WA WA - Cowlitz Co, AmInd/NativeFem 20-29, UP10449, passngr in MVA, scoliosis, May'91

Poss?

Do y’all wanna try my system for easy access to “scoliosis” or any other variant wildcard WS search criteria? I’ve found this formula very useful & I’m willing to help all I can. Copy/paste entire string into Google search bar… don’t click WS Hyperlink showing up below here: we can further narrow these findings but it’s a down and dirty for starters.

site:www.websleuths.com "scoliosis"

I’m surprised so many connections pop up… I have extremely severe scoliosis so I know a lot about the condition. My doc first called me at home years ago and said the only patient he had heard of with my scores was a marathon runner from Kenya.

Last edited:
Ruleouts as of 5 February 2022
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10449

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent. Names added since last update are in bold.

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Emily Ballantyne 1966 Washington
Barbara Cotton 1965 North Dakota
Martha Evans 1957 Oregon
MP9768 Tina Finley 03/07/1988 Benewah ID
Angela Hammond 1971 Missouri
Nguyet Phung 1971 Washington
Kelly Sims 1963 Washington
Barbara Sterbinsky 1959 Washington
MP33197 Andrea White 07/31/1991 Humboldt CA

Barbara Cotton is on the exclusions list.

The semi tractor-trailer was southbound on Interstate 5 along Washington's west side when it rear-ended another semi stopped in traffic near Kalama.
That explosive collision on May 14, 1991, killed two people — the driver of the semi that rear-ended the other and the young Native woman traveling with him. He was identified as 26-year-old Lester Dean Harvel, a long-haul trucker who left Missouri on May 7. But the real name of his unauthorized female passenger, who was severely burned, is still unknown.

Investigators with the Washington State Patrol call her Helen Doe, after Mount St. Helens in the distance. She is among 145 unidentified persons cases in Washington state on the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, known as NamUs. The public database features missing, unidentified and unclaimed persons cases throughout the United States.

Authorities traced Harvel's route using fuel receipts. He left Villa Ridge, Mo., on May 7, 1991. On May 8, he possibly was in Concordia, Mo.. Harvel was in Limon, Colo., on May 9, fueled up in Rock Springs, Wyo., just after noon on May 10 and reached Boise late that day. On May 12, he reached Baker City, Ore., and dropped off his load in Tacoma on May 14. The crash happened mid-afternoon that day, according to information provided by the State Patrol.
Initially buried in an unmarked grave at a cemetery in Cowlitz County, Doe was exhumed in 2014 for her DNA. She was likely a Native woman in her 20s, was 5 feet 1 inches to 5 feet 4 inches tall, is estimated to have weighed around 110 to 130 pounds and had high cheekbones, dark hair, a dark complexion and a gap in her lower front teeth. She had a lot of dental work done. Doe had severe scoliosis and probably walked with a limp.

She was last seen wearing Levis, a gray shirt under a black cowboy vest, a feather earring and several rings.

Helen Doe is at the Cowlitz County Coroner's Office until she is identified and can be returned to her family. DNA, dental records and X-rays are available. Those with information about her case should call the State Patrol's cold case team at 425-401-7740 or email Stacy.Moate@wsp.wa.gov, reference case number 00-004956.

Last edited:
Maybe these two woman could be a match? No mention if they had scoliosis though.

Karen Louise Johnley Wallahee (Namus #MP52233), missing 1987 out of Yakima, Washington.

1666037788647.png

InformationMissing PersonUnidentified PersonMatch?
NameKaren Louise Johnley WallaheeCowlitz County Jane Doe
NAMUS/Case ID#MP52233#UP10449
LocationHarrah, WashingtonCowlitz County near Kalama, Washington~3 hour drive, possible
Date Missing/FoundNovember 7, 1987May 14, 1991~4 year difference
Estimated PMIN/A1991N/A
RaceAmerican IndianAmerican IndianYes
Age28 (32 in 1991)20-29Possibly
Height5'0"5'0"Yes
Weight100115Yes
HairBlackUnknownN/A
EyeBrownUnknownN/A
ClothingPink barrettes in hair, levi demin jacket, pink t-shirt, white tennis shoesBlack cowboy vest, gray top with pink in itN/A
Other Physical FeaturesNone MentionedNone MentionedN/A
AgencyYakama National Tribal Police - (509)-865-2933Washington State Patrol - (360)-596-4000

Karen Dean Evans (#MP17535)- Missing 1980 out of Anchorage, Alaska
1666038360892.png

NameKaren Dean EvanCowlitz County Jane Doe
NAMUS/Case ID#MP17535#UP10449
LocationAnchorage, AlaskaCowlitz County near Kalama, Washington~44 hr drive, unlikely
Date Missing/FoundMay 14th, 1980May 14, 1991~11 year difference, unlikely
Estimated PMIN/A1991N/A
RaceAmerican IndianAmerican IndianYes
Age18 (29 in 1991)20-29Yes
Height5'25'0"Yes
Weight125115Yes
HairBrownUnknownN/A
EyeBrownUnknownN/A
ClothingNone mentionedBlack cowboy vest, gray top with pink in itN/A
Other Physical FeaturesNone mentionedNone MentionedN/A
AgencyAlaska State Troopers (907-269-5058)Washington State Patrol - (360)-596-4000
Notes: Family living in Canada

Wallahee seems a more likely match for me but I still wanted to bring in Evans because her vital statistics also somewhat match. If the truck was heading up to Seattle, WA and continuing into Canada or Alaska I could see why a world in where Evans may have hitch a ride with the trucker. However, she went missing a decade earlier so this is all speculation.

Hm. If he fueled at Rock Springs, she could be from the Wind River Reservation, maybe.
This was exactly my thought. She could also be from the Fort Hall reservation in the Pocatello area. That's on the way from Wind River to Boise. Additionally, the Warm Springs Reservation is close to where you get off 84 to get onto I-5. From there the crash site is only an hour or so. His route took him through or in close proximity to several reservations. It wasn't uncommon for people in Washington to use hitchhiking to get to and from Seattle. Maybe she died close to home.

Last edited:
Has IGG ever been used to identify unidentified indigenous people? I'm not sure what level of record keeping is done on reservations.

Has IGG ever been used to identify unidentified indigenous people? I'm not sure what level of record keeping is done on reservations.
Shirley Soosay (1980 Kern County Jane Doe) was an indigenous (Cree) woman from Alberta Canada who was ID'd using IGG. The public availability of records in the reservations is very sparse. DNA Doe Project was able to narrow it down to the specific reservation using IGG, and then sent targeted facebook ads all over that specific region. A friend of Shirley's niece alerted her to the ad, and she contacted DDP to say she believed KCJD was her aunt.

The non age progressed pic. of the mp looks more like the UID female, imo.
Sharon Baldeagle, Female, American Indian / Alaska Native
Date of Last ContactSeptember 18, 1984
Missing FromEagle Butte, South Dakota
Missing Age12 Years
Original
61f47e6326441.image.png
Did you submit this? Sharon really does look like a Jane Doe.

Andrea Jerri White is listed as missing since July 31, 1991, after the UID's car accident on May 14, 1991. However, very little information is available on her disappearance. It's plausible that she was reported missing on July 31 with a true date of last contact prior to July 31.

The Charley Project: Andrea Jerri White
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/white_andrea.html
Native American female
Missing since July 31, 1991 from Humboldt County, California
Height: 60 in (152.4 cm)
Weight: 115 lb (52.2 kg)
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
White has a five-inch scar on the left side of her temple.

The Doe Network: Case File: Andrea Jerri White - 3068DFCA
3068DFCA - Andrea Jerri White

California Missing Persons Clearinghouse: Andrea Jerri White
http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=1889122631448

I do not find her in NamUs. CMPC reports dental X-rays available.
as per the given date for Andrea, she was supposedly witnessed to have been conversing with or getting into a vehicle so I believe that date was likely fairly accurate if not exact.

I had this long shot that I stumbled across a while back. She's 10 years older than the age estimate, no mention of scoliosis and her hair is described as blonde. Does not look blonde to me but coloring and complexion are hard to tell in a black and white photo. She wasn't reported missing until ten years after she was last seen. She's described as white but I found her on a list of missing indigenous women from Canada, and I thought the facial resemblance was pretty strong.

Too many discrepancies?

Debra Deane Richardson 2330DFMB - Debra Deane Richardson

1704078879424.png

2330DFMB - Debra Deane Richardson.jpg

<SBM>

9 Missing Person Exclusions
Andrea White
Angela Hammond
Barbara Sterbinsky
Barbara Cotton
Emily Ballantyne
Kelly Sims
Martha Evans
Nguyet Phung
Tina Finley

Since the r/o list was last published here 4 years ago, one further ruleout has been added:

MP6759 Esther Valdez

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukeyboy43
Back