Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The waiting for more information is frustrating. Obviously it's frustrating to you folks as well, [modsnip]

I'm leaning towards more than one attack, because it's the simplest explanation for the soiled underwear being separated from the body.

Meanwhile, I thought some of you might find this interesting. I came across it in an unrelated area. It relates to rape fantasies in disturbed individuals.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/maggie-me...de-what-i-found-on-it-made-me-glad-he-did-it/

[modsnip]No, they are the ones that impacted us so devastatingly and deeply, that we can't forget something as small as their favorite color. These are the girls we think about, when another goes missing. These are the girls whose families we pray fro when we have a quiet moment and their memory returns to us. [modsnip]

Actually, it came from a place of people wanting to honor these victims who are similar in an aspect...and noticing that too many tragedies have the purple ribbons and the towns in purple. Notice, how no one was discussing the cases...but choosing to reflect and respect their tragically short lives.

The waiting for more information is frustrating. Obviously it's frustrating to you folks as well, [modsnip]

I'm leaning towards more than one attack, because it's the simplest explanation for the soiled underwear being separated from the body.

Meanwhile, I thought some of you might find this interesting. I came across it in an unrelated area. It relates to rape fantasies in disturbed individuals.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/maggie-me...de-what-i-found-on-it-made-me-glad-he-did-it/

I think this is quite possibly a fiction short story. It's a forum heavily used by fiction writers. From the authors bio: "Now her fiance and she build horror and fantasy stories together, lives based on being creative and trying to scare the pants off of everybody!"

Another post on TC by the same author is entitled "I Found One Of My Psychiatric Patient’s Journals, What I Read Made Me Quit My Whole Career "

http://thoughtcatalog.com/maggie-meyers/2014/06/i-had-to-quit-my-career/

This 'see what horrible thing I stumbled upon at home/work/whatever' is her MO within the horror genre.

Sounds like we need a Color Purple thread for all our babies :(

The essence of people I care about come to me in the form of butterflies. My friend's daughter who passed away from brain cancer comes as a white butterfly, my grandmother comes as a yellow butterfly, my grandfather comes as a large monarch or large moth and ever since I started posting here and followed the cases of Jessica, Allana and the other precious babies I now am visited by purple butterflies. Every time I see them I think of all the sweet babies taken too soon by the hands of evil people.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, as I am behind in the threads. Sorry in advance if it has.

Part of me (and I hate the thought of it) wonders if perhaps GG was already grooming J. She could have wanted to hang out with the "older cool kid" and he noticed which made him chose her. I wonder if maybe things got too far and he felt his only choice now was to kill her.

I hate the whole situation. I hope that she never once knew what was happening to her. Rest in Peace sweet girl. <3:innocent::heartbeat:

yes, but once this happens your neighborhood, I think all parents change there habits, I know my mom did, I know i posted before, I grew up in the area the Lyons girls went missing in Maryland. you talk to my two oldest sister, they are 12 and 15 years older than me, they were allowed to ride there bikes to the park, stay all day. came and went. I was 5 when the Lyons girls went missing. me, I was not allowed out of the front yard, field trips, my mother went me, no walking to the store or schools. My sister will say there was big difference on how they were raised and me and my other two sisters

Jacob Wetterling was kidnapped while with his his brother and a friend in mini micro town rural Minnesota. I know that changed many people's lives forever. Innocence was gone for me and my friends and we did not live near there.

That is when I learned monsters live among us.

As a teacher, we then were trained in recognizing signs of child sexual abuse. We started having "Good touch, Bad Touch". None of these things were on our radar screen until after that horrible event.

Jacob Wetterling was kidnapped while with his his brother and a friend in mini micro town rural Minnesota. I know that changed many people's lives forever. Innocence was gone for me and my friends and we did not live near there.

That is when I learned monsters live among us.

As a teacher, we then were trained in recognizing signs of child sexual abuse. We started having "Good touch, Bad Touch". None of these things were on our radar screen until after that horrible event.

