GUILTY UK - Shannon Matthews, 9, Dewsbury Moor, West Yorkshire, Feb 2008

Good morning! :blowkiss: (well afternoon here... in fact nearly home time yippee!)

I bet they never thought, when they set out on this little fraud adventure, how badly it could go wrong. I bet Meehan never thought those clever police officers would discover his dirty little secret. I bet egg donor never thought all those men she'd helped father children would crawl out of the woodwork and get their 15 minutes of fame.

Poor Shannon, and her siblings... they deserve so much better than these idiots as parents/ step-parents.

Well I may take a drive past the lovely New Hall tonight, what with the credit crunch and all, I could do with some help towards my nicotine fund!!! :crazy:

KBUK my friend, I so wish I were there with you, I'd go along on that drive!
I think your right about those 's, the key words "Never thought," they never thought they'd be caught!! Stupid (they are IMO) to think they could pull this off!

KBUK my friend, I so wish I were there with you, I'd go along on that drive!
I think your right about those 's, the key words "Never thought," they never thought they'd be caught!! Stupid (they are IMO) to think they could pull this off!

Anyone hear anything about dear old grandma's part in this failed attempt to extort kidnapping $$? The only thing I have heard is that she hasnt been charged yet? that was a couple weeks back, so Im sure things have changed. I cant imagine any of them being 'safe' in any neighborhood in the UK- This is such a highly-publicized case, and there faces are even well known the the US-

HA- Karma is a hard one to run away from- It will catch you in the end :bang:

Anyone hear anything about dear old grandma's part in this failed attempt to extort kidnapping $$? The only thing I have heard is that she hasnt been charged yet? that was a couple weeks back, so Im sure things have changed. I cant imagine any of them being 'safe' in any neighborhood in the UK- This is such a highly-publicized case, and there faces are even well known the the US-
HA- Karma is a hard one to run away from- It will catch you in the end :bang:

Hey Chico, come to think of it, I haven't heard anything about step grandma & and Meehan's sister. I don't think they've been released yet, or it's possible I just haven't heard. I'm also curious what roll these two played, I think it had something to with withholding information?? Maybe KBUK knows & will give us a report this morning!

Here I am!!! I'm sorry, I'm online but keep having to do that annoying thing called work.. it so gets in the way! :bang: Its lovely to be in demand though... carry on! LOL!

Step gran is out and walking the streets on bail as is stepdaddy's sister.

There's no new news today, its fallen off the radar a bit. I think the papers are trying to dig up anything they can i.e.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1041782.ece

and from the above paper's sister paper on Sunday

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1304_shannon.shtml

All I know, and it is rumour from my colleague, is the police are trawling through phone records and emails etc. Seems they weren't too bothered (insert clever) about leaving a trail.

Chico, you're so right. Everyone in this country (unless they live in a cave) knows what these people look like and no, they are not welcome

Here I am!!! I'm sorry, I'm online but keep having to do that annoying thing called work.. it so gets in the way! :bang: Its lovely to be in demand though... carry on! LOL!
Step gran is out and walking the streets on bail as is stepdaddy's sister.
There's no new news today, its fallen off the radar a bit. I think the papers are trying to dig up anything they can i.e.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1041782.ece
and from the above paper's sister paper on Sunday
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1304_shannon.shtml
All I know, and it is rumour from my colleague, is the police are trawling through phone records and emails etc. Seems they weren't too bothered (insert clever) about leaving a trail.
Chico, you're so right. Everyone in this country (unless they live in a cave) knows what these people look like and no, they are not welcome

Well here you are! :) Well if you ask me they all look like a bunch of naffs to me! I was hoping that they would stay banged up for awhile!! Thought I would surprise you and try my hand at a few English terms for you today KBUK, did I use them in the right context??
IMO, police are looking for anything & everything to nail them on, it's almost a given, if you'd assist in a kidnap, what else have you done??

HI tempus and KBUK,
This board is getting more nd more drama as we go. Have you heard anything about mom and sis being harrassed? I would hope so!! That is not too big of an area and not too many places to hide. Hope they take their wonderful son and move him to India or Frica- somewhere FAR away.

Tempusfugit, naffs? I've never heard... we use 'naff off' for get lost/ go away. But I like it, I may help it make a come back! Banged up on the other hand is a classic! I'll let you into a secret though, it can mean something else.. getting pregnant and I think Karens done that enough already! :rolleyes:

I heard on the local news this morning that Karen Matthews will appear in court this afternoon, but by video link from prison. However, I can't find a link! I'll add one later.

Here is an article about Shannons family tree and how all the familys are linked. I'm ashamed to say it made me cry reading it.

From link: Rumour suggests that DNA tests will throw up one more shock that will further complicate the family tree.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...rticle_id=559949&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=

ETA: Link for mother in court, although nothing else new in article.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1047972.ece

Tempusfugit, naffs? I've never heard... we use 'naff off' for get lost/ go away. But I like it, I may help it make a come back! Banged up on the other hand is a classic! I'll let you into a secret though, it can mean something else.. getting pregnant and I think Karens done that enough already! :rolleyes:

I heard on the local news this morning that Karen Matthews will appear in court this afternoon, but by video link from prison. However, I can't find a link! I'll add one later.

Here is an article about Shannons family tree and how all the familys are linked. I'm ashamed to say it made me cry reading it.

