UK- London Nine injured in suspected acid attack, children among injured 01/31/24

MOO again but the BBC updates stated he'd been denied asylum twice before it was granted to him. If the victims were indeed staying at the asylum hotel then there could be all kinds of history.

Sky News verifies
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak
Sky News Breaking

2m

Sky News understands the suspect in the Clapham chemical attack is a former asylum seeker who had his application denied twice before being granted the right to stayFor more on this and other news visit http://trib.al/Rx0iR33

The BBC understands that Mr Ezedi arrived in the UK by lorry in 2016, and was twice turned down for asylum before being granted it on his third attempt.

[…]

The 31-year-old and her daughter, three, remain in hospital, along with her older daughter, eight.

[…]

Police believe he is known to the family, but said they were not yet clear on their exact relationship.

Supt Gabriel Cameron told reporters on Thursday he had "no idea" what Mr Ezedi's motivation may have been, but that he was "wholeheartedly confident" he would be caught.

He said Mr Ezedi is believed to be from the Newcastle area, and the car left at the scene, a Hyundai, belonged to him.

He may have been known to police, Supt Cameron added.

[…]

Police have urged any members of the public who saw what happened to call 101 quoting reference CAD 7790/31Jan.

3h ago
Bilal Khan, the owner of Billy’s Garage in Byker, said Ezedi had been “persistent” when trying to buy a car off him last summer.

Khan said:

He approached me last year asking if I had a car for sale. We had one which he was interested in and I told him the price. He was a very persistent type of guy, he doesn’t let things go easily.
He was coming and going back to me about the car but I told him ‘this is my price’.
Khan indicated that Ezedi lived in a nearby halfway house, and he preferred not to do business with its residents. “I try to keep my distance from people like that,” he said.

The negotiation over the car ended without a sale last summer and Khan said he had not seen Ezedi since around Christmas or new year, PA Media reported.

Asked if he was worried about the suspect returning to Newcastle, Khan said:

I don’t think so. If he knows the police and the media are after him then he will stay away, if he doesn’t get caught.

It's clear now why they held off releasing his name as long as possible. Twice failed asylum seeker, successfully on 3rd try. Committed sex offence and able to remain. It's going to provoke a lot of emotion.

It's clear now why they held off releasing his name as long as possible. Twice failed asylum seeker, successfully on 3rd try. Committed sex offence and able to remain. It's going to provoke a lot of emotion.

Two failed attempts and ONCE in the country he committed the sex offences. That seemed to persuade them to give him asylum in his third attempt. :rolleyes: Go figure.

He was convicted of "sexual assault/exposure" in 2018, before being granted asylum in 2021 or 2022.

[…]

His asylum application was twice turned down, but granted on the third occasion when he claimed to have converted to Christianity.

Clapham 'acid' attacker Abdul Ezedi snuck into UK in a lorry, was twice told to leave, then committed a sex crime - yet was STILL allowed to stay by claiming he was Christian​

Feb 1, 2024
Sky News has been told Abdul Shokoor Ezedi, the man suspected of throwing corrosive fluid over a mum and her two daughters, was convicted of a sexual offence in 2018.He was then granted asylum to stay in the UK by the government.Police have released a CCTV image showing him with a significant facial injury after the attack.

Feb 1, 2024
Summary: Superintendent Gabriel Cameron reads a statement to the media on Lesser Avenue, near Clapham Common, south London, following an attack there last night.A toddler and her mother have suffered potentially life-changing injuries after an alkaline substance was thrown at them in a "targeted" attack which saw 11 people taken to hospital.

Third day, No Arrest of man with half burned face!

I know they are working hard, but still ... Ridiculous.
I hope we get an update very soon.

He is a tough cookie :oops:

Imagine strolling casually into Tesco to buy a bottle of water with half face a burnt mess,
- without batting an eyelid -
one eyelid I might add o_O

"With his face heavily scarred, he could be seen buying a bottle of water in a north London Tesco, understood to be the branch closest to King's Cross Station, around an hour after the attack on Wednesday evening."
(link DM in following post)

JMO

Last edited:
"Ezedi managed to claim asylum,
despite his criminal history,
after a priest vouched that he had converted to Christianity."

I wish we had a verified physician on this thread. Will that burn kill him if not treated? I imagine an infection would. Can he self-treat an infection? What will happen to his face if not treated? I would think he would surrender just to be able to get medical treatment. He only bought water? He must not have any money cause you would think he would buy some kind of pain relief too. And maybe some things for the burn. How he can even walk is beyond me. And now he is without his car. No money for food either? He's a dead man walking IMO.

I wish we had a verified physician on this thread. Will that burn kill him if not treated? I imagine an infection would. Can he self-treat an infection? What will happen to his face if not treated? I would think he would surrender just to be able to get medical treatment. He only bought water? He must not have any money cause you would think he would buy some kind of pain relief too. And maybe some things for the burn. How he can even walk is beyond me. And now he is without his car. No money for food either? He's a dead man walking IMO.
When caught he'll get the outmost care provided by the NHS .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapper_physicist
Back