UK - Nicholas Rossi, 34, aka Alahverdian aka Arthur Knight, faked death found alive in Glasgow , 15 Jan 2022 *extradited back to the US*

The Dateline episode aired in April and was called “Dead Man Talking”. I only listened to the podcast version, but I assume it was a regular episode. As an American, his accent sounded ridiculously fake to me. I would be interested to know what locals think. (I can’t remember what accent he was even trying to do.)

The Dateline episode aired in April and was called “Dead Man Talking”. I only listened to the podcast version, but I assume it was a regular episode. As an American, his accent sounded ridiculously fake to me. I would be interested to know what locals think. (I can’t remember what accent he was even trying to do.)
conveniently, neither can he.

Look, I'm just saying: if I was a chubby man from Rhode Island attempting to escape justice, I'd try for a gambit that didn't come straight out of a 'Family Guy' episode.

A Scottish court has ruled a suspected rapist who apparently faked his own death can be sent back to the United States to face serious sex charges.

Nicholas Rossi, who claims he is an Irish orphan named Arthur Knight, has been at the centre of a long-running extradition battle in Edinburgh

The 35-year-old learned his fate at Edinburgh Sheriff Court today when Sheriff Norman McFadyen ruled there is no impediment to him being extradited.

Sheriff McFadyen's ruling will now be considered by Scottish ministers.

Rossi appeared at the court today by video link after claiming to be unwell.

He was bent over at the waist, dressed in a green jumper and did not show his face.

When asked if he is Rossi, he did not answer.

Rossi's lawyer Mungo Bovey KC attempted to delay proceedings and asked for Rossi to be excused.

Sheriff McFadyen suggested Rossi had attended court by videolink 'voluntarily', but in an angry outburst Rossi said he had been brought before the camera by 'physical force' and he called the sheriff 'a disgrace to justice'.

Sheriff McFadyen added: "I conclude that he is as dishonest and deceitful as he is evasive and manipulative. These unfortunate facets of his character have undoubtedly complicated and extended what is ultimately a straightforward case."

Scotland's justice secretary has confirmed that the extradition of the American fugitive Nicholas Rossi can go ahead.
Angela Constance signed the extradition order last week after a court ruled in August there was no legal barrier to Rossi being sent back to the United States to face rape charges.

Finally, unless he appeals the decision…:rolleyes:

Scotland's justice secretary has confirmed that the extradition of the American fugitive Nicholas Rossi can go ahead.
Angela Constance signed the extradition order last week after a court ruled in August there was no legal barrier to Rossi being sent back to the United States to face rape charges.

Finally, unless he appeals the decision…:rolleyes:
This is mind blowing how long this has gone on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xWitheringRosex
Back