VA VA - Robert Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

I don't see the connection to MD- can you enlighten us?

I did the research suggested by TheBigEye. There is definitely a LaPlata connection with a surname associated with this case.

On criminal public records, public record search, found Daniel Fennell had a drug charge for possession with the intent to distribute from 2011 (and marijuana conviction from 2009)! Plead guilty, 2012. I see some support for the alleged drug meet up now.

Still missing huh?

Did the police ever say why he was meeting with Fennell? I can't seem to find an article stating anything but that Rob was planning on seeing him.

I haven't read this whole thread, so pardon me if I missed it, but has anyone thought Jesse Mathews may have been involved. Seeing that it started around Palmyra VA, and even possible sightings of his vehicle in Cville, I would wonder if JM may be worth looking at.

I haven't read this whole thread, so pardon me if I missed it, but has anyone thought Jesse Mathews may have been involved. Seeing that it started around Palmyra VA, and even possible sightings of his vehicle in Cville, I would wonder if JM may be worth looking at.

Well, from what I recall, Matthew was only linked to crimes involving young women. His thing seemed to be raping and killing young women, so Hourihan doesn't fit that profile. But I hope the investigators looked into the possibility. He's now serving four life sentences with no possibility of parole, so he has no incentive to talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been several men missing from that area. It is possible that JM abducted and killed individuals from both sexes. Dashad Smith from Charlottesville has been missing for several years. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/29782/0/

Here is a websleuths page of a body identified in Scottsville two years ago. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...etal-in-creek-near-Rte-20-Aug-15-John-Cromley

I wonder if Robert was outgoing. I wonder if tried to help someone else out and mistakenly fall for a ruse? Would he have given a stranded driver a ride? I just have to wonder how these situations occur. I pray that Virginia police find the person responsible for all these murders in VA.

Quick post. I looked into what TheBigEye stated. James Fennell may have a connection to MD, but I'm not sure if it's the same guy.. did a little digging.

If you search James E Fennell on the website TBE is referring to, you find a James from Palmyra, VA that is linked to a Timothy Fennell along with other Fennels... further down, you see another James E Fennell from La Plata, MD also linked to Timothy Fennell and a few others that the other James is linked to, but not all. I'm not sure if this is the same guy or not.

Did more digging. Found this website http://www.city-data.com/charles-county-md/H/Hawthorne-Road-18.html
It lists two properties in MD. One is owned by James + Susan Fennell, bought recently. The other property is on the same road and was sold by a James Fennell in 2001. I found that a James E Funnel Sr died in 2001 in that area, so I'm assuming this was his home that was sold after his death. Here is his findagrave entry with a snippet of his obituary https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/...y=2001&GSdyrel=in&GSob=n&GRid=5498657&df=all&

The obituary does not mention a Daniel Fennell at all. It does mention a James E Fennell JR though. I'm wondering if this guy that shot his brother is the same guy?

Also, those two properties are a 5 minute driving distance from the Target where Robert's car was abandoned.

I also found the deceased James SR's Estate Record. http://registers.maryland.gov/rownetweb/estates/frmDocketImages.aspx?src=jis&RecordId=282571080

Note: Personal Reps: JAMES EDWARD FENNELL JR. [337 SOUTH CAROLINA AVENUE, BOONSVILLE, NC 27011]

This is saying that this James is located in NC.. so unless the James that shot his brother lived in NC around 2001, it may not be the same guy. And as far as I can tell, the guy still lives there.
http://www.ustaxdata.com/nc/yadkin/...1504&parcelID=127127&groupParcel=499011665070

But it says he shares that property with a Nancy, while the other is with a Susan.

Very confusing.

Almost seven years and no sign of this guy?

Robert Lee Hourihan – The Charley Project

robert_lee_hourihan_1.jpg
robert_lee_hourihan_2.jpg
robert_lee_hourihan_3.jpg
robert_lee_hourihan_4.jpg

Robert Lee Hourihan

Missing Since 04/08/2011
Missing From Palmyra, Virginia
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Male
Race White
Age 33 years old
Height and Weight 5'8 - 5'11, 215 - 250 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description A work uniform consisting of navy blue pants, a plain gray pocket t-shirt, a brown work shirt with his nickname "Rob" stitched on it, and boots.
Medical Conditions Hourihan suffers from a serious heart condition requiring daily medication. If he misses even one dose, he will have symptoms including cold sweats, vomiting and a severe headache. His condition will become life-threatening if he goes a week without his medicine. Hourihan left his medicine behind and has never refilled his prescription.
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Hourihan has a beard. His nickname is Rob.

