TX TX - San Angelo, WhtMale 70-90, 966UMTX, Lived Under Multiple ID's, Mar'05

I wonder if the book referred to earlier is this one:

The Gun That Wasn’t There, by Russell S Smith. (2007)

It seems to be about a guy named Alfredo Hernandez, known as the Dryden Caveman (or the Caveman Bandit). He was apprehended in 1965, spent time in jail, and then nobody knows whatever became of him.

I haven’t read the whole book, but I wonder if the author was trying to link Hernandez to the UID.

Here he is in 1960:

https://www.amazon.com/Gun-That-Wasnt-There/dp/1419628178

I would think LE would have looked at him at first. Sounds like Alfredo Hernandez probably looked "rough around the edges" as he aged.

I thought maybe the UID was Hispanic, but now looking at the image, it looks like the color might be a bit underexposed which makes him appear on the tanner side...

Now, I can't tell what the UID's ethnicity is....He could be white or Hispanic....

Well, I just included the book because it’s the one of Russell’s that *might* be the one referred to on page 1, but I don’t see how Hernandez, with his (apparently) dark hair and eyes, could be the UID, who had blue eyes.

I have few thoughts other than the lack of body hair, dentures, and fingerprint issues border on promising...can anyone find the younger prospects and age progress them?
Utterly fascinating thread..hi @mags

Hm, good possibility. He matches all the demographics--maybe slightly too young and slightly taller, but not far enough out of range to rule him out. Dental plate is irrelevant because there's plenty of time for Lampman to have lost his teeth.

I'd say definitely close enough to submit.

Gary Vaughn Sizemore?

1661268883865.png1661268894357.png1661268902830.png

I believe this person to be an excellent possibility for this UID. A man by the name of Charles Rogers, wanted for questioning in the death of his parents in Houston, 1965. He disappeared and was never seen again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Rogers_(murder_suspect)
Please note: Rogers was not one of the 3 tramps on the grassy knoll when JFK was assassinated.
That allegation was false. I'm not sure about some of the other info on Rogers on wikipedia either.

Had trouble loading his photo as an attachment. If someone can do a side by side, I'd appreciate it.
photo:
http://mylifeofcrime.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/charles-rogers.jpg

I believe this is the guy. Charles Rogers lived less than six hours from San Angelo, and he was intelligent enough to stay unknown for so long. I think they look a lot alike.

Charles looks to be on the non-hairy side, too, or at least to me.

Were any of these identities those of a deceased boy around his age?

I am wondering if he is one of those identity people like FLAK or Joseph Newton Chandler.

I also fully believe that Kim Kessler is one of those people, though I’ve never heard anyone lump her into it.

They are all….”bizarrely behaved” to say it nicely

This is Rogers' father and mother:

icebox-murders-2_xgbt1y.jpg

dis.png

Yeah, I think this is a good match.

Last edited:
We got this list of exclusions from San Angelo LE a while back. Namus doesn't list any exclusions and I didn't see any other official exclusions in the thread.
Able, Leigh Hobart (missing person number M533308537)

Shaw, William (missing from Las Vegas, NV. M342703117 missing person number)

Chaney, Lon missing from Bossier City, LA.

Anicker, William John missing from San Antonio, Tx.

Sneed, John from Tennessee but last seen in Texas

Bergevin, Jerry E. escaped from prison

Crawford, Elmer Kyle Melbourne, Australia (murdered his entire family)

Kimball, Howard from W. Virginia

James ( Whitey) Bulgar, FBIs most wanted. He was arrested in California in 2011.

Addendum: Whitey Bulger died in jail in 2018, murdered by another inmate. And good riddance, I say.

Namus link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb
Back