BBM.. I've been thinking all week on that very statement. How for generations, we have LIED to our children and said ' There is no such thing as monsters'. As for the fairy tale monsters with giant tails and 10 eyeballs and claws that creep around the forest in the dark, it is true. There is no such thing as monsters. But the reality is the monsters that do exist are far more terrifying than any 'monster' we could imagine. And let's face it those monsters of our childhood fantasies we thought might steal us and take us to a cave and feed us to a dragon are for more preferable than the monsters who actually walk the streets among us.
Is it wrong to tell our babies there is no such thing as monsters so they won't be scared?
At what age is a child old enough to comprehend that a human could be a ' monster'?
At what age should we shatter their perfect and fearless world by warning them about this?

BBM.. I've been thinking all week on that very statement. How for generations, we have LIED to our children and said ' There is no such thing as monsters'. As for the fairy tale monsters with giant tails and 10 eyeballs and claws that creep around the forest in the dark, it is true. There is no such thing as monsters. But the reality is the monsters that do exist are far more terrifying than any 'monster' we could imagine. And let's face it those monsters of our childhood fantasies we thought might steal us and take us to a cave and feed us to a dragon are for more preferable than the monsters who actually walk the streets among us.
Is it wrong to tell our babies there is no such thing as monsters so they won't be scared?
At what age is a child old enough to comprehend that a human could be a ' monster'?
At what age should we shatter their perfect and fearless world by warning them about this?

At school, we started teaching children at age 4. Talking about strangers.

Talking about how no one should see certain parts of your body.

When we had experts come in and talk about "Good Touch, Bad Touch" (which now has changed to something else), there were 4 Four year old children in the class who had perps that were in prison for abusing them.

The children did not say one thing during the discussion time. I found it very interesting because I have had children often blurt out that a parent is in jail or prison.

When questioning them with different scenarios after discussing tricks that people might say, most if them would go to the Mall to go shopping.

And all of them said they would go with me if I saw them on the street and offered a ride.

We stressed that there should be no secrets and that they never ever go with anyone without asking a parent. Not me, not the police, no one.

Children think that people they have seen such as a store clerk or mail carrier are not strangers.

The only thing that works most of the time is watching them 24/7.

Even adults go with people who kill and rape them.

**This picture comes from the news article of Jenise's memorial. I am really glad folks got a chance to sign a new banner.
http://seattletimes.com/html/picturethis/2024327994_memorialforjenisewright.html

Really just a side note/thought...as I was looking at this picture, it struck me that this little stuffed eagle would be a brilliant place to put a LE camera in the event they were still looking for anyone else. (Personally, I believe GG acted alone)

Edit to remove photo since I'm afraid it could have blown the margins for some!

I am really glad that someone (or someones) had the forethought to even look for his name on the banner from the vigil. I can honestly say that I probably wouldn't have considered looking for his name on the banner because my focus would simply be on finding ways to lift up the family and surround them with love, and as quickly as possible. My thought would be here is this gift; look how many people loved your daughter and support your family. I would very likely overlook that there was one person who signed it and didn't love their daughter. I am glad there are people out there who consider things like this, because... yuck. I am glad the community is making a new one to give to the family. Jenise touched so many lives.

Bringing this forward from the last thread:

(The above post references that's Teghan's favorite color was also purple, like Jenise's, Jessica's, and Alanna's)

Wow, MsMarple, I was unfamiliar with Teghan's case, so I looked it up. OMG!!!!!!!!!! The brutality. :(
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iba-tortured-strangled-mothers-boyfriend.html

This angel is for you, Teghan:

View attachment 57035

I thought I would never say these next words, but after getting through Teghan Skiba's 10 day horror a few months ago, I think I can say it: I don't think we will ever see anything worse than the Skiba case. Her monster, at least, is sitting on Death Row in NC. He may live forever because I do not think he is human. He needs his own special he!! -- very few people will qualify for that level of torture and pain, even in he!!. Just my O.

I focused less on the stranger danger aspect and tried to teach my kids to become more socially smart. Because some strangers are good people and some aren't. And if my child got lost, they would need to approach a stranger at some point. So I told them to go up to a store clerk but never go anywhere with them. Just stay with the clerk by the front of the store with the other clerks. If we were not in a store and you get lost, go up to a woman with kids. Because she is a mom and other moms will help you and keep you safe. Never go up to a man. Because he might be good but he might be a person that hurts kids.

