Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for welcoming me by the way. I will try contacting Quincy Hospital after next week (10/15 = Personal tax deadline and I am an accountant so work-pressured right now). I wonder if they would have this information after so many years. I am not sure if she was ever reported missing or is posted to any lists such as NamUs. Unfortunately, because of the environment we all grew up in, contact with my Aunt Tina's side of the family is non-existent and I am fearful (maybe the better word would be anxiety ridden) to contact them today. I did have a brief contact with her brother Billy about six years ago but I dropped out of sight because of our family's "past" and how difficult it was for me to remain in contact. In retrospect, I wish I had stayed in contact and approached the subject of my missing aunt with him.

Roselvr, thank you so very much for the contact information that you provided. I will also follow that route after next week also. I just don't know how good it would do because I have virtually no identifying information about her (pics, birthday, ssi information, etc.). Only that she went missing around or before the 1996 date that this JD was found. She led a very dangerous life style even when I was a kid. Other than my uncle Billy, I think that contacting my aunt Tina's sister Shirley and her family would not be a nice scenario so I am hoping to remain anonymous from that side of the family in my search. If they are registered members of this site, then oops they will see my posts anyway.

I just wrote to the detective again today. Maybe I will get a reply from him this time.

I'm on my cell so this will be short. I honestly think contacting NamUs is the way to go. They will get the info; you do not have to be involved except to give the info you know

Search For Tina - Welcome to the forum (although I'm sorry for the circumstances). I have a few questions, if you don't mind:

What year was it when you last saw her?

Do you know if your step-aunt had a serious illness before she disappeared?

Were the items found with the Jane Doe consistent with what your aunt might have? Like, would she often wear jewelry, or do you know if she was a fan of Monty Python?

I am still learning this site so I hope I did the quote thing correctly like I've noticed in other posts. I'll find out once I het the reply button. :)

Without getting into specifics, she was a party gal, dressed to the hilt (correct word?), jewelry, and laughed and joked always and could get mean very quickly. She had a hard life growing up and led a hard life as an adult. Last time I saw her was when before I went into foster care end of 6th grade. She didn't have an illness at that time. I asked my mom about the scar and my mom said she had some type of surgery, maybe a hysterectomy (sp?) and never had children. We were not the type of family that watched TV together so I don't know her likes in TV or comedy. The environment was music, cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, men, and violence I hate to admit. I remember her being beautiful (physically) in her younger years when I knew her. She and all brothers and sisters were short; around 5'. She had blondish redish hair. From what I can gather, she was trying to get her life together when working at Quincy Hospital but kept "falling".

I'm hoping that my description of her has not caused others to stop viewing her as the Christmas lady, the poor lady that died alone, etc. because she deserves the love that she never got growing up (whether this JD is her or not). Also, people do things under the influence that they would never do if not under the influence. She was obviously in pain all of her life. People don't lead her kind of lifestyle if they are happy and loved. I loved her as a kid even with all of her trials and tribulations. I just have to be honest should anyone see my posts that know her or remember her.

I will see what I can do to get her listed on NamUs. Even though I have been searching online sites for years, I always felt hopeless in doing anything with so little information to go on. I'm happy to have found this site.

Search for Tina,

Your description of our "Christmas Tree Lady" (if this *is* your Aunt), makes us love her all the more. We are here to help, love, and support the families of these missing and unidentified people. Huge hug and much love!

Yes, I wanted to say that I am now fascinated by Search For Tina's aunt even if she's not the Annandale lady. I know what it's like to have unanswered questions in your family. I hope that both mysteries--whether or not they are connected--can be resolved.

I wonder whether there's anyone in the world who's truly unloved.

It would be great to give this poor lady her name back. I think of her often and I'm always searching for a answer.

It would be great to give this poor lady her name back. I think of her often and I'm always searching for a answer.

Me too.

I always find myself wanting the suicide UIDs solved just that tiny bit more than the others, because I can't bear the idea of them being "right" about having no one who loved them or who will look for them. It's heartbreaking to me.

Quincy Hospital finally got back to me. They suggested I try Quincy City Hall because it used to be Quincy "City" Hospital; now it is Quincy Medial. The person said because of this, most likely they don't have any records related to my aunt Tina working there. I hope to drive to Quincy City Hall next week to see what I can find out.

Quincy Hospital finally got back to me. They suggested I try Quincy City Hall because it used to be Quincy "City" Hospital; now it is Quincy Medial. The person said because of this, most likely they don't have any records related to my aunt Tina working there. I hope to drive to Quincy City Hall next week to see what I can find out.

I really hope you get some answers. Please keep us posted. If you need anything plz ask.

Take a copy of the Doe sketch. Someone might recognize it even after all these years

Great idea. Never even thought of that. Thank you!

Be sure and ask them if there are any old timers around that might recognize the picture. Be sure and connect with the Human Resources Director, and explain your story. Tell him/her there are lots and lots of people online trying to help you, and we are counting on their good heart to finally put a name to our dear "Christmas Tree Lady!" What a wonderful holiday gift that would be for all of us....especially you. God Bless!

Searchfortina,

Any update for us? Praying.....

Thank you for your prayers and I apologize for not updating. Unfortunately, one of my foster sisters passed away from a long illness. It’s been pretty sad for our family (my foster family). I have just gotten back to work this week so I am planning on traveling to Quincy Police Department and The City of Quincy’s Clerk’s office hopefully next week. I hope to find out any information on her as possible.

I did find out that she was never listed at Namus as missing as I called them right before my sister passed. Also, I found that my Aunt Tina was listed as a sibling of “South Boston” in my Uncle Johnny’s obituary dated in “August” 1996. I now have a copy of the obituary.

Our Jane Doe “Christmas Tree Lady” was found in December 1996 so it is very possible that this is not my aunt or that my uncle’s obituary mentioned her even if she was missing at the time. I’m not sure. I am still apt to believe the later (sp?) as my mom told me that my Aunt Tina worked at Quincy City Hospital before she went missing. I assume my dad “Richard King”, who had also been missing for years at the time, wrote the obituary and maybe didn’t know that she was missing at the time. We subsequently found my dad around 1999 living in Rhode Island. That is when we found out that he had been taking care of my Uncle Johnny previously. My dad passed in year 2001. My Aunt Tina was not listed as a sibling in his obituary so maybe his new wife did not know about Tina or maybe she knew Tina was missing at he time? That is why I assume it was my dad that wrote my Uncle Johhny's obituary. I wish I had known then if he knew anything about my Aunt Tina being missing. He never mentioned it to us as far as I can remember or maybe it just went over my head as I was younger then.

Please keep trying to find out who our Christmas Tree Lady is, if possible at this time, as it could be someone other than my Aunt. I am still trying to put the puzzle together. I just know the picture of this lady, on the Namus website, looks just like her as far as I remember her as a child. I need to get ready for work. I will be in touch. Thank you all so very much.

We're not giving up on our Christmas Tree Lady, and we're not giving up on you Search for Tina! I'm doubling down on prayers and asking for the angels to intervene and guide us to answers! Christmas time is a time of miracles. Perhaps we'll get our answer this year? God Bless, and keep the faith!

Thank you for your prayers and I apologize for not updating. Unfortunately, one of my foster sisters passed away from a long illness. It’s been pretty sad for our family (my foster family). I have just gotten back to work this week so I am planning on traveling to Quincy Police Department and The City of Quincy’s Clerk’s office hopefully next week. I hope to find out any information on her as possible.

I did find out that she was never listed at Namus as missing as I called them right before my sister passed. Also, I found that my Aunt Tina was listed as a sibling of “South Boston” in my Uncle Johnny’s obituary dated in “August” 1996. I now have a copy of the obituary.

Our Jane Doe “Christmas Tree Lady” was found in December 1996 so it is very possible that this is not my aunt or that my uncle’s obituary mentioned her even if she was missing at the time. I’m not sure. I am still apt to believe the later (sp?) as my mom told me that my Aunt Tina worked at Quincy City Hospital before she went missing. I assume my dad “Richard King”, who had also been missing for years at the time, wrote the obituary and maybe didn’t know that she was missing at the time. We subsequently found my dad around 1999 living in Rhode Island. That is when we found out that he had been taking care of my Uncle Johnny previously. My dad passed in year 2001. My Aunt Tina was not listed as a sibling in his obituary so maybe his new wife did not know about Tina or maybe she knew Tina was missing at he time? That is why I assume it was my dad that wrote my Uncle Johhny's obituary. I wish I had known then if he knew anything about my Aunt Tina being missing. He never mentioned it to us as far as I can remember or maybe it just went over my head as I was younger then.

Please keep trying to find out who our Christmas Tree Lady is, if possible at this time, as it could be someone other than my Aunt. I am still trying to put the puzzle together. I just know the picture of this lady, on the Namus website, looks just like her as far as I remember her as a child. I need to get ready for work. I will be in touch. Thank you all so very much.

So sorry for the loss of your (foster) sister. Lost my dad to terminal cancer; even though we knew he was terminal; it was still a huge shock as the doctor kept telling us he could go on for another year which contradicted what he wrote in his file where he gave him weeks.

Don't read too much into the obituaries. A lot of people include missing people in obituaries because they do not know why the person is missing and if alive or deceased. Possible your dads wife didn't know about aunt Tina so didn't include her in his.

Have you listed aunt Tina in NamUs yet?

So sorry for the loss of your (foster) sister. Lost my dad to terminal cancer; even though we knew he was terminal; it was still a huge shock as the doctor kept telling us he could go on for another year which contradicted what he wrote in his file where he gave him weeks.

Don't read too much into the obituaries. A lot of people include missing people in obituaries because they do not know why the person is missing and if alive or deceased. Possible your dads wife didn't know about aunt Tina so didn't include her in his.

Have you listed aunt Tina in NamUs yet?

That is what I am thinking also. As a matter of fact, she had seven brothers and sisters and in both cases, most were not listed in the two obituaries that I have.

I am so very sorry for your loss of your dad.

No I have not listed her yet. The gentlemen that I spoke to at Namus suggested I try Quincy first (police, clerk of courts, etc.). That is why I am trying to get to Quincy soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519