WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped for space

I feel so positive that LE knows the answer to this puzzle, who that witness was, where she was when she saw Lindsey and what she noticed that she doesn't want to make public for fear of reprisal. I think the only thing LE doesn't have at this point is Lindsey. And I would think that death scent alerted to up off Beck would be easy to nail down. I mean how many dead people have there been taken up that logging rd? LE would know of all the deaths in the area going way back and be able to place anyone who was missing and never found going back the last 7 years. That is the life of a death scent that can be sniffed by a cadaver dog.

snipped for space

Scandi from what I understand, the death scent could be a dead animal too. According to the people I talked to, Mr. Oakes dog(s) could not differentiate between a dead human and a dead animal. You would think they should be able to, but perhaps that takes specially trained dogs.

Scandi from what I understand, the death scent could be a dead animal too. According to the people I talked to, Mr. Oakes dog(s) could not differentiate between a dead human and a dead animal. You would think they should be able to, but perhaps that takes specially trained dogs.

My thought on the death scent off Beck is that the wind may have been blowing from the direction of town...and the Rainbow Park Apartment retirement community...where it's entirely possible that elderly individuals have died. JMO

We keep talking about the dog tracking her up 6th Street, but I have seen no confirmation of that. Has anyone else? And if so, could you/would you share, please?

The idea about the paycheck is a very good one for placing DG in the area at the right time. It should be easy for LE to check out.

Also the thought that maybe DG enlisted Lindsey's help for some reason that led her to leave Maple Street is very good.

We need to confirm if Lindsey was wanting someone to stay the night with her (which is the way I think it was) or if Lindsey was trying to stay with someone. We have heard the story both ways but if I remember correctly, Lindsey did not take her phone, a change of clothes, etc. which leads me to think she wanted someone to stay with her.

And the bathing suit is a HUGE red flag to me. Either Lindsey took a shower and changed or she didn't. But at 10 years of age and being a girl, I have a hard time believing she showered and put her dirty suit back on. What is up with that?

Salem

Hi Salem, That info about the tracking dog scenting Lindsey going up 6th came fro KK, and she said it was the dog handler Mr Oakes who stated that. Who knows how she found that out so it is hearsay at best, maybe true however.

It was also KK who stated the girls changed their plans on the walk to her house. MK, her daughter, had spent the previous night at Lindsey's house. Lindsey had been playing and swimming with MK that day and Lindsey and Josh were walking MK home. The girls decided it would be good for Lindsey to spend the night at MK's which was shot down by Scott, KK's SO. So that is why she left those things at her home as when they left, she originally planned to go back to her house that night.

I think she also said, or someone did, that when Lindsey would spend the night at a friends she never packed for the overnight stay.

All IMO, not verified as fact, but could be ;}

My thought on the death scent off Beck is that the wind may have been blowing from the direction of town...and the Rainbow Park Apartment retirement community...where it's entirely possible that elderly individuals have died. JMO
Good point!

That is interesting Cyber as I have never heard of dogs like that before. It is all in how they are trained. From the cases I've studied {Scott Peterson and Madeleine McCann} where cadaver dogs were involved, a dog that is trained for human recovery will not alert to say a pork roast and alert only to the death scent of decomposing human remains. Maybe he didn't have a true human remains recovery dog.

It is a very interesting and surprisingly not a widely written about subject. xox

If Lindsey's scent was dropped after a certain point on 6th, perhaps that's where she was picked up. Then -- could the car she was in keep on driving out of town on a road that is sort of a continuation of 6th? I mean sort of perpendicular to the directions that might have gotten more searching, and therefore be a really good target for more thorough searching I hope that makes sense; I have no familiarity with the area. TIA.

"Why didn't she go back to KK's?" I believe because she had already been refused permission by KK to stay the night and that's why she was walking. Perhaps too polite, and perhaps thinking she could get away from whatever spooked her, probably a car.

Who is Libby?