When they were with me and a stranger talked to us, I emphasized that it was all right to talk to strangers when I was with them. If I was not with them, and a stranger came up to talk to them, they were to back up turn and run away especially if they were somewhere by themselves. After a stranger spoke to us, I would talk to them and remind them of all of this and we would break down why it felt OK in that situation. Because I was with them, because other people were around, etc. i wanted them to get an idea of how to make smart decisions about strangers rather than fearful of everyone.

At school, we started teaching children at age 4. Talking about strangers.

Talking about how no one should see certain parts of your body.

When we had experts come in and talk about "Good Touch, Bad Touch" (which now has changed to something else), there were 4 Four year old children in the class who had perps that were in prison for abusing them.

Snipped by me, respectfully.

When I started teaching my daughter about good touch/bad touch/private body parts, etc. I was very sure to not only tell her that nobody should touch her in certain ways and that SHE should not ever touch another person in those same ways. I think the focus of these discussions by parents and educators is often on "tell someone right away if anyone touches YOUR private body parts," but it is just as bad for someone to ask our children to touch THEIR private body parts too. I made it clear to my little one that although it is wrong for these things to happen, she should tell me or another trusted adult right away, and that she should never fear being in trouble for something like this. I have a close friend with a child who was being molested and she didn't tell anyone because she knew it was wrong and thought she would be in trouble for it. I don't want my daughter to ever be afraid of telling.

Re: stranger danger, I guess my love for kids and benignness (is that a word, lol) comes through in my spirit, because sometimes kids will talk to me out of the blue (for instance, I was walking my dogs yesterday and these kids I don't know came over to me all excited and said "do you want to see the game we just made?"...I just smiled, and said, "No thanks", lol and kept walking. I always think to myself how I want to tell them they should not talk to strangers!!

Bringing this forward from the last thread:

(The above post references that's Teghan's favorite color was also purple, like Jenise's, Jessica's, and Alanna's)

Wow, MsMarple, I was unfamiliar with Teghan's case, so I looked it up. OMG!!!!!!!!!! The brutality. :(
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2580349/Four-year-old-girl-Teghan-Skiba-tortured-strangled-mothers-boyfriend.html

She is charged with felony negligent child abuse causing serious bodily harm in connection with her daughter's death,

It appears that her mother was charged in relation to her death. I really hope we start seeing that in more cases (Cherish Periwinkle's is the one that really haunts me).

Oh man :( This is so bad. I do feel sad for the mom. I hope she has family and friends who will support her and hold her together.

I expected this. They probably have to move for their own safety. This crime has destroyed so many lives. I'm sure it's VERY uncomfortable at the mhp right now for GG's family.

Margarita25, I always tell kids they shouldn't talk to strangers! One kid said to me, "but you have such a cute dog!" and I said, "some people use cute dogs in order to find a kid to steal. If that happens you might never see your family again. It is dangerous to talk to strangers!" It may not be the best way to handle things like this but I'm all for being direct and honest. If they go home and tell their parents on me, great, because I hope it opens up a very important discussion!

I focused less on the stranger danger aspect and tried to teach my kids to become more socially smart. Because some strangers are good people and some aren't. And if my child got lost, they would need to approach a stranger at some point. So I told them to go up to a store clerk but never go anywhere with them. Just stay with the clerk by the front of the store with the other clerks. If we were not in a store and you get lost, go up to a woman with kids. Because she is a mom and other moms will help you and keep you safe. Never go up to a man. Because he might be good but he might be a person that hurts kids.

When they were with me and a stranger talked to us, I emphasized that it was all right to talk to strangers when I was with them. If I was not with them, and a stranger came up to talk to them, they were to back up turn and run away especially if they were somewhere by themselves. After a stranger spoke to us, I would talk to them and remind them of all of this and we would break down why it felt OK in that situation. Because I was with them, because other people were around, etc. i wanted them to get an idea of how to make smart decisions about strangers rather than fearful of everyone.

An honor student store clerk is the one who took a child at a store in MN. Maybe I can find the story.

And if only we could trust mom's with kids. A good saying is,," Trust in God, but tie your camel."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57