From link: Rumour suggests that DNA tests will throw up one more shock that will further complicate the family tree.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...rticle_id=559949&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=

ETA: Link for mother in court, although nothing else new in article.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1047972.ece

Wow KBUK- Thanks for the info- :blowkiss:
That sheads a lot of life on the famiy tree situation. I dont mean to sound crass, but I wouldnt be surprised if there wasnt a bit of inbreeding in there :eek:
I was amazed at all of the different fathers that have custody of their own children. Obviously by her age, she was popping them out one after another.

I hope ole ginger thinks about those babies she made at the same time she prays to stay alive. I have thankfully never been to jail, but I cant imagine the hostility that must be felt by her. Its a wonder she can sleep, yet Im sure she slept like a baby while Shannon was gone and she thought she had gotten away with it!!! :furious:

Wow KBUK- Thanks for the info- :blowkiss:
That sheads a lot of life on the famiy tree situation. I dont mean to sound crass, but I wouldnt be surprised if there wasnt a bit of inbreeding in there :eek:

Snipped by me.

Chico, I don't think you're wrong. :sick:

From Link: Karen Matthews is to stand trial over the alleged abduction of her daughter Shannon.

Matthews, 32, is charged with perverting the course of justice and child neglect.

She will go before a jury on November 11 alongside Michael Donovan, who is charged with Shannon's kidnapping and false imprisonment.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=559996&in_page_id=1770

Inside Shannon's hideaway: Pictures of the dirty flat where the schoolgirl lived undetected for 24 days
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=560191&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Tempusfugit, naffs? I've never heard... we use 'naff off' for get lost/ go away. But I like it, I may help it make a come back! Banged up on the other hand is a classic! I'll let you into a secret though, it can mean something else.. getting pregnant and I think Karens done that enough already!

Good Morning, Well that settles that, think I'll just stick to English!:) Thanks for information, I'm going to agree with our friend chico, & you, got a feeling she might be right about inbreeding. What a sad mess... It will be interesting to find out exactly what "Rumor suggests that DNA test will throw up one more shock that will further complicate the family tree." God, only knows what this may mean!!

OK KBUK, Tempus, and a few other loyal locals/readers-

1. WHY would someone have a glue gun hanging off of a child's bed? WTF? Those things are so hot and dangerous! I cant imagine!

2. DO you think that maybe they drugged her and got her to the beach that first day? She has a pretty good memory from what I have heard, and why wouldnt she remember that? Most kids remember going to that shore even if they live close by and visit often.

3. What a joke- a comic/coloring book entitled "Arrive Alive". Is that the biggest joke I have ever seen, I dont know what is.

I mentioned this before, and it could be camera flashes/angles, but it seems like her hair has been colored darker. I know when I color my ginger up ...lol girls, I get that dryed look until I put conditioner on it. From the looks of Karen, I doubt she cared about anyone's appearance except her own.

One last thing, from the pics KBUK posted, ole Karen sure has some DARK bags under those eyes. Poor baby- isnt she sleeping well in the slammer???? :behindbar :behindbar hehehehe

Hello my UK frieds (and US as well :blowkiss:),

Any updates on this case? I looked today at the previous links and didnt see anything, but didnt do thorough searches- Thought y'all would have better info :clap:

Thanks in advance if you have anything!!!

Chicho, hello! Thank you for pulling this thread up again. There really isn't anything going on at the moment. The mother (word loosely used!) and Donovan are due for trial in November, and even then the news may be quite limited I'm afraid. We English aren't as relaxed with their press laws as the USA. we can report quite a lot of "speculation" in the first instance but as soon as anyone is arrested/charged it all clams up.

However, we have got the following

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7423420.stm

The former partner of Shannon Matthews' mother will go on trial later this year accused of possessing child *advertiser censored*, a judge has ruled.
Craig Meehan appeared at Dewsbury Magistrates' Court, where a trial date was scheduled for 8 September.

KBUK, thanks for the update, we have heard literally nothing regarding this case since you've been gone :( I hope that of a stepfather gets years in prison! In a way something good happened because of Shannon, I mean think about it, had she not gone missing they/we would never have found out about the *advertiser censored*! :eek:

Thanks fragile- I actually thought about Shannon a couple weeks ago- Time flies between CA and the other cases.

We need to put out an SOS to KB and Tempusfugit-
I will PM them and see if they have heard anything :)

WHERE ARE MY FELLOW GINGERS?????:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Shannon Matthews kidnap mum set for early release

Kidnap mum Karen *Matthews is being *prepared for early *release from jail.

She’s planning to move abroad with a wealthy *admirer who has been writing to her at Foston Hall prison in *Derbyshire.

Matthews, 36, serving eight years for kidnapping her own daughter Shannon for reward money, has been *boasting to friends about the invitation from her penpal, who lives in the North of England.

More: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ap-mum-set-for-early-release-115875-23626707/

Shannon Matthew's kidnap mother 'planning move to Cyprus with wealthy secret admirer after early release from prison'

Karen Matthews, who arranged the kidnapping of her own daughter Shannon to claim £50,000, is getting ready for an early prison release and to move abroad with her mystery admirer.

The 36-year-old has apparently been receiving letters from a wealthy admirer while serving her eight year sentence at Foston Hall prison in Derbyshire.

Karen Matthews will be released within weeks and will be starting a new life. Lets hope she has her tubes tied and is never allowed near children and the vulnerable again.
British justice is a joke, sentenced to 8 years and out after 4 :furious:

More at DM link including this
"She has already undergone a ‘full makeover’ complete with a trendy new hairstyle and is hoping she will not be recognised by the public when she is back in the community. As a prisoner released on licence, Matthews is likely to begin her new life at a probation hostel"
:puke:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back