Best of everything to the searchers this weekend. You take our admiration and appreciation with you. Be careful of the terrain!

I believe the dogs would have tracked back to the Rainbow Park Apartments had that been the case. I have seen the actual area you are talking about above Beck street. The scent came from a northernly direction, vs a western direction that the apartments are in.

I believe the dogs would have tracked back to the Rainbow Park Apartments had that been the case. I have seen the actual area you are talking about above Beck street. The scent came from a northernly direction, vs a western direction that the apartments are in.

We need to check this because I thought I read the wind (thus the scent) was from the south.

If Lindsey's scent was dropped after a certain point on 6th, perhaps that's where she was picked up. Then -- could the car she was in keep on driving out of town on a road that is sort of a continuation of 6th? I mean sort of perpendicular to the directions that might have gotten more searching, and therefore be a really good target for more thorough searching I hope that makes sense; I have no familiarity with the area. TIA.

"Why didn't she go back to KK's?" I believe because she had already been refused permission by KK to stay the night and that's why she was walking. Perhaps too polite, and perhaps thinking she could get away from whatever spooked her, probably a car.

Who is Libby?

Best of everything to the searchers this weekend. You take our admiration and appreciation with you. Be careful of the terrain!

Libby is the mother of one of Lindsey's friends and she works at the Beehive Center. Her name was given in full in the Affidavit.

ETA: And I think from 6th one would have to drive over to 3rd, take a right to go south out of town. IMO

We need to check this because I thought I read the wind (thus the scent) was from the south.

No, that makes perfect sense. It would have come from the south of Beck St, but north of the location I am talking about. I just can't tell you where that is, because we are not allowed to be that specific. Sorry.

You fill out a form and they take a photo copy of your driver's license, you must be at least 18 years old, to be able to participate in a search.
Yep.... that's what I pointed out. I was on search team last week on Saturday. I bet LE keeps tabs on who signs up and searches. And am sure they look through forums as well.

I think you (Cyberswept) were on my team.???? :)

(Can I say that? )

The "Beck Street" scent is not confirmed. It was information that came from an unconfirmed source (someone from a website emailed the dog handler but no one knows for a fact if the information was correct).

Speaking of someone claiming to know where LB is, please read all the comments on this news article involving bosscat and bosscat2 (the original is paraphrased by another comment-er because it had been removed.)
http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_092509WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-KS.1b5660aae.html

Bosscat, the brand, is a maker of snow sleds. It isn't a far fetch to jump to ATV and other rec vehicles. It is in my opinion that people take screen names that have a personal meaning and connection to them.

I kept the quote in question, but I'm not sure if I can post that here. So I won't.

Speaking of someone claiming to know where LB is, please read all the comments on this news article involving bosscat and bosscat2 (the original is paraphrased by another comment-er because it had been removed.)
http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_092509WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-KS.1b5660aae.html

Bosscat, the brand, is a maker of snow sleds. It isn't a far fetch to jump to ATV and other rec vehicles. It is in my opinion that people take screen names that have a personal meaning and connection to them.

I kept the quote in question, but I'm not sure if I can post that here. So I won't.

The quote has been removed, but it must have been pretty bad considering some of the quotes about it. If it indicated a location, you should pm Jvk with the info and see if they can get it included in one of the searches.

Yep.... that's what I pointed out. I was on search team last week on Saturday. I bet LE keeps tabs on who signs up and searches. And am sure they look through forums as well.

I think you (Cyberswept) were on my team.???? :)

(Can I say that? )

Yes you can say that. :)

Thinking about all the searchers on the ground in McCleary looking for Lindsey - be careful, be dilligent and stay safe. Will await your reporting tonight on the days events in McCleary.

Yes, best of luck and safety to the teams going out today. Your help and dedication is so appreciated!

Just posted media link about the Fort Lewis NG helping with the search today.

Hi Knox, No, I haven't seen that photo. I don't have a link to MB's MS. xox

PS: From your question on the Dream thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann