Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: Im sitting in the dark. Its 9:15 pm in Scotland. Everyone else is in bed. And Im :panic: that I'm gonna fall asleep and miss a verdict lol

:seeya: I`ve had 2 glasses of wine......anymore and I would be asleep too...........so I`m on coffee now.

Probably be a late one.....so I don`t miss anything.

Checking in from work. Hoping we have a verdict by the end of the day.

Allowing it, meaning he didn't punish her for it, and didn't instruct the jury to disregard her testimony. You're a lawyer right?

A judge cannot punish anyone for perjury. That's up to the state prosecutors.

A judge also cannot instruct the jury to disregard the testimony of someone who has committed perjury.

And yes, I'm a lawyer. :)

Okay, so they jury will come back with a decision. Let us say it is guilty. Will that come with 1st, 2nd or manslaughter TODAY? Or just GUILTY, then the 1,2 or manslaughter comes at the penalty phase? I don't know if that makes sense to y'all. What I would like to hear today is, "We the jury, find Jodi Ann Arias Gulity of 1 degree murder". Is that how it will go down?

:seeya: Im sitting in the dark. Its 9:15 pm in Scotland. Everyone else is in bed. And Im :panic: that I'm gonna fall asleep and miss a verdict lol

Ditto here 70 miles south of the border. Watching bank holiday evening tv to pass the time, ipad in hand and trying not to doze off on the comfiest sofa in england :)

I've been sitting here all day and have had really nothing to contribute. But I'm here! Justice is coming!

Why doesn't HLN have anyone pro-prosecution on instead of all defense attorneys and Jean C ???

All we know so far is that the jury, per HLN, came back from lunch a few minutes early to deliberate and that, so far, they have not asked for any information or have any questions that need to be addressed by the court.
I think it bodes well for justice and Travis's family and friends that they came back early. They want to get through this.
I imagine just going through the jury instructions alone took an hour or so.

Thanks, I have had to be off and on today. Imo, good sign jury hasn't asked for testimony readback. Perhaps they're on the same page at this point...

9:15? that is still early!

I have to keep reminding myself that it's only 1:23 pm in AZ, feels like the end of the day here on the east coast... The jury has plenty of time today to reach a verdict, imo

4 hours and they have not asked any questions, is this somehow a good sign?? Say yes please:)

Okay, so they jury will come back with a decision. Let us say it is guilty. Will that come with 1st, 2nd or manslaughter TODAY? Or just GUILTY, then the 1,2 or manslaughter comes at the penalty phase? I don't know if that makes sense to y'all. What I would like to hear today is, "We the jury, find Jodi Ann Arias Gulity of 1 degree murder". Is that how it will go down?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The penalty phase is for the punishment (LWOP, Death Row, etc.)

The jury will decide what charge, if any, she is to be found guilty of first.

This just came in on Twitter. Could it be true?????????

@JodiNewsUpdates Jodi is in the courthouse waiting for the verdict! Lets pray for murder 1!

Okay, so they jury will come back with a decision. Let us say it is guilty. Will that come with 1st, 2nd or manslaughter TODAY? Or just GUILTY, then the 1,2 or manslaughter comes at the penalty phase? I don't know if that makes sense to y'all. What I would like to hear today is, "We the jury, find Jodi Ann Arias Gulity of 1 degree murder". Is that how it will go down?

They will find her guilty (or not) of a specific charge. Penalty phase is strictly to determine the penalty.

RadarLuv said:
9:15? that is still early!
Scotland is on a curfew at the moment though. They all have to be in bed by 9:30 and lights out by 10:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley