Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't HLN have anyone pro-prosecution on instead of all defense attorneys and Jean C ???

Umm... All the good prosecutors are at work in a courtroom or prepping for a case?!? :blushing:

Okay, so they jury will come back with a decision. Let us say it is guilty. Will that come with 1st, 2nd or manslaughter TODAY? Or just GUILTY, then the 1,2 or manslaughter comes at the penalty phase? I don't know if that makes sense to y'all. What I would like to hear today is, "We the jury, find Jodi Ann Arias is found Gulity of 1 degree murder". Is that how it will go down?

It will be read as follow:
Murder in the 1 degree guilty/not gulty
If not guilty, they move to Murder in the second degree guilty/not guilty
In the penalty phase if it's murder in the first degree, we'll have a mini trial so that the jury can decide if the murder was cruel or not. If they say it wasn't cruel, JA will get LWOP. If it was cruel JA will present her case as to why they should save her life. If they disagree, she gets DP.

If it's second degree, the judge will sentence her from anything from 10 years to 22 years. She has already served five years so 5-17 basically. If it's manslaughter, it's 7 to 21 years which in JA case will be 2 - 16 beause of time served.

I'm from Scotland. Hello!

I would like you both (and anyone from Ireland..love that accent too) to call me every hour on the hour to talk to me, even if its just to read to me from the back of a ketchup bottle. Your accents are so soothing....I need that right now.

This just came in on Twitter. Could it be true?????????

@JodiNewsUpdates Jodi is in the courthouse waiting for the verdict! Lets pray for murder 1!

That is true, she has been in the building in a holding cell all day.

Ditto here 70 miles south of the border. Watching bank holiday evening tv to pass the time, ipad in hand and trying not to doze off on the comfiest sofa in england :)

Can I ask what bank holiday evening tv is?

Some "light" reading, while we wait... Excerpts from Juan's literary references, closing arguments:

John Donne, Meditation XVII

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

Why doesn't HLN have anyone pro-prosecution on instead of all defense attorneys and Jean C ???

They want to get viewers all emotional and remind them constantly of CA's not-guilty verdict because it's sensational and hooks in viewers.

This just came in on Twitter. Could it be true?????????

@JodiNewsUpdates Jodi is in the courthouse waiting for the verdict! Lets pray for murder 1!

Doesn't mean anything. They will probably bring her over from Estrella jail every day until a verdict comes down. She's probably being kept in a detention cell at the courthouse.

We will know when the jury has reached a verdict about the same time as the lawyers, who will be summoned to the courthouse.

Maybe I'm mean, I dunno, but it would be great if we had livestream of Jodi sitting waiting in her holding cell for the verdict to come in. Do you think she's doing any headstands?

Ditto here 70 miles south of the border. Watching bank holiday evening tv to pass the time, ipad in hand and trying not to doze off on the comfiest sofa in england :)

I`m quite close to you....Teesside.....sat with DS and DH watching Sunderland play :banghead: I hate football!

But they not bothering me so I can sit glued to my laptop with no interuptions......yay!

Hi Fudge :seeya: Quite a few Scots here to see justice done for Travis.

Umm... All the good prosecutors are at work in a courtroom or prepping for a case?!? :blushing:
Many defense lawyers are former prosecutors. I'd be happy if one of the THs demonstrated that he or she had a handle on the facts of this case. So quick to criticize and comment--which is fine--but do so in the proper context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movalee