were no slip-ups. The selection of the cars, there was no chase by the police, the great disguises, the movements and maneuvers were professional (the selection of the revolver for the double tap of Hasse was excellent). The complete surprise of both hits showed it was well planned, perhaps too well planned for just a sick JP and his sick wife. No. This was a professional hit. A lot of reconnaissance, planning, and practice had to be done to pull this off.

I wonder if the police have checked out the possibility that Seagoville Federal Prison near to the storage facility where Williams stored his weapons and cars might have video or witnesses to the events that took place on March 30 only a couple hundred feet from their watchtowers. I remember one time when I had a flat tire on Highway 175 in front of the prison about 5AM in the morning within view of those towers. The tower guards called the local police to check me out, fearing that I was part of a plot to a breakout attempt from the prison. Just recently, one of my fellow employees had the same reaction when his car broke down in front of the prison. I know the prison guards are attentive and they might have witnessed the unusual events going on at the storage facility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
car175
Back