TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and why she had to apply for a ssn in her teens. If she wanted to get an ID card she'd have needed a copy of her birth certificate. I think that's probably why these two events are so close together.

And she does indicate her former name on her ssn application.

I did want to post one thing. When people were first looking at her background in Texas, and mentioned things about her family ( married family), did it come up that her mother in law was an avid genealogy researcher? I can't remember and couldn't find the thread but I dont think I dreamed that. Something else that was a strange coincidence..the address FLEK used on the BST Idaho ID..a few house numbers down there was a N. mcnightRuff listed.(spokeo) (7107 house number)That was strange to me, but probably means nothing, but with the new train of thought of FLEK being the researcher...well, game changer. I know it had been mentioned here before that the family might frown upon or think it was strange for her to be researching but , possibly not.

and I promise I am NOT snooping the ruffs, but did Google to see if there was a genealogy club or something she joined and maybe she helped FLEK sometimes and found this:
https://familysearch.org/eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetails&titleno=503743&disp=East+Texas+heritage%20%20&columns=*,180,0

Just wondering what FLEK was looking for by searching her husband's family background

That I don't know but for someone who is "trying to hide her past identity," she sure does throw that turner name around a lot - ssn, passport application, etc.

If her 'parents' gave her a false identity, one of the reasons why they may have done this is because she wasn't really their child.

Could FLEK have been 'bought' or abducted as a child?

I am going to have a poke around and see if I can find any likely looking children or babies that could have grown up to be FLEK.

This is the best theory I have seen on this case so far. It's common sense, it *makes* a lot of sense, and it explains why she still kept some info on her previous life around, rather than disposing it. It also explains why none of the missing women we've looked at are particularly great matches--she was never reported missing.

If you look at it this way, FLEK isn't the mystery. The mystery is why her parents gave her a fake identity. And there are many possibilities for that.

To the contrary I think there are some possible matches. Should all possible matches be ruled out to be sure?

If her 'parents' gave her a false identity, one of the reasons why they may have done this is because she wasn't really their child.

I am going to have a poke around and see if I can find any likely looking children or babies that could have grown up to be FLEK.

You would think her parents would have reported her missing even if this was true.

THIS!.... ( Denman DNA testing anyone?):fence:

You would think her parents would have reported her missing even if this was true.

unless they were dead. or something happened like the theory in the Sharon Marshall case... where the real mom gave her up for adoption and then the adoptive parents "gave" her away to someone else. Children are bartered often...I have heard/seen lots of drug addicts "sell" their children....maybe even a poor parent would do this. (all my opinion, no facts involved)

To the contrary I think there are some possible matches. Should all possible matches be ruled out to be sure?

The detective investigating the case said he went through all missing databases. Factually, I know that he didn't compare DNA to at least 2 possible matches we have suggested. That leads me to believe he was ruling out based on physical descriptions/stats. Of course, I am not sitting in his office, reading his case file. But I do know for a fact that those 2 DNA samples have not been compared yet.

The detective investigating the case said he went through all missing databases. Factually, I know that he didn't compare DNA to at least 2 possible matches we have suggested. That leads me to believe he was ruling out based on physical descriptions/stats. Of course, I am not sitting in his office, reading his case file. But I do know for a fact that those 2 DNA samples have not been compared yet.

I mentioned a missing woman in a previous post that I haven't seen talked about at all in this thread.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/prosser_debbie.html

If she was kidnapped, yes. That wouldn't necessarily be in the USA though.

If they sold her, no.

I understand but I mean the parents that raised her would have reported her missing, unless they are deceased.

I understand but I mean the parents that raised her would have reported her missing, unless they are deceased.

I doubt it. If they 'obtained' her through dubious means than there is no way they would report her missing.

She might not have even been missing to them. Presumably they would have been estranged from FLEK, but they would have known she was out there somewhere. They may have known the bare bones of her life, eg the fact she was married, the fact she lived in Texas etc.

hmm! interesting, esp the

Attachments

• Firefox_Screenshot_2014-02-20T21-58-00.645Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2014-02-20T21-58-00.645Z.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 104

Reminds me of the Suzanne Davis/Marshall case.

Ok, and why the BST name?
- adopted she would take on the adoptive parents name
- kidnapped... She would still be either biological or adoptive name... Unless kidnappers changed her name.
Why the BST name of a young child who seemingly died in a fire? Or did she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth