TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

If we consider the SWFA vehicle, it’s possible this person was up to something earlier than 4:30. As I understand, law enforcement ran down, had eyes on, hundreds of similar vehicles in the months following the murder. That granular level of investigation suggests that law enforcement strongly suspects a connection between the vehicle at SWFA and the entry of the church.
Maybe the church was a default location. Given the level of inexpertise with the tools and the aimless wandering, it’s possible they were a novice at all of it.Every bit of it. It’s possible they reacted, murdered in the moment because of a lack of impulse control that has stunted them their entire lives. And still does. Can they keep entry level jobs? Do they bully people? Do they still seek police adjacent dominion?

Maybe the church was a default location. Given the level of inexpertise with the tools and the aimless wandering, it’s possible they were a novice at all of it.Every bit of it. It’s possible they reacted, murdered in the moment because of a lack of impulse control that has stunted them their entire lives. And still does. Can they keep entry level jobs? Do they bully people? Do they still seek police adjacent dominion?
There is just SO many “maybe, perhaps, could, possibly” with this theory.

The targeted theory has a linear timeline with very few questions and little speculation.

They wore the outfit to avoid identification, add protection, keep forensics off, and throw chaos into the case.

Didn’t attack Missy in the parking lot due to potential witnesses, potential passengers, protection from the vehicle and Missy having a weapon to return fire.

Strategically entered the kitchen logically because it’s the last place Missy would enter.

Clearly had an exit plan after carrying out a well planned attack.

There isn’t much room for ifs ands or buts.

I just don’t get the menta gymnastics of this being some random person dressed like that at 430am, it just simply doesn’t make sense.

In fact, him being in a middle-of-nowhere church in the middle of the night hints that there's a good possibility he was there at that hour because he expected to be uninterrupted for many hours.
This made me wonder if there could be any chance this person had been there before, playing security guard. Like they like to hang out there when they know nobody will interrupt them.
But that probably doesn't make sense, it seems like their 'tour' was the first time ever exploring.

I almost deleted my thought but wanted to really say that after these years, it seems 'good' to have new thoughts about this horrible crime. Think outside the box. I appreciate the latest posts about trying to figure out the perp.

I absolutely and wholeheartedly believe that this young man is indeed mentally impaired to some extent. We have raised a whole generation of somewhat mentally impaired loners and gamers. We are on the cusp of raising a second generation that way.
I believe the thrill of “breaking and entering” was a great adrenaline boost for him and a low risk thrill.
This area doesn’t even have an active police force.
It’s rural county but not city and the sheriff (member of the sheriff’s office) of Ellis county would have to be contacted/ located to catch anyone breaking and entering.
SWAT creep may even have attended a service or knew someone who attended services at this church. More likely he just targeted a random building that he wanted to explore. He felt no threat of being discovered on camera and even less threat of being discovered in person. He was going to explore as pleased in roll play mode. Breaking a few windows fit his SWAT persona as does peeking into a random classroom- as caught on video.
It’s like the 7 year old who recently (2 years ago) entered a mobile home and shot a sleeping man in the head, it is entirely inexplicable - yet it mimics something they have seen and had an aspiration to do or experience. Violent, graphic TV, movies or violent video games are the BANE of US society at the moment.
Every young impulsive school shooter is emulating them from Columbine to Sandy Hook to Uvalde. For a young man who isn’t hell bent on shooting up a school it’s easy for me to imagine that breaking, entering, roll playing as SWAT is its own thrill to some.
So yes, emphatically it was much more thrilling than sitting in a chair eating Chio Chips- which he undoubtedly did a lot of before his ambling waddle.
It was the thrill of getting away with “breaking, entering, exploring” as a SWAT officer in roll play.
No hitman is going to roll play like a waddling amateur middle of the night gamer.
Rural Texas offers much easier and far less complicated opportunities for a “hit”
if that was the desire here.
I do not believe it was - on many levels.
If you tell me exactly who and why someone would target Missy I’ll be very open to your speculation FromGermany1.
I don’t believe for a moment that anyone in Missy’s family or extended family had anything at all to do with this. I think this has shattered her husband and children and friends. I think the pain of not knowing who or why is still eating them up. 8 years and no answers.
All IMHO

Sadly, these young people are going to be a burden on the society.

- many don't work - you will see frequent attempts, trying and leaving. They don't understand that work is not "enjoyment" but the mean to pay the bills.

- they live with their parents because they can't afford independence

- not that the jobs are not hiring, in fact, everyone is. Many, too many, will pay for education and 100% support the person's wish to grow through the ranks. But true, without any or with unfinished degree it is hard to make a career. Working and studying it is a long way and such people are used to instant gratification. We all work better if rewarded sooner (e.g. weekly payments as compared to bi-weekly or monthly). But instant gratification makes the wait for even a weekly payment a problem.

- here is where computer games might be blamed. Without them, there was at least a certain degree of mental imagination being developed. With the games, I think underdeveloped mental imagination + being out of touch with real life = alexithymia, where people may, indeed, feel alive when they are faced with someone's extreme emotions, such as fear or pain.

So in this case, my personal profile of a poi would be a man (less likely, a woman), 28-40, rather local, far from stupid (but possibly doing poorly at school due to total lack of motivation), one possible unfinished attempt to graduate from a local community college, history of a few short-lived employments. Currently unemployed or working at a job where tips are involved (e.g., occasional food delivery).

Probably, lives with a parent, and likely, the parent guesses what might have happened but rationalizes own silence by 1) kid being unable to survive in jail and 2) personal dislike of Missy (the parent judges only by what's published about her).

I don't think the person is a churchgoer at all (maybe it used to be a minimal requirement from a parent to continue living under the parent's roof, which has long been dropped - but from old times, the perp may know the place).

There is just SO many “maybe, perhaps, could, possibly” with this theory.

The targeted theory has a linear timeline with very few questions and little speculation.

They wore the outfit to avoid identification, add protection, keep forensics off, and throw chaos into the case.

Didn’t attack Missy in the parking lot due to potential witnesses, potential passengers, protection from the vehicle and Missy having a weapon to return fire.

Strategically entered the kitchen logically because it’s the last place Missy would enter.

Clearly had an exit plan after carrying out a well planned attack.

There isn’t much room for ifs ands or buts.

I just don’t get the menta gymnastics of this being some random person dressed like that at 430am, it just simply doesn’t make sense.
Menta feels like a typo. (Was it mental or meta?) But I’m not certain. Maybe it’s not. Maybe it’s a mistake. If we’re uncomfortable with uncertainties, the calculus of variabilities, then why are we here? If we’re certain, we should be on the tip line.

1 To me is completely unclear, why you have to murder a woman, if

We can't assume the Loser Perp killer needed a good reason to kill. Or one that makes sense to us. One can kill in the moment, randomly, without any real necessity, "just because." In addition, because we lack the details of exactly how and where the killing occurred, we can't rule out something happening in the moment that perhaps set the course of how it turned out.

There are LOTS of reasons that might have led them to shoot and kill. Did they feel threatened? Or fear being found out (whether reasonable or not)? Or maybe for some reason they panicked? Or maybe they had played too many shoot-em-up videos and just felt like shooting? Had they watched one-too-many movies where the bad guys "leave no witnesses" and feel compelled to follow that mantra? Did they think that MB was some sort of threat, if they don't shoot her? Did LP somehow get trapped by MB, either accidentally or deliberately, and decide to shoot their way out? The list of possibilities can go on and on, and then we can also include "LP just did it for no reason, without thinking."

It's possible there could have been a very complex reason, too. But there doesn't have to be anything that makes any sense to us. We are not LP.

Why shooting her AND inflict numerous puncture wounds on her to the chest and the head (?). Why so inhumane, when it could have been quite different?

All we know for sure is that MB was shot to death. We don't know that she was inflicted with added puncture wounds, beyond the punctures from the bullets that killed her. Just a few (3-4) quick shots to the head and chest satisfies what we have been told.

I defer to the simplest most obvious explanation that fits everything LE has revealed -- Loser Perp simply shot her, killing her, and fled right out the way he came in (through the kitchen door, which was not far away).

It's possible it could have been more complicated than that. But, to fit the facts we have, it doesn't have to be.

Last edited:
More murders, many more murders, are committed unplanned on impulse than are planned “hits.” The truth is, hits leave trails, well studied and understood trails that emerge well before the murder has even been committed.
We tend to see more planned hits on screens in front of us because they’re more readily adaptable to televised telling and viewing. There’s a story. So that’s what we’re trained to look for.
What makes this unplanned murder different is the surveillance cam and the disguise/costume. It’s possible, if not likely, the story here is chaotic and destitute. Void of meaning. MB certainly didn’t deserve this. Her family doesn’t deserve this.
Eight years on, there’s less reason to suspect a hit and greater reason to consider a deeply flawed, broken person. Maybe a guest, a visitor to the region with an interest in policing and SWFA.

More murders, many more murders, are committed unplanned on impulse than are planned “hits.” The truth is, hits leave trails, well studied and understood trails that emerge well before the murder has even been committed.
We tend to see more planned hits on screens in front of us because they’re more readily adaptable to televised telling and viewing. There’s a story. So that’s what we’re trained to look for.
What makes this unplanned murder different is the surveillance cam and the disguise/costume. It’s possible, if not likely, the story here is chaotic and destitute. Void of meaning. MB certainly didn’t deserve this. Her family doesn’t deserve this.
Eight years on, there’s less reason to suspect a hit and greater reason to consider a deeply flawed, broken person. Maybe a guest, a visitor to the region with an interest in policing and SWFA.
Well stated! Thanks for posting

I am really starting to see-saw on this.

For a long time I believed this was targeted and intended to "benefit" the husband. My personal theory was that this was committed by someone one degree removed, without the knowledge or consent of the husband, <modsnip - rumor, not victim friendly>

As time passes with no apparent progress, I am starting to come around to the random burglar/LARPer theory, a loser obsessed with guns and games. Someone who is not clinically insane but is doesn't come out of mom's basement much and is not very well connected to reality.

I am sold on a team of 2-3 people or one lone wolf, and one sets of potential teams and the lone wolf motivations are basically what you described, thinking they are benefiting Brandon in some way but being extremely shortsighted. (The other team was a husband and wife combination)

I also believe prejudice could have been a strong motivator for one of the teams, but have been reluctant to say that.

I don’t personally buy the LARP theory because they are not pretending to be doing anything remotely close to SWAT activity. If they were using their hands to have an imaginary rifle, was interacting with imaginary people, was pretending to clear rooms, etc then I would be much more likely to believe that.

LARPers are theatric and want to be seen, which none of this is happening here.

Just IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me is completely unclear, why you have to murder a woman, if you are disguised from head to toe and if you have no car with a true valid license plate waiting for you outside. If your intent was "a little" Break & Enter and smashing some glass, you could have knocked out Missy and escape. Why shooting her AND inflict numerous puncture wounds on her to the chest and the head (?). Why so inhumane, when it could have been quite different?
Yes, and I also agree with this perspective.

I wonder what might have happened had the perpetrator not seemingly violently killed MB. (I realize…… a futile effort…… but hear this out……..) In other words, as clothing covered and shielded from view as the individual was……. when confronted or encountered by MB…… why not simply say ‘oh, just making the rounds for a security check, I’ll be leaving shortly’ or something akin to that? And get out of there? Why the apparent overkill?

Unless perhaps MB recognized the individual? And thus it had to go this route? Or the individual knew that MB would have known they should not be there? (And that denotes IMO familiarity of the assailant with the church? Or alternatively, MB started to call 911 and then the assailant began the attack?)

And unfortunately that analysis can lead to either familiarity or total stranger……

Do we know whether MB might have tried to make a 911 call?

Reviewing the video that has been released, the ‘SWAT’ dressed individual does not really seem to be a skilled burglar? They almost IMO seem to be unskilled or unfamiliar with the implements or tools they are using. And also wonder might they be an individual that wanted to be a law enforcement professional, but was either not qualified or rejected for a job or role in that profession?

Do we know the source of the hammer? Do we know whether the perpetrator brought that item or was it obtained from inside the church? MOO

I wonder what might have happened had the perpetrator not seemingly violently killed MB. (I realize…… a futile effort…… but hear this out……..) In other words, as clothing covered and shielded from view as the individual was……. when confronted or encountered by MB…… why not simply say ‘oh, just making the rounds for a security check, I’ll be leaving shortly’ or something akin to that? And get out of there? Why the apparent overkill?

Unless perhaps MB recognized the individual? And thus it had to go this route? Or the individual knew that MB would have known they should not be there? (And that denotes IMO familiarity of the assailant with the church? Or alternatively, MB started to call 911 and then the assailant began the attack?)

And unfortunately that analysis can lead to either familiarity or total stranger……

Reviewing the video that has been released, the ‘SWAT’ dressed individual does not really seem to be a skilled burglar? They almost IMO seem to be unskilled or unfamiliar with the implements or tools they are using. And also wonder might they be an individual that wanted to be a law enforcement professional, but was either not qualified or rejected for a job or role in that profession?

Do we know the source of the hammer? Do we know whether the perpetrator brought that item or was it obtained from inside the church? MOO
Tomorrow, I will take a look at a case similar to Missy's and post some comparisons/differences.

A Toys R Us assistant manager was murdered inside the store at roughly 4:30 am with his murdered seen on CCTV with dark clothing and a large knife in hand, that is the gist of it.

The murderer was identified, and part of his story was that the victim allegedly recognized him after lifting up his mask. I will cover similarities, differences, and potential motivations that are still debated in this case.

This case, too, is debated on pre-meditated murder or not.

There is no preset behavior or rule of action for a random freak who happens to be caught on camera in a small country church in the middle of a dark night in the middle of nowhere.

All IMHO

Walking around and exploring needn’t involve play acting of any prescribed sort.
Breaking, entering, exploring by wandering around - certainly enough of an adrenaline rush for some.
What happened later- encountering Missy completely unexpectedly- very possibly SHOCKINGLY- could well have raised the adrenaline to absolute and immediate top notch and kicked off the “fight” impulse in our SWAT creep before he even really knew what he was doing and he could well have impulsively yet purposefully shot her and ran.
He could well have felt overwhelmingly threatened by her unexpected presence and instinctively and purposefully pulled the trigger on his gun thereby eliminating his threat.

Years ago I was robbed on a train in Europe- we had 4 young children with us and I told my friend several times to watch two men “like a hawk” who were acting peculiar and hovering. It happened so quickly but when I saw my backpack open I knew in that split second who rifled through it and I instinctively grabbed his shirt with my left hand and started pounding his arm with my right fist. It was all around shocking - somehow my split second instinct told me to whale on this guy and as I held his shirt tightly in one hand and pounded his arm shouting that he’s a “bad man” somehow I must have sensed no danger of him pulling a switchblade or doing me harm in any way.
He actually stood there in shock as I continued pounding him with my fist numerous times.
Seconds later my fanny pack (that he stole from the bottom of my backpack) came flying through the air landing in the 5 year old’s lap.
At that point I KNEW for certain he stole from me and I grabbed his shirt even tighter, pounded his arm with my fist even harder and kept shouting “you are a BAD MAN” over and over again.
You don’t rehearse for moments like this.
Who is to say what anyone would do for certain when they feel violated?
If I had a can of mace handy (I did not) would I have instinctively sprayed the robber?
Who knows? If I had my hand on my phone would I have used it to hit the robber instead of my fist? Who knows?
I certainly didn’t have a weapon with me.
I think I shocked myself by physically engaging with my robber. I had never taken a self defense class at that point nor had I followed any true crime stories. I had heard to always let a robber take your purse or your car or whatever and not to fight him at the risk of being killed or injured.

The point I’m trying to make is that none of us know what we would do if we feel unexpectedly threatened. Most of us don’t rehearse for moments like that.
There are definitely those who are killed when they unfortunately happen upon someone who is committing a crime/ when a criminal feels threatened.
It is my distinct belief the Missy falls into this category.

There is no preset behavior or rule of action for a random freak who happens to be caught on camera in a small country church in the middle of a dark night in the middle of nowhere.

All IMHO

Walking around and exploring needn’t involve play acting of any prescribed sort.
Breaking, entering, exploring by wandering around - certainly enough of an adrenaline rush for some.
What happened later- encountering Missy completely unexpectedly- very possibly SHOCKINGLY- could well have raised the adrenaline to absolute and immediate top notch and kicked off the “fight” impulse in our SWAT creep before he even really knew what he was doing and he could well have impulsively yet purposefully shot her and ran.
He could well have felt overwhelmingly threatened by her unexpected presence and instinctively and purposefully pulled the trigger on his gun thereby eliminating his threat.

Years ago I was robbed on a train in Europe- we had 4 young children with us and I told my friend several times to watch two men “like a hawk” who were acting peculiar and hovering. It happened so quickly but when I saw my backpack open I knew in that split second who rifled through it and I instinctively grabbed his shirt with my left hand and started pounding his arm with my right fist. It was all around shocking - somehow my split second instinct told me to whale on this guy and as I held his shirt tightly in one hand and pounded his arm shouting that he’s a “bad man” somehow I must have sensed no danger of him pulling a switchblade or doing me harm in any way.
He actually stood there in shock as I continued pounding him with my fist numerous times.
Seconds later my fanny pack (that he stole from the bottom of my backpack) came flying through the air landing in the 5 year old’s lap.
At that point I KNEW for certain he stole from me and I grabbed his shirt even tighter, pounded his arm with my fist even harder and kept shouting “you are a BAD MAN” over and over again.
You don’t rehearse for moments like this.
Who is to say what anyone would do for certain when they feel violated?
If I had a can of mace handy (I did not) would I have instinctively sprayed the robber?
Who knows? If I had my hand on my phone would I have used it to hit the robber instead of my fist? Who knows?
I certainly didn’t have a weapon with me.
I think I shocked myself by physically engaging with my robber. I had never taken a self defense class at that point nor had I followed any true crime stories. I had heard to always let a robber take your purse or your car or whatever and not to fight him at the risk of being killed or injured.

The point I’m trying to make is that none of us know what we would do if we feel unexpectedly threatened. Most of us don’t rehearse for moments like that.
There are definitely those who are killed when they unfortunately happen upon someone who is committing a crime/ when a criminal feels threatened.
It is my distinct belief the Missy falls into this category.
I can see it. The assumption the person in the church could have chosen to get away isn't a given because it is possible MB was not going to LET anyone get away. ?

I've often wondered if Swat Perp went to a diner for breakfast to watch the cluster of LE responding to the church.
Or just observed from a parking lot somewhere in view of the church.
bbm
Maybe, his possible get-away-driver served him some treats? ;)

Was not her phone found in the car?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama
Back