WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok....i want to know what everyone is talking about......LOL.....all i got is a bunch of ebay carp when i tried to sleuth bosscat2.....maybe im just frustrated cause i just spent two hours with the cranky hubby and kids at costco....but can someone please spell it out :)

is the clue at ebay....?

Google: Bosscat2 McCleary

You'll see. ;)

RoseWhite,

Could you paraphrase the comment? I don't think that's against TOS. If I'm mistaken, can a Mod please let us know/clarify?

Thanks,
Soulscape

Well, first off, bosscat is a username. I don't have a real name to quote from so you can't really saying any particular person said anything. But in a news article's comment thread, bosscat said that he/she said all long that LB would be found in his/her backyard, and sure as the search goes on they will find her. And that they have missed it by a 1/4 mile.

The article was about the search warrants.

Okay everybody - go to this link: http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_092509WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-KS.1b5660aae.html

and then read the comments following the article. Most of the pertinent comments are on page 2. It is against TOS to copy and paste the comments, we can only link to them.

Cyber also posted a google search up above that will help after you read the comments and go looking for more info.

I know all this is a bit confusing, but..... we need to stay within the TOS.

Salem

PS - Thanks to all. Is anyone calling in the comments to LE? If so, please tell us. If I don't see anything by tomorrow morning, 9:00 a.m.ish, I will call it in. Better safe than sorry. I'm sure they know, but I don't want to take any chances.

Well, first off, bosscat is a username. I don't have a real name to quote from so you can't really saying any particular person said anything. But in a news article's comment thread, bosscat said that he/she said all long that LB would be found in his/her backyard, and sure as the search goes on they will find her. And that they have missed it by a 1/4 mile.

The article was about the search warrants.

So what do we make of this? I found him and his address and it is pretty close to the Golder's where they searched. What's his deal?

Okay everybody - go to this link: http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_092509WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-KS.1b5660aae.html

and then read the comments following the article. Most of the pertinent comments are on page 2. It is against TOS to copy and paste the comments, we can only link to them.

Cyber also posted a google search up above that will help after you read the comments and go looking for more info.

I know all this is a bit confusing, but..... we need to stay within the TOS.

Salem

PS - Thanks to all. Is anyone calling in the comments to LE? If so, please tell us. If I don't see anything by tomorrow morning, 9:00 a.m.ish, I will call it in. Better safe than sorry. I'm sure they know, but I don't want to take any chances.

I saved the comments and posts. I googled and found them all.. and saved the comments. I will let you see them - personal message me? (can I do that??)

Great to let us know if LE is informed. I wanted to do that when I read them. Still walking carefully here. Newby fears... ugh :(

havent we seen that name before.....i cant say the name....but for those of you that have found the name....where have i heard that name before???

is it againts the rules to put a marker on a map of b-2 along with golders? just to see how the two sits on a map?

LOL.....if i dont make any since tonight....just pass by.....im stressed! :) (family issues)

Okay, I haven't been following this thread in the last few days but I did a search for this bosscat person, tied that to a phone number, googled the phone number and it is tied to an excavating company.

Months ago there was a sex offender arrested in a neighboring town that is an excavating contractor. I tried at that time to find a link to him working in McCleary, but it seems like an odd coincidence?

I saved the comments and posts. I googled and found them all.. and saved the comments. I will let you see them - personal message me? (can I do that??)

Great to let us know if LE is informed. I wanted to do that when I read them. Still walking carefully here. Newby fears... ugh :(

Hi, With 22 comments I don't think you can PM yet. You can go to a thread where they count numbers and get your post count up real quick-like. xox

havent we seen that name before.....i cant say the name....but for those of you that have found the name....where have i heard that name before???

is it againts the rules to put a marker on a map of b-2 along with golders? just to see how the two sits on a map?

LOL.....if i dont make any since tonight....just pass by.....im stressed! :) (family issues)

I don't remember it - but if you can find it and it is in the main stream media - then we can talk about him!

Salem

I would say need to step very carefully. User names are user names, nothing more, and we have no way of knowing if the person posting on King 5 is an enemy of the person that was using the username Bosscat2 at prior times.
It could be someone trying to set up someone else. There are spelling errors and such in Bosscat2 King postings that I don't see in the earlier posts made on different sites under the same name.
This post is confusing even to me, but it's the best I can do.

you are right not my kids :)

we have to be careful :)

Okay, I haven't been following this thread in the last few days but I did a search for this bosscat person, tied that to a phone number, googled the phone number and it is tied to an excavating company.

Months ago there was a sex offender arrested in a neighboring town that is an excavating contractor. I tried at that time to find a link to him working in McCleary, but it seems like an odd coincidence?

i looked up that user name and found a name connected to it in mccleary

***please remember,
anyone can use the user name bosscat or bosscat2 that doesnt mean its the same person that left the comments-on the news report page***

i found a person with that user name in mccleary

CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTOR

EXCAVATION/GRADING/LANDCLEAR

MCCLEARY
State WA
Effective Date 5/20/2005
Status OUT OF BUSINESS
Expiration Date 5/20/2009

IF memory serves, and I can't say it does, I thought the original post was by someone called Bosscat. Later, the comment was removed and Bosscat 2 showed up talking the same on the article. I assumed they removed their original comment but still wanted to talk about it. So they registered (perhaps with a 'safer' email address) and then answered other comment-er's posts.

But again, I could be completely wrong.

It also seems like the comment by 'Listenhere' that paraphrased by copying and pasting is gone from the article as well.

Hmmm, curious stuff with this Bosscat fellow.

Some quick searches brought up interesting info. Someone please tell me if I say something I shouldn't and I'll edit ASAP. Here's the path that google took me on:

The username matches up with an email for someone in McCleary. They made a comment on a site using a name, email and phone number. Edit: I did find a listing by the name listed on the comment. Is it possible that his phone number has since changed? Searching the phone number brings up a business with a different name.

Here is where that lead took me:

Searching that name brings up a different business in Oakville, WA with a man of the same name on the first business and another man with same last name. Both men use the same number, so I assume it is a landline. Searching that landline brings up a ton of hits (which I have yet to look at).

By searching the last name and "Lindsey Baum" I found a third man with the same last name. In the thread he states that he came through McCleary on July 2nd, (from California) and was surprised that anything like this could happen in such a small town.

Bosscat also mentions California in a comment (have I said too much?). The interesting part is that there are listings of two men by the same first and last names (different middle initials) as this "passer-by" in Aberdeen and Oakville. This man has a first name that has been brought up in these threads. Unfortunately, I cannot recall the last name of that guy.

Anyone should be able to follow this trail and provide better info that I have found, as I have not followed the threads enough to recall all of the details.

My first thought when reading the Bosscat comment was that there was a possible element of subterfuge, revenge and maybe even framing at play.

I'm very curious to see how all of this plays out.

Edit (again): I do see that the man listed when you first search Bosscat also has a previous address in CA. It seems that there may be something to what Bosscat said, or that someone has it out to frame this guy.

Edit (last time, I promise): OK, following the PO box listed for the guy with an email address Bosscat2@.... I find that it is the same box listed for the first business that I found when googling the phone number. In other words, All of these people are connected, somehow through that business. The other two men (with the same last name) are written about in an article about their logging business and one states that they are cousins who act like brothers.

If you do a little sleuthing on this poster (Bosscat2), it's pretty easy to come up with a local that uses that name.

I'm still learning the ropes and catching up on this case, so be please be patient with me. Would you please translate your comment to us newbies. I would greatly appreciate it.

Novice Seeker

I wrote a letter to the Governor today, including previous thoughts I've had from a prior search I participated in.

Dear Governor,

I am sure you are very much aware of the search efforts underway to find 11-year-old ________. I wish to add my voice to those also writing you and ask that you immediately consider any state funds or aid towards a reward for information leading to Lindsey being found, or in either the search effort or even your aid of spreading the word about Lindsey.

I have participated in the search efforts and donated what I can to help. I'd like to share my thoughts with you about Lindsey.

I drove 80 miles for a little girl I have never met, to help in the organized search to find Lindsey. As I traveled mile after mile, through thick forests and fields and into the Nisqually Basin, I thought about my wish that no child should ever know harm or heartbreak. As if they could grow up in a protective bubble until they were 18. But a good friend of mine had countered months ago, ‘that doesn’t make for very good adults.’ And I realize that, too. I do. But children should be nervous about the first day of school, or be disappointed in not getting the video game they wanted, or cry from a scrape from falling off their bike. I wish these things for Lindsey. I want her to come home and fight with her brother. I want her to be overwhelmed with the insanity of junior high and to have her heart broken in high school. These are the things Lindsey should have to deal with.

Melissa Baum, Lindsey’s mother, is a very strong woman who is doing all she can to bring her daughter home. The least I could do was to drive to her and help her. I will gladly give up my Sunday plans to give her what aid I can. She deserves it. And Lindsey deserves to come home.

Please consider what you can do as Governor of Washington to help this little girl return to her family.

Sincerely,

I wrote a letter to the Governor today, including previous thoughts I've had from a prior search I participated in.

Dear Governor,

I am sure you are very much aware of the search efforts underway to find 11-year-old ________. I wish to add my voice to those also writing you and ask that you immediately consider any state funds or aid towards a reward for information leading to Lindsey being found, or in either the search effort or even your aid of spreading the word about Lindsey.

I have participated in the search efforts and donated what I can to help. I'd like to share my thoughts with you about Lindsey.

I drove 80 miles for a little girl I have never met, to help in the organized search to find Lindsey. As I traveled mile after mile, through thick forests and fields and into the Nisqually Basin, I thought about my wish that no child should ever know harm or heartbreak. As if they could grow up in a protective bubble until they were 18. But a good friend of mine had countered months ago, ‘that doesn’t make for very good adults.’ And I realize that, too. I do. But children should be nervous about the first day of school, or be disappointed in not getting the video game they wanted, or cry from a scrape from falling off their bike. I wish these things for Lindsey. I want her to come home and fight with her brother. I want her to be overwhelmed with the insanity of junior high and to have her heart broken in high school. These are the things Lindsey should have to deal with.

Melissa Baum, Lindsey’s mother, is a very strong woman who is doing all she can to bring her daughter home. The least I could do was to drive to her and help her. I will gladly give up my Sunday plans to give her what aid I can. She deserves it. And Lindsey deserves to come home.

Please consider what you can do as Governor of Washington to help this little girl return to her family.

Sincerely,
Hi RoseWhite and thanks for writing that heartfelt letter to her. I hope her eyes open wide when she reads it. Hopefully the next search will have National Guardsmen helping LE. Time is of the essence now as Fall can be downright nasty here in the Pacific Northwest. xox

In reference to the construction at the school. Does anyone have an idea when the project was completed? Better yet was it going full tilt on June 26th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenny0115