GUILTY TX - Kaufman Co. prosecutors Hasse, McLelland & Mrs McLelland slain in revenge plot

Are you near Robertson County or Hearne, TX ? TIA

No, Mam. I live 50 miles SE of Dallas.

Didn't mean to put you on the spot like that. I asked because I just did a paper on Robertson Co., specifically the town of Hearne, and corruption in the DA's office in relation to racism and drug arrests. The ACLU successfully sued and the DA, John Paschall, was shown to be extremely racist. A movie was made about the whole controversy, "American Violet".
Sorry for the O/T. :blushing:

My son studied at Texas A&M and is well aware of the shenanigans in Hearne. Similar stories have been told about LE in Kaufman County, although the DA has only been tough on crime and the criminals prolly don't like it. Maybe that's where Kaufman County gets a bad rap.

I see you be a Tea Sipper now on the verandah.

Yes I be. Lol
Will be in TX (Crosby or Baytown) over the weekend for a funeral.
:crying:
Most of my family is in the Corpus Christi/Padre Island area.

http://www.terrelltribune.com/community/article_dd5be0fe-3aad-11e4-90d9-4f3cdf89b9ae.html

A slew of motions were disposed of in Rockwall County’s Auxiliary Court on Friday morning in the Eric Williams murder case, including delaying his trial for yet another time.

Dallas Criminal District Court No. 7 Judge Mike Snipes, appointed in 2013 to hear the case, denied Williams’ defense team a continuance...

He said if the trial starts on Dec. 1 as scheduled, Seymour will have had 20 months to prepare the case. Snipes said that would be significantly more time than any other capital murder case he has heard.

Okie G
I think that they are still looking for the upper portion of the AR15 that Williams used in killing the DA. The FBI did another search of Williams home. I told the tip line where to look on West Malloy Bridge road where I spotted the White Vic. I saw the woman taking a stick looking thing from the car to the bushes near a creek. Could have been the upper. I recently bought a metal detector. I'm going to check that area myself tomorrow.

I still think that Williams was involved in more murders than he is accused of. He nearly got away with killing three of his enemies and was planning on killing two more. He was an expert marksman and armorer. He had access to hundreds of weapons at Red Bird National Guard Armory and he was a thief. I suspect we have not heard the end of his murder list. The Texas State Guard probably knew the hidden background of this character and tried to conceal it and to keep his theft trial from turning into a black mark against the Guard by installing a State Guard Captain (Allbaugh) as the Kaufman Police Chief, using a TXSG JAG officer as part of Williams' defense team at the theft trial, employing TXSG officers as character witnesses at his theft trial, and utilizing TXSG officials to find and provide a place to store and hide his weapons and crime cars. This sounds to me like a heavy involvement of the TXSG in the crime itself. I unknowingly sat in on a meeting of many of the principals immediately after the theft trial. I did not know what is was all about at the time because I was not aware of the theft trial. Upon reflection, some of the things I heard the principals talking about at this lunch meeting make me think that there was an effort to protect Williams at all costs. One of the principals, a Colonel, was also a chief of staff for a Texas politician. There was apparently some state Politics involved in this case.

A cursory inspection of the area failed to detect the upper. It may have been tossed in the creek like the revolvers. I need to use a heavy magnet to drag the creek.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Change-of-Venue-Sought-in-Eric-Williams-Murder-Trial-279457162.html

A change of venue hearing will be held Friday for Eric Williams, the former justice of the peace accused of killing a North Texas district attorney, his wife and a top prosecutor in 2013...

Williams' defense claims he can't get a fair trail in Rockwall, where the trial is scheduled to be held.

Jury selection continues ahead of the trial for a fourth week. Eight have been selected so far, but 12 are needed with two alternates.

http://www.kaufmanherald.com/hot_news/article_5a1a0af8-589f-11e4-983b-f7fed7fa5c9d.html

Dallas County Criminal Court No. 7 Judge Mike Snipes denied lead defense attorney Matthew Seymour’s request to have Williams' case moved for a second time...

Before Seymour could call any witnesses on Friday to support his call for another change of venue, Snipes questioned him.

“Mr. Seymour, I recollect you requested Rockwall,” Snipes said. “I believe it was on your own initiative. In fact, it was your idea, correct?” Seymour said it was. “That is what I thought,” Snipes said.

What a creepy guy and who knows what else he did. Hang em high!!

Even before the trial starts, I think most of us who live here in Texas have a reasonably good idea of what the sentence will be.

http://baytownsun.com/texas_ap/article_1fde807c-8cef-5333-a76a-4aa433d7e292.html

Opening statements are scheduled for Monday in the case against Eric Williams, who is accused of gunning down Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, in March 2013, two months after the shooting death of prosecutor Mark Hasse...

Authorities accuse Williams of shooting the three in revenge after McLelland prosecuted him for stealing county computer monitors. That conviction cost Williams his justice of the peace position and his law license...

Williams' wife, Kim, is accused of helping him carry out the slayings and is expected to testify against him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marionmiller
Back