Details of Disappearance
Hourihan was last seen in Palmyra, Virginia on April 8, 2011. On the day of his disappearance he put on his work uniform and left at 6:30 a.m. as if to go to work at his electrician job in Richmond, Virginia. He wasn't scheduled to work that day, something his wife was unaware of.

Instead of going to work, Hourihan drove northwest on Route 53. He had breakfast at the E.W. Thomas Grocery Store in Palmyra at 8:00 a.m.; he had previously worked at the business and was well-known there as a result. This is the last time anyone saw him; he has never been heard from again.

On May 28, a month and a half after his disappearance, his white 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier with a vanity license plate reading "TARA MAE" was found parked on the edge of the parking lot of a Target store in La Plata, Maryland. Hourihan's valuable electrician's tools were still inside it and there was no evidence of a crime.

Hourihan had been married for nearly thirteen years prior to his disappearance, and has one child. His wife believes he was murdered, as she doesn't think he would have abandoned their daughter.

She doesn't believe he was being unfaithful or was involved with drugs, and describes their relationship as a close and loving one. She stated they don't know anyone in Maryland and she doesn't know why Hourihan might have traveled there. His case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.

His NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I vacillate on this one between voluntary missing (90%) and in the water somewhere (10%)

Investigation continues into the suspicious disappearance of Virginia man missing for 10 years

April 17, 2021
An entire decade has passed since a devoted husband and father disappeared in Virginia. His daughter was only six years old at the time. In the 10 years he’s been gone, he’s missed countless birthdays, holidays, and milestones.

His wife, Tara, left heartbroken over her husband’s disappearance, told Dateline she was even more heartbroken over their daughter's loss.

Ten years have passed since Tara last laid eyes on her husband. Their daughter is now 16 years old. But Tara continues to pray for answers so she can finally have closure for her family.

•morning of April 8, 2011, Robert left for work in his wife’s car.
•when he didn’t show up at home that evening, his wife filed a MP report
•According to Major David Wells, an investigation revealed that Robert had been seen later that morning at the EW Thomas Grocery in Palmyra, Virginia at approximately 8 a.m.
•his last cell phone call was at 7:41 a.m., also in Palmyra
•Palmyra is opposite direction from where Robert works.
•the investigation also revealed that Robert had not been scheduled to work the day he vanished and instead was supposed to meet with a male acquaintance
•he never made it to that meeting
•the car he was driving was found abandoned in a Target parking lot in La Plata, Maryland, more than 100 miles away
•some of his belongings, including his work tools and his work shirt, were inside the vehicle, but his cell phone was missing
•there’s hours of camera footage of the car in the parking lot, however the footage of it being parked there had already been recorded over
•foul play is suspected and LE believes the person or persons involved were known acquaintances of Robert’s
•LE believe multiple parties were involved and have knowledge of what happened

Anyone with information about Robert’s case is urged to contact Major David Wells at the Fluvanna County Sheriff’s Office at (434) 589-8211.

I am not sure this has been discussed but the thing that stood out to me is that he has many (27) criminal/traffic infractions! As I looked through they were only traffic and seat belt and fishing, etc ...I'm talking a bunch of nit picking in a very short amount of time . MOO! Which leads me to an inside job unfortunately. It really is all too common.

“His daughter was his whole world,” Tara said. “He would never, ever leave her. He wouldn’t just not come home.”

Tara filed a missing persons report and an investigation was launched by the Fluvanna County Sheriff’s Office. According to Major David Wells, an investigation revealed that Robert had been seen later that morning at the EW Thomas Grocery in Palmyra, Virginia at approximately 8 a.m. His last cell phone call was at 7:41 a.m., also in Palmyra.

What baffled Tara learning that, was that Palmyra is the opposite direction from her husband’s work in Richmond. Further investigation revealed that Robert had not been scheduled to work the day he vanished and instead was supposed to meet with a male acquaintance, but according to Major Wells, the investigation revealed he never made it to that meeting.

“We believe multiple parties were involved and have knowledge of what happened,” Major Wells said. “Someone out there knows something and the information could be the missing piece to the puzzle we need to put this together and figure out what happened to Rob. We’re hoping now that such much time has passed, someone will come forward.”
Investigation continues into the suspicious disappearance of Virginia man missing for 10 years

Reward offered for information into Robert Hourihan's disappearance

Aug 31, 2021
A reward is now being offered for information regarding the disappearance of Robert Hourihan 10 years ago.

According to the Fluvanna County Sheriff's Office, Hourihan's parents have now posted a cash reward of up to $20,000 for information that leads to the recovery of his remains and/or that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for his disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiRi224
Back