GUILTY UK - Shannon Matthews, 9, Dewsbury Moor, West Yorkshire, Feb 2008

'I want a lie detector test, a Big Mac and a life by the sea': Kidnap mum Karen Matthews also claims 'several others' abducted Shannon in bizarre rant on eve of release

On the eve of her release from jail, lying mother Karen Matthews says ‘several others’ were involved in the abduction of her child four years ago, it was claimed today.

Matthews, who pretended daughter Shannon, nine, was missing for a month but drugged and hid her under a bed, alleges she would be murdered if she revealed who was behind the plot in Dewsbury Moor, West Yorkshire.

[snip]

Matthews is due for release before Easter under a new name, after serving half her eight-year jail sentence for kidnap, false imprisonment and perverting the course of justice.

[snip]

‘When I get out I want a lie detector test to show I’m innocent – and a Big Mac.

She seems still very adept at lying... wonder if the rich beau is a fantasy too...

That TV drama might be interesting. They made appropriate adult, about Fred and rose west, I thought it was really good. The actors were brill.
Might be worth a watch.

Although I despise that woman, Karen Mathews. She had the whole community searching and the country holding its breath and praying for little Shannon, while she knew exactly were her daughter was.

The TV drama is being filmed, it's called The Moorside Project and will star Gemma Whelan (Game of Thrones) as Karen Matthews*, and Sheridan Smith as her friend Julie (local search coordinator / fundraiser). I love Sheridan Smith and am sure it will be realistically done and true to the story.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/tv/take-look-sheridan-smith-shannon-11015500

*apparently Karen wanted Kate Winslet to play her. AS IF!

Horrible woman...

• Britain's most reviled mother Karen Matthews has turned to God and given up booze as she today begged for forgiveness after faking the kidnap of her own daughter.
  • Today it can be revealed she is a teetotal born-again Christian living on benefits in southern England under a new name inspired by her favourite Hollywood star.
  • Shannon, now 18, is not believed to have any contact with her mother after she was found a new home when Karen was jailed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rning-God-faking-kidnap-daughter-Shannon.html

Ive just read through the case. I remember it happening but had forgot about it until i seen the program advertised. Some people dont deserve the title of mum.

Really good drama. I thought it was all for reward money but shows a different motive (probably along with the reward money). How she thought she'd get away with it is bizarre.

Really good drama. I thought it was all for reward money but shows a different motive (probably along with the reward money). How she thought she'd get away with it is bizarre.

I didn't see it. What was the different motive it showed?

Karen Matthews claimed that she sent Shannon to stay with Mick Donovan because she wanted to leave Craig Meehan. She intended to take the rest of the kids and leave that day. However, Craig Meehan didn't go into work claiming he had stomach ache, and because he was in the house 'she bottled it' and didn't go.
Why she didn't tell Donovan that is never questioned.

Nor was the fact that she'd been giving Shannon Temazepam for 8 months prior to her 'kidnapping' mentioned in the drama series.

Shameless Karen Matthews in new low as she 'scams charity sandwiches meant to be donated to homeless'

Kidnap shame mum Karen Matthews is suspected of a charity scam which rips off the homeless.

Matthews, 43, has been targeting homeless people in a charity scam which sinks to new depths, it has been claimed.

The woman who faked her daughter’s kidnap allegedly sells donated food to people living on the street.

She regularly visits a Pret A Manger store and is given unsold sandwiches on the understanding she takes them to a soup kitchen.

But after loading the grub into bags and a trolley, she is said to have been selling what she can to the homeless – then stuffing the rest in her fridge.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shameless-karen-matthews-new-low-12446931

Also being reported in the Wail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hews-scams-homeless-selling-DONATED-FOOD.html

Karen Matthews is engaged to a convicted paedophile she started dating only six weeks ago, it has been reported.

The 44-year-old met handyman Paul Saunders while he worked on the bathroom at her flat.

And the evil mum, who infamously faked the kidnap of her own daughter in 2008, is said to be 'head over heels in love' with the 56-year-old.

In 2010 Saunders was jailed for five years after he admitted to sexual activity with a teenager.

Karen Matthews engaged to convicted paedophile 'she's been dating for 6 weeks'

I hope Shannon (now aged about 20) is nowhere near this vile excuse for a mother and her lovely new boyfriend. Ffs.

Off topic but my friend has a (different) Karen Matthews on her Facebook and I often see her posts come up. Bearing in mind this case was all over our local news and the name is mud here, I think I’d have had to change it to something less notorious!

A whopping £3.2 million ($6.13m) was used in a manhunt to find Shannon, including reward money.

After 24 days, police found Shannon drugged and hidden in the base of a bed at Donovan's flat in Yorkshire.

Shannon's discovery also uncovered her mother's sinister plot, which has been the topic of a new British documentary, The Disappearance of Shannon Matthews, which details how the desperate search for the missing child unfolded.

In it, the disturbing truth of how Shannon was horrifically exploited by her own mum was uncovered - and how she shamelessly played on public sympathy by posing as a worried parent.
Shannon Matthews disappearance: New doco reveals how mum kidnapped her own daughter - NZ Herald

I watched the new doc. There was a new interview with Shannon’s childhood friend. Also interesting police interview at Donovan’s flat (plus sad pics of the restraints). Plus I hadn’t realised the family had reached out to the McCanns requesting money from them to help (they refused the request).
I also noted the police saying the UK has a total of 22 cadaver dogs and 18 of them were deployed to the hunt for Shannon.

I was going to post about the disappearance of Shannon Matthews programme but have been beaten to it. I'm shocked to the core about the whole thing! But so happy Shannon was found alive and the main thing is that her and her siblings were taken out of an evil, unhappy home and I just hope wherever they all are now - they are happy. I feel sorry for Shannon's best friend though, not being able to see her best friend any more, especially as it was stated how they were so alike. I noticed some bits in the documentary were different to what had been reported in the news but maybe they didn't have all the facts back then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss mustang
Back