GUILTY UK - Shannon Matthews, 9, Dewsbury Moor, West Yorkshire, Feb 2008

Chico - everyone of us is disgusted by the matter which brought this thread about, but it doesn't stop us smiling and having fun because without that things like Shannons experience would drive us to depression!

OT - My DD only managed to retain small shades of my colour, which is such a shame, but she still managed to get the red head temper, just my luck! :rolleyes:

Back on topic... looks like the Matthews won't be returning home in a hurry, those poor kids

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=558221&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1018796.ece

It was reported on a national news radio station last night that the trustees of the Maddie McCann fund had been approached a few times for money, which is reiterated in the first link. Looks like I'm going to be standing in the middle of Dewsbury Moor!!!

Out of curiousity here does he have anything wrong with him like downs or something like that? I am trying to read through all of this and catch up...so the mom knew where her kid was all along? :confused:

Hi Mygirlsadie,

Re the stepdad, I don't think he has, it's not a very flattering photo. The fact that he looks like he's laughing/ smirking to me shows his immaturity.

Re the mother, it looks that way. She has been remanded in custody and denied bail:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1312244,00.html

A national paper (The Sun if anyone's interested) recites the above article pretty much verbatim but adds that Donovans charges may have to be reassessed, i.e. he can't be charged for kidnapping if he didn't infact kidnap her.

Out of curiousity here does he have anything wrong with him like downs or something like that? I am trying to read through all of this and catch up...so the mom knew where her kid was all along? :confused:

It hasn't been reported that he has any medical conditions. I believe that's just the way he looks! As for Karen (mother) it appears that she knew where Shannon was all along. So far 5 people have been arrested Mick Donovan, uncle of Craig Meehan (is Shannon's stepfather) who was arrested also, he had a computer full of kiddie *advertiser censored*, Craig's mother & sister were arrested (not sure their involvement is just yet) last but not least Karen Matthews.
Hope I didn't confuse you! It's a pretty strange story & getting stranger.

Gosh, I wasnt surprised at all when b/f was arrested but I didnt really see 'Mother' being involved coming. I thought she was just a clueless fool who hadnt wised up to her b/fs worrying tendencies.

How many of you thought she'd be involved?

Gosh, I wasnt surprised at all when b/f was arrested but I didnt really see 'Mother' being involved coming. I thought she was just a clueless fool who hadnt wised up to her b/fs worrying tendencies.

I didn't think so at first, just thought she wasn't a very good mother. But, as the story started to unfold, maybe around the time her boyfriend/husband was arrested for child *advertiser censored* on computer, I started to get that OH NO feeling, and that she may be involved.
It makes me sick to think of what's next to come out!!

:laugh:

OMG- I am LMAO at that comment. I know its not funny to make fun of his appearance, and Im sure you were'nt, but he is rather unattractive. I too, had that first glance and thought he may have a touch of down's myself. I think he may have some type of mental problem and maybe a pyhsical one too with his short stature and features- his sister sure didnt share the same "small stature" gene that he has. Havent seen mom yet.:waitasec:

I didnt at first, but when "lil man" started getting questioned, my hinky meter when up!!!
BTW- what a waste of eggs- She brought 7 children into this world who will now be forever scarred by her seflfishness and greed. These poor babies as well as Shannon are who need all the prayers in this world. This case no doubt will change ALL of their lives forever. Hopefully the "sperm donors" (can't really call them dads since "shorty" is responsible for at least one of them with her, and we all know what he has done) are more responsible than she has been, but then look at her choices so far??? what a shame!!!!

Oh gosh..well something is wrong with him because he just don't look ''right''.. We know he is obviously mental. You would have to be to do this kind of crap! I think him and his sister have diff. dads. :crazy:

:laugh:

OMG- I am LMAO at that comment. I know its not funny to make fun of his appearance, and Im sure you were'nt, but he is rather unattractive. I too, had that first glance and thought he may have a touch of down's myself. I think he may have some type of mental problem and maybe a pyhsical one too with his short stature and features- his sister sure didnt share the same "small stature" gene that he has. Havent seen mom yet.:waitasec:

Unbelievable! No you didn't confuse me.. I'm just in shock. How could this mother carry on with such a story? I never in my life.... anyway so WHY would they do this? Donations? :waitasec:

It hasn't been reported that he has any medical conditions. I believe that's just the way he looks! As for Karen (mother) it appears that she knew where Shannon was all along. So far 5 people have been arrested Mick Donovan, uncle of Craig Meehan (is Shannon's stepfather) who was arrested also, he had a computer full of kiddie *advertiser censored*, Craig's mother & sister were arrested (not sure their involvement is just yet) last but not least Karen Matthews.
Hope I didn't confuse you! It's a pretty strange story & getting stranger.

Hi Mygirlsadie,

Re the stepdad, I don't think he has, it's not a very flattering photo. The fact that he looks like he's laughing/ smirking to me shows his immaturity.

Re the mother, it looks that way. She has been remanded in custody and denied bail:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1312244,00.html

A national paper (The Sun if anyone's interested) recites the above article pretty much verbatim but adds that Donovans charges may have to be reassessed, i.e. he can't be charged for kidnapping if he didn't infact kidnap her.

From this article, the pic looks eerily the same as Shannon- boy, spite the hair color, they look exactly.

Shannon's mother's empty house is boarded up as police call for angry neighbours to show restraint

Council contractors were sent to board up the house, to protect it from vandals.
The leaflet stated: "It is important that the community does not jump to any conclusions about people who may be involved in this inquiry.
"Please do not take the law into your own hands, and leave police to do their job."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=558221&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

I didnt at first, but when "lil man" started getting questioned, my hinky meter when up!!!
BTW- what a waste of eggs- She brought 7 children into this world who will now be forever scarred by her seflfishness and greed. These poor babies as well as Shannon are who need all the prayers in this world. This case no doubt will change ALL of their lives forever. Hopefully the "sperm donors" (can't really call them dads since "shorty" is responsible for at least one of them with her, and we all know what he has done) are more responsible than she has been, but then look at her choices so far??? what a shame!!!!

Does anyone believe she has stopped having babies? she'll have more, i'm sure.

Does anyone believe she has stopped having babies? she'll have more, i'm sure.

I live in Calif., and if Im not mistaken, when a mother has been stripped of her parental rights and had a child taken out of custody, any subsequent children are taken away also. Im not sure if it is case by case, but Im pretty sure this is it. Sorry, dont have time to research, but what is important, is it the law in the UK? Probably not. It really sounds like locals are RAGING mad!!! I would be also, but it sounds like the are really getting violent and destoying their property. I dont agree with this, as Im sure it will be confiscated, if not sold, as it sounds like they will be spending quite a bit of time in jail. I hope they do- In the states, they both would receive quite a few years for what they each have been charged with already. Anyone know approx how long they are looking at, or if it has been released? I think I read something, but not sure :) Thank you.

Looks like the brains behind the operation is getting cold feet. All 3 geniuses are on suicide watch. Troll has even tried to bail out, being denied only because the police are afraid they cannot guarantee his safety any better than in prison (where he belongs). Although I am not one to condone violence, I do believe in karma, and if they didnt do something dumb to get them busted in the first place, then they wouldnt be locked up. They did something wrong, and they havent even begun to answer for t, yet alone pay for it yet.

I do have to admit I got a chuckle when I read t he following: Inmates have a betting pool going in the women's jail: First one to get to Karen and rough her up, wins 10 *advertiser censored* (ciggys, I think :waitasec: KBUK, correct me if I am wrong.lol). Hard to imagine your life isnt worth more than 1/2 pack of *advertiser censored*? :eek: :bang:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1036557.ece

lol @ 1/2 pack of *advertiser censored*.. That just cracked me up the way you wrote that! hehehehe

Looks like the brains behind the operation is getting cold feet. All 3 geniuses are on suicide watch. Troll has even tried to bail out, being denied only because the police are afraid they cannot guarantee his safety any better than in prison (where he belongs). Although I am not one to condone violence, I do believe in karma, and if they didnt do something dumb to get them busted in the first place, then they wouldnt be locked up. They did something wrong, and they havent even begun to answer for t, yet alone pay for it yet.

I do have to admit I got a chuckle when I read t he following: Inmates have a betting pool going in the women's jail: First one to get to Karen and rough her up, wins 10 *advertiser censored* (ciggys, I think :waitasec: KBUK, correct me if I am wrong.lol). Hard to imagine your life isnt worth more than 1/2 pack of *advertiser censored*? :eek: :bang:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1036557.ece

10 ciggies.... hahaha! :crazy: New Hall Prision, isn't too far from where I live maybe 2 miles... I smoke.. I'll do it!

10 ciggies.... hahaha! :crazy: New Hall Prision, isn't too far from where I live maybe 2 miles... I smoke.. I'll do it!

Good morning!
I know I would, I smoke too! I have absolutely no sympathy for these 's, hope they spend the rest of their days in prison! As far as all three being on suicide watch, oh boohoo...:boohoo:

Haven't had my morning coffee or *advertiser censored*/ciggy yet, think I'll go do that!

Good morning! :blowkiss: (well afternoon here... in fact nearly home time yippee!)

I bet they never thought, when they set out on this little fraud adventure, how badly it could go wrong. I bet Meehan never thought those clever police officers would discover his dirty little secret. I bet egg donor never thought all those men she'd helped father children would crawl out of the woodwork and get their 15 minutes of fame.

Poor Shannon, and her siblings... they deserve so much better than these idiots as parents/ step-parents.

Well I may take a drive past the lovely New Hall tonight, what with the credit crunch and all, I could do with some help towards my nicotine fund!!! :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay
Back