VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
shadowangel said:
I was thinking maybe the note was from friends who were supposed to meet him at the concert but didn't make it. Doe Network states that the un-id'd got the tickets from a guy from PA...it doesn't say if the tickets were sold in PA or elsewhere (maybe at the concert). However, as I read the note it makes more sense that all the tickets (or a large number) may have been sold to a group of friends.
From doenetwork:

The tickets found in the victim's pocket were traced to a Pennsylvania man who brought 20 tickets with him to the concert

That makes me think that the man brought the tickets with him to the concert and sold them there outside the concert
. If the two girls who signed the note were friends that were suppose to meet him there, how would he have gotten the note from them? I was thinking maybe he hooked up with some people and they hitchhiked from the concert into VA...maybe they camped or stayed in a hotel and the girls left while he was asleep or out and left him the note, because it says "sorry we had to go" like they left him.

Guess I need to read a little closer next time!:doh:

Anyway, it still could have been a group supposed to meet there, maybe some of the friends made it to the concert except these two, who gave one of the other friends a note to give to "Jason"

PrayersForMaura said:
so was the note to him, and was his name Jason?

Maybe someone hurt him at the concert? :(

It is not believed that he was hurt at the concert.
No one knows if the note was to him or just something he picked up somewhere... but I have contacted Caroline Thomas. She is one of the founders of a group of kids that followed the Grateful Dead that were drug and alcohol free called the WharfRats. She is sending out my message to all the DeadHeads they she is still in contact with these days.

Per the investigating LE they were sold outside the gate at the concert and of course the guy remembers nothing. Go figure.

lady-eowyn said:
From doenetwork:

The tickets found in the victim's pocket were traced to a Pennsylvania man who brought 20 tickets with him to the concert

That makes me think that the man brought the tickets with him to the concert and sold them there outside the concert
. If the two girls who signed the note were friends that were suppose to meet him there, how would he have gotten the note from them? I was thinking maybe he hooked up with some people and they hitchhiked from the concert into VA...maybe they camped or stayed in a hotel and the girls left while he was asleep or out and left him the note, because it says "sorry we had to go" like they left him.

This doenetwork person in not a match, his teeth were in terrible shape and the unidentified had perfect teeth. Dna has been tested also on them. No match!
Sam said:
The age is a little off, but some definite similarites.

The accident took place on west highway 58 heading into Emporia and heading right towards I-95, therefore it is unknown as to whether he was trying to go north or south.
lady-eowyn said:
that is a good match shadow!!

As far as the 914 prefix goes..here is a list of all places with 914 as a prefix...

http://www.fonefinder.net/findome.php?npa=&nxx=914&usaquerytype=Search+by+Number&cityname=

One that stood out particularly to me was Chester, VA, which is south of Richmond. If these people were on their way back from a concert in DC they would have went through this area on I-95 before they got to Greensville County, which is where the accident took place.

shadowangel said:
Here's one possible match from the Doe Network: Case# 1043DMUT (sorry, couldn't get the link to work)
The age is a little off, but that really might not mean anything....Doe Network lists his height as 5'6", the website lists 5'8 to 5'10

Okay, here's the link http://doenetwork.us/cases/1043dmut.html

This boy could be the one in this thread. The link above says he was 5' 11"
and weighed 160 lbs. The boy in the above link disappeared in April but he could have been following the band around for 2 months before he was murdered.

That note sounds like he had been with the two females and then they had to leave. The drawing of the boy doesn't say how old they thought he was. The boy in the above link was 24 yrs I believe. The boy in the above links middle name is Jason. I won't be surprised if they are one and the same boy.

The family does have a website. Will someone email them and let them know about this boy possibly being their Jason? The family website is one the link listed above...the doenetwork.

trying2id said:
This doenetwork person in not a match, his teeth were in terrible shape and the unidentified had perfect teeth. Dna has been tested also on them. No match!
I am glad it was tested trying2id. Is there any other information on this "Jason Doe"?
It would have been nice, but too easy if it had been the young man from Utah. Even shared the correct name (if the not JD had with him was to him).

trying2id--did they call ALL the numbers that matched the one on the slip of paper he had with him? All the area codes?

Someone has to know this boy! Or know the two Carolines!.....

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the post, I will pass it around to the right communities who
can help on it as well..

