Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to stumble on this. I actually live across the street from this cemetery and have for 34 years. I had not heard of this until now. More- I know the lady that works in the office and has for what seems to be forever. I'm going to ask her about this.

A few things I can add:
This cemetery is on rt 236 little river trnpike and has instant access to buses all day. Fairfax hospital is the next exit from here. The cemetery is immediately off a main rd and the Capitol beltway. 495 north. This cemetery in no way- could ever be considered to be- remote. Actually it couldn't be more open.....it is also a stone throw from a mental institution, many housing divisions, a main college campus and police station. This is interesting. There are grocery stores, gas stations a 7eleven and a restraint right next door.

The area where the children are laid to rest is smack dab in the middle of the cemetery right in front of a large statue of Jesus. Again that location was not remote at all. The grounds keeper during that time lived in the basement of the office on site. The office manager at that time has now passed. This cemetery is predominately ethnic-- African American and Hispanic. But mostly African American.

I have a feeling the hospital or mental health center would have something to do with her whereabouts and being there. Just a guess.

Also there is a nordstoms closer than early reported- there is one at Tyson's corner. There is also a Niemans and a slew of high end retail stores.

I found this on a local message board I frequent:

"Some years ago, I worked with a guy that was a cop in Leesburg. He told us a sad story of how he had to investigate a death at a woman’s townhouse there in Leesburg. She had blown her head off and her neighbors had heard the noise and called the cops. After they did some investigating they found a note. Turns out she had been diagnosed with terminal cancer, and was facing a lengthy painful decline. She had no relatives, parents were dead, no husband, no children, nothing. She apparently dressed herself up real nice, did her nails, and made a very nice fancy dinner. When she was done, she took out the gun and ended her life. Some people do these things for whatever the reason. "

I suppose I'm posting to help myself (and maybe others) understand possible motives for AJD.

Interesting to stumble on this. I actually live across the street from this cemetery and have for 34 years. I had not heard of this until now. More- I know the lady that works in the office and has for what seems to be forever. I'm going to ask her about this.

A few things I can add:
This cemetery is on rt 236 little river trnpike and has instant access to buses all day. Fairfax hospital is the next exit from here. The cemetery is immediately off a main rd and the Capitol beltway. 495 north. This cemetery in no way- could ever be considered to be- remote. Actually it couldn't be more open.....it is also a stone throw from a mental institution, many housing divisions, a main college campus and police station. This is interesting. There are grocery stores, gas stations a 7eleven and a restraint right next door.

The area where the children are laid to rest is smack dab in the middle of the cemetery right in front of a large statue of Jesus. Again that location was not remote at all. The grounds keeper during that time lived in the basement of the office on site. The office manager at that time has now passed. This cemetery is predominately ethnic-- African American and Hispanic. But mostly African American.

I have a feeling the hospital or mental health center would have something to do with her whereabouts and being there. Just a guess.

Also there is a nordstoms closer than early reported- there is one at Tyson's corner. There is also a Niemans and a slew of high end retail stores.

Thanks so much for this info! Do you know if the statue of Jesus was there in 1996? Maybe she chose the spot because of the statue, not because it was the children's cemetery. I for one have never believed she was connected with a child in the cemetery, but maybe the Jesus statue drew her.

I speculate she ended her life in the cemetery because it would be a quick and easy disposal. Tidy, even a plastic sheet. No trouble to anyone; even paid for. A quick and tidy exit. So well done, we can't identify her...even after all these years.
But something doesn't add up....if you didn't want to bother anyone, you wouldn't want to worry them with your falling off the face of the earth. Or, was she truly all alone in the world with many years of distance for any relative whatsoever? Or, was she a known person with a misdeed she wanted to exit from? Was this a self imposed punishment?
Arrrrghhhh....the questions could go on and on!
Who are you Christmas tree lady?

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2006019199&id=2

showImage

Scar: Chest, top to bottom
Scar: Abdomen, Abdominal hysterectomy scar

Marion Thiesson was reported missing by her husband in November, 1979. She has gone missing several times in the past and it has been discovered that she lived in Vancouver, British Columbia about 28 years ago. She contacted an acquaintance in 1984, but there has been no contact with Marion Thiessen since that time.

Missing From : Elliot Lake , ON

Don't see her on rule out list - has she been suggested before?

Somewhere in this thread, someone was contacting Dateline to do this story. Any word? Wonder if ID network will come up with a show to do with all these cases.

I speculate she ended her life in the cemetery because it would be a quick and easy disposal. Tidy, even a plastic sheet. No trouble to anyone; even paid for. A quick and tidy exit. So well done, we can't identify her...even after all these years.
But something doesn't add up....if you didn't want to bother anyone, you wouldn't want to worry them with your falling off the face of the earth. Or, was she truly all alone in the world with many years of distance for any relative whatsoever? Or, was she a known person with a misdeed she wanted to exit from? Was this a self imposed punishment?
Arrrrghhhh....the questions could go on and on!
Who are you Christmas tree lady?

bbm -- certain kinds of depression leave you feeling like nobody will notice you're missing, or if they do, they'll be better off without you. It's not usually a true perception, though.

I speak from personal experience.

I saw this in the news today, and immediately thought of Annandale Jane Doe:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...hot-death-retired-air-force-colonel/11347805/

Retired colonel found dead at Arlington Cemetery

"Although we have not completely ruled it out in order to conduct a complete and thorough investigation, we do not suspect foul play at this point in the investigation," said Chris Grey, spokesman for the Army's Criminal Investigation Command, the lead agency investigating the death.

Terrill's neighbors confirmed that his late wife, Helen, who died in 2009, is buried at Arlington. The cemetery's online grave finder lists Helen Terrill as being buried in Section 64, where Terrill was found dead.

I've been thinking that Annandale JD's choice of the cemetery for her suicide was just because it was convenient and isolated at night, and that looking for a connection was a waste of time. But now I wonder if I was too hasty in thinking that--

Also, I wonder how many suicides in general take place in cemeteries? Is there a way to find that out? I do think that some of the choice of cemetery as suicide venue has to do with the fact that cemeteries are large, and people leave you alone/don't question you if they see you there. I don't think it's only about a place being near a deceased loved one. I don't think I've ever heard about a suicide in a mausoleum, maybe because it would be more difficult to pull off without being interrupted? (I don't know...are mausoleums locked at night?)

I saw this in the news today, and immediately thought of Annandale Jane Doe:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...hot-death-retired-air-force-colonel/11347805/

I've been thinking that Annandale JD's choice of the cemetery for her suicide was just because it was convenient and isolated at night, and that looking for a connection was a waste of time. But now I wonder if I was too hasty in thinking that--

Also, I wonder how many suicides in general take place in cemeteries? Is there a way to find that out? I do think that some of the choice of cemetery as suicide venue has to do with the fact that cemeteries are large, and people leave you alone/don't question you if they see you there. I don't think it's only about a place being near a deceased loved one. I don't think I've ever heard about a suicide in a mausoleum, maybe because it would be more difficult to pull off without being interrupted? (I don't know...are mausoleums locked at night?)

I think I posted some stuff about suicides in cemeteries upthread (I have to go look for it). I don't think there were statistics, but they are not uncommon. I also posted some research on suicide notes.

It looks like they've added some names to the ruleouts list. Unfortunately I didn't save a copy of the previous list to know who exactly they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz