VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystic,

I have a question about his teeth, too. "No restorations" doesn't necessarily mean "perfect teeth." It just means no fillings or evidence of orthodontia. Yet the news reports generally mention that he had perfect teeth.

My sister has never had a filling and has never had braces, yet her teeth are far from perfect.

I wish I could figure out if he had "perfect" teeth.

Mystic,

I have a question about his teeth, too. "No restorations" doesn't necessarily mean "perfect teeth." It just means no fillings or evidence of orthodontia. Yet the news reports generally mention that he had perfect teeth.

My sister has never had a filling and has never had braces, yet her teeth are far from perfect.

I wish I could figure out if he had "perfect" teeth.

The teeth in the composite looked pretty good to me. Even with the massive head trauma, if investigators could tell he hadn't had orthodontic work, wouldn't they also have a good sense of whether his teeth were straight, how white they were, etc.?

The teeth in the composite looked pretty good to me. Even with the massive head trauma, if investigators could tell he hadn't had orthodontic work, wouldn't they also have a good sense of whether his teeth were straight, how white they were, etc.?

It is my impression that they did a very through job examining Jason Doe. I believe that not only were his teeth examined but also x rayed too. I wonder if his lack of orthodontic was from good genes and dental car thus creating no need for it.

Faint veining pattern over the right upper arm resembling a faint tattoo. https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6095

Tried to make it more visible for everyone to see. And wonder if the markings could be the fainting of permanent marker?

There are comments and information where I found this posted on the Grateful Doe Facebook site. https://www.facebook.com/GratefulDo...0.1396416837./442425892497703/?type=3&theater. There are ideas of what it could be. I have no idea.
picture.php

Any Ideas?

Don't know if freckles count but I notice he has one in the middle of his shoulder too.

Permanent marker, Henna tattoos, tattoo removal (some of our rule outs due to right arm tat's should be reexamined), an old childhood injury that was not cleaned properly (dirt, rocks, debris under skin and it looks larger and spread out because he grew). IMOO

I would agree with you had this been a homemade shirt. This however is a mass produced t-shirt for a concert. It was probably hanging next to a dozen others that looked just like it in different sizes for the masses. My guess is most of the shirts that had this picture on it were the same colored tie dyed t-shirts mass produced with this grateful dead tour picture on it.

picture.php

This is another 2 pictures of the shirt i found. Another that was sold on ebay. And some girl wearing her "Revamped" Dead tshirt from 95. Same as Grateful Jason Doe

Thanks mystic. You are correct, shirts were mass produced. The process included batching out shirts for dying, then silk screening them all in one location. So you could have several different dyers working on shirts. In my experience, part of buying a shirt was they were in a way unique (at least to the touch-head buyer). They often varied the dye color because people want to feel like they were buying something one of a kind and because people have different tastes in colors. And if the goal is to mass sell them, when people buy in groups, no one wants to look the same...LOL. IMOO.

Sorry to jump in with this random thought, but would it be possible to find some of Jason's relatives using the genetic tests available through 23andMe or Ancestry? I recently read that Paul Fronczak (mysterious baby identity case) has recently found a couple of relatives through this type of testing. I think it's only $99.

Yes, they would. Reconstructions don't always show the teeth correctly, though. I've seen numerous computer reconstructions showing great teeth on a UID mor MP when the pictures show otherwise.

Something is keeping us from identifying this guy, there is an error or missing piece in all of this. That is why I've gone back to source documents, taken notes, and then moved on to media documents to take notes. I've found some inconsistancies, and this is the largest.

Rainwater here-I haven't posted for a few days because was busy with other things.

I was in contact with a member of Shawn's family. Here is why I do not think Jason is Shawn. The height difference is too great .Shawn's height is listed, as was confirmed by family at being 72 inches- 6 feet tall and possibly 6 ft 1 inch. Jason is listed as being 68 inches on his NAMUS 6095 page-too short for Shawn, unless the measurements for Jason are way, way off.
I can say that Shawn was a Grateful Dead fan in the early 1990's. His family member stated that Shawn is definitely what is referred to as a "free spirit" type. I agree with those posters who think that something is way way off about Jason's description to have gone unidentified for so long. I am still trying to figure out how they got from blond-red hair and blue eyes to brown hair/brown eyes. IMHO the second reconstruction is what I am calling the "high school jock" look-hair brushed back,cleancut, athletic looking.
Is anyone computer savvy enough to do a third reconstruction- taking the bone structure of Jason's face and giving him a Kurt Cobain hairstyle/sideburns etc. I think both current reconstructions are way off of what Jason's face looked like, and that is why he has been unnamed for so long.

I will email Shawn's family member who contacted me and ask that person to take a look at this thread again.

As far as differences in the T-shirt dye colors, from my tie dye days, I seem to recall that as the dye was used and there was less in the container, the lighter the color was on the shirt. What started out as bright red might, for the last shirts, become more of a pink-red- as there was less dye to saturate the material. And just for the record, smoking banana peels doesn't work. :)

Mystic, keep in mind that from the nose up on Jason Doe is pretty much conjecture. His facial damage was extensive.

It looks like Shawn has a cleft chin, but I can't really tell because of the beard. I've talked to Rainwater re: DNA for Shawn, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post about that because we discussed it in PMs. I really urge you to contact her as she knows this family extremely well.

<Mod Snip>

IMHO, it looks like this was drawn on with Sharpie marker. Get bored ,drunk, high, or any combination thereof, or in a silly mood, and with a Sharpie you can get very creative. Or the person you are with can draw on you.

You can also take the classic ballpoint pen, pull out the ink tube, and slice the tube open with a razor blade. Heat a needle in a candle flame, pierce the skin, dip needle in ink, and insert under the skin. The ink tattoo would last about a year.

IMHO, it looks like this was drawn on with Sharpie marker. Get bored ,drunk, high, or any combination thereof, or in a silly mood, and with a Sharpie you can get very creative. Or the person you are with can draw on you.

You can also take the classic ballpoint pen, pull out the ink tube, and slice the tube open with a razor blade. Heat a needle in a candle flame, pierce the skin, dip needle in ink, and insert under the skin. The ink tattoo would last about a year.

Maybe one of the girls at the show flirtatiously drew it on him?
Otherwise if it is a real tattoo could it be of an arm bone?

I think it is drawn with a Sharpie, but JMO. It does look like some sort of cutesy cartoon animal that a girl would draw on a guy she is flirting with. If you look down near the ruler on the right side, you can see a gently curved ear and it looks like a more faded ear on the left. Is there a way to use Photoshop to enhance the lines even more; the way Shawn Hale's face was superimposed over Jason's reconstructed face #2 using red lines?

Someone suggested a bear. Maybe it's a mongoose, squirrel, fox, weasel? I'm racking my brain trying to think of other animals with gently curved ears. I flipped the computer upside down to look at it from another angle. It doesn't really look like the GD skull.

BTW I will submit both James Cary Smith and Shawn Hale's names to the medical examiner this week if it's OK with everyone. I think Shawn 's a long shot due to the height difference, but that super imposition of his face with Jason's face is stunning.

I think it is drawn with a Sharpie, but JMO. It does look like some sort of cutesy cartoon animal that a girl would draw on a guy she is flirting with. If you look down near the ruler on the right side, you can see a gently curved ear and it looks like a more faded ear on the left. Is there a way to use Photoshop to enhance the lines even more; the way Shawn Hale's face was superimposed over Jason's reconstructed face #2 using red lines?

Someone suggested a bear. Maybe it's a mongoose, squirrel, fox, weasel? I'm racking my brain trying to think of other animals with gently curved ears. I flipped the computer upside down to look at it from another angle. It doesn't really look like the GD skull.

BTW I will submit both James Cary Smith and Shawn Hale's names to the medical examiner this week if it's OK with everyone. I think Shawn 's a long shot due to the height difference, but that super imposition of his face with Jason's face is stunning.

I did my best sharpening up the possible tattoo/sharpie marker. I also have drawn the bear I think you all see. Not sure though. Its a large picture I hope it fits.

The adding of Kurt Cobain hair and those side burns to Jason Grateful Doe isn't as easy as Id hoped. I'll keep working on it.

Hopefully James or Shawn could be doe. If not, we are two people closer to eliminating the possibilities. I think that is good for all families involved.

For instance if James or Shawn come to be negative results, my next thought of who it might be would Michael Lloyd Johnson. He was 10m when he went missing in Nov. 1974. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6234/1/ His case details are interesting. With it possible that he was given away or sold. Which ever, the chances are, Michael's name was changed. Possibly to Jason? Also the family who bought or took a baby might not come forward to claim his body. I looked for age progressed pictures of Michael Lloyd Johnson, unfortunately there is not one of him younger than 30. And to be honest the one of him 30 looks like hes old than the one when hes 37. His chin also changes. He does look like he could have similarities. I wonder where they have an age progressed picture of Michael in his teens or early twenties? I was unable to find any. He would have been 21 when Jason Doe was in that fatal accident.

Someone contacted me on FB this afternoon. There is another group also working on Jason, and the FB group leader (Lesha) designed a fantastic retroactive "virtual invitation "to the 1995 RFK concerts. The purpose is to post the invitation on your FB page and forward it to your FB friends, so that Jason's story and faces can be spread to even more people. They have added a third reconstruction of Jason's face to the invite, with brown, shoulder-length, curly hair. If you click that you will "attend " the concert, you can send the "invite " to others.When you send the invite make sure your FB setting is on "public". Here is the Facebook page title:

1995 Grateful dead fans @Rfk stadium Were you there??? Plz join
Once you are on the FB page, scroll down to see Lesha's poster with the long-haired Jason.

link from same FB to blue bear mascot posing with 2 men
http://www.flickr.com/photos/toddwickersty/2792713098/
Grateful Dead / 6.24-25.95 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
There is also a discussion that the tattoo might be one of the characters from "The Lion King".

Lesha has given permission to post this info and the links-we can all work together to give Jason back his name.

However I did find that DOE had TEMPORARY red hair dye in his hair. That was already coming out at the time of his death, that some of his hair looked pink in some places. That could be the reason for the color change in the shirt. Question is when did he dye his hair? Someone at the concert dye it? And if he did buy this shirt at the concert where the heck did his other shirt go? If both of them were ejected from the car, did they search the area for maybe a backpack belonging to Doe? Was everything in the van the drivers? I would think if he had been following the dead for sometime he would have carried a sleeping bag and/or a change of clothing, and with his good teeth a Toothbrush.

Respectfully snipped and BBM.

Henna is/was popular amongst deadheads and hippies. It gave a 4-10 week red to brown auburn hair color. His hair looks henna dyed. The pink tinge could actually come from blood. Especially if he was a massive head/face trauma. Pretty hard to get it out of hair...

I honestly think some of Jason's stuff needed up going home with the family of the driver. I can't imagine Jason traveling with zero, zilch, nothing. Not even a sweat shirt. Whether or not the family unknowingly claimed Jason's stuff or not, is another question.

Do we know what the driver looked liked or have pictures of him? Any chance the bodies, as mangled as they were got misidentified? Just curious...

I know the date missing is off on this...But by the time people report they forget the exact date...And with so many rule outs..I worry we are overlooking potentially id'ing due to date and other unexact information...With that said...

Peter McColl, reported as missing Aug 95..Nickname of Rainbow, played guitar, brown curly hair, blue eyes...sounds like family thinks he took off on his own...

RxPCT.jpg

Classito

Rainbow has been brought up before; I think that no one submitted him because of his eye colour, the reported date of disappearance, and the fact that both have DNA on file.

Obviously something is going on with this case:

1) Error with the VA reporting
2) Error (possibly purposeful) with the missing person report
3) No missing person report

Obviously something is going on with this case:

1) Error with the VA reporting
2) Error (possibly purposeful) with the missing person report
3) No missing person report

What would motivate someone to deliberately file a wrong missing person report?

What would motivate someone to deliberately file a wrong missing person report?

Pride...For example embarrassed about not knowing the exact date their loved one was last seen so they make one up...

I wonder if the DNA's were actually compared or if Peter was automatically ruled out of comparison due to the date of reported missing...

The family has checked with cults, rainbow people, etc looking for Peter. This tells me they believe he left on his own accord. Also as a guitarist, a Grateful Dead concert would not be out of character for Peter. I surely hope someone will at least take a look at Peter as a potential match

Classito

Peter may have a tattoo of a skull on his upper left arm...I wonder if that faint (possible temporary) 'tattoo' on the UID was once a skull...

Classito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member