I sure hope we can identify who the two Carolines are, and why they
would not stay to help LE explain what may have happend to him, even
if it happened to be an accidental overdose.

I hope these girls who were "supposedly" there and left a note (names could be a cover up, why leave your last name inital on this note for sake of being recognized for being with him at that time.

I sure hope with this case re-circulated to the public, that someone will step forward and report "anything" they may know to LE and help try and bring closure to a famly missing a son.

Have a good night~

trying2id said:
The accident took place on west highway 58 heading into Emporia and heading right towards I-95, therefore it is unknown as to whether he was trying to go north or south.
trying...I surmised that they were going south because on the doenetwork site it said:

The identified driver apparently fell asleep at the wheel on his way back to South Carolina.

So if the identified driver of the van was on his way back to SC then it would make sense that they were going south.

I also thought that since the concert was in DC and the accident was south of Richmond that it made sense that he was going south...is it known which way they were headed on Hwy 58? I know it says the accident happened west of Emporia (which is just off I-95), but nothing I have read indicates if they were headed east or west on 58

babydust2004 said:
http://www.marylandmissing.com/pages/24/index.htm

anyone think the man with the baseball cap under Anne Arundel looks similiar to this person?it says click picture for more info but does not work,so I have no idea when this person disappeared or his stats.could be a long shot but just trying to help.
Here is a link with more information. This guys name is James.

http://http://www.aacounty.org/Police/MissingPersons/cole.cfm

ETA: I do find it interesting that there is NOTHING when you search for this guy online.

I dont know why the link didn't post for me but yes that is the site I found. I found it very odd that there was no date on it as well. When you search his name in Google you don't come up with hardly anything. For some reason that struck me as odd.

If the missing date of this is in range,I think could be a possibility as a person my not have ID if they have just walked off from their past life and wanted a new identity,which says to me also they might pick a new name that could possibly be close to their real name Jason-James?

.[/QUOTEIt is not believed that he was hurt at the concert.
No one knows if the note was to him or just something he picked up somewhere... but I have contacted Caroline Thomas. She is one of the founders of a group of kids that followed the Grateful Dead that were drug and alcohol free called the WharfRats. She is sending out my message to all the DeadHeads they she is still in contact with these days.[/QUOTE]

And presumably she's not the Caroline T from the note??

KrazyKollector said:
Did anyone ever trace out the tele number? Even without the area code, it can be traced. Time consuming, but doable, expensive to call all the possibles, but doable.

Someone knows this boy and it would be a step to see if he was following the Greatful Dead if we knew where the Dead went after that concert. It would either confirm or eliminate something.
It shoudn't be that difficult to see where the Dead went after that, becase Jerry Garcia passed away less than 2 months later. However, the only 2 specific dates I was able to find after that were Deer creek, July 2, 1995, and Soldier Field, 7/8/95. WS must have a couple of Deadicated Deadheads around who can answer this, right?

lady-eowyn said:
trying...I surmised that they were going south because on the doenetwork site it said:

The identified driver apparently fell asleep at the wheel on his way back to South Carolina.

So if the identified driver of the van was on his way back to SC then it would make sense that they were going south.

I also thought that since the concert was in DC and the accident was south of Richmond that it made sense that he was going south...is it known which way they were headed on Hwy 58? I know it says the accident happened west of Emporia (which is just off I-95), but nothing I have read indicates if they were headed east or west on 58
Duh :doh:...I just re-read tryings post at the top of the page and it says they were heading toward 1-95

This isn't Jack Simmons - been ruled out. Not James Cole either - he went missing in 1999 I believe.

The young boy is most likely from the Baltimore, MD, area. He bought the tickets outside of Harford County, MD (which is right outside of Baltimore) and he went to a DC concert. I've spoken with someone who knows the mother of the other boy killed in the crash. The boy was apparently picked up outside of DC, and the mother suspects he might have been from that area since he purchased tickets in PA, where there was no GD concert.

There was a post on an internet forum awhile back that was being looked into. A woman posted she hadn't seen her brother "Jason" in ten years and the physical description was similar. The woman was in Baltimore, MD. I don't know what happened with that.

The sad truth about this, is most likely no one is missing him. Authories I've talked to tend to believe this. This child has been on AMW, Unsolved Mysteries, and numerous other shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500