WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

This is the second report we have gotten on her wearing shoes which could come off easily (KK). Why they put tennis shoes on the missing poster is beyond me? I guess it is possible her mom didn't notice what she was wearing and couldn't find her tennis shoes?

This is no different than JVK talking to M or Scandi talking to FV today. It is fine to report it if you are the person talking directly to them. :) You can feel free to report the whole conversation...at your discretion of course.

Another way to look at it is why does KK keep insisting that Lindsey was wearing slip-on shoes if she was wearing regular sneakers.

IIRC, when she mentioned it to jvk, she was making the point that if Lindsey had been grabbed on the street, her shoes would have slipped off and been found.

I ran across that name last night somewhere. Was it on here? Wish I could remember where I saw it.
I remember the names Hofland & Hauff & maybe others being discussed last night...

IIRC, when she mentioned it to jvk, she was making the point that if Lindsey had been grabbed on the street, her shoes would have slipped off and been found.

correct.

As far as the shoes, they could be slip ons and sneakers at the same time. Old sneakers, if you just leave your feet out of them a little, will become flat in the back. They are techinically still sneakers, but they have been modified to the point where they are basically slip-ons.

Hi everyone! It's amazing how far behind I am after a few days away from the computer! Just wondering what I'd missed, was hoping one of you kind sleuths would be able/willing to give a quick thread #7 recap? TIA!!

Hoping that with one child found today (possibly Tori Stafford, no finals until DNA match) that maybe by the grace of god Lindsey come home too.

This story hits close to home my DD is 11 and she and Lindsey share many of the same interests. I too live in a 3000 people community and have a sense of "safety" in my community. It feels like it could be my girl.

You are doing a great job sleuthing this case (i've been lurking for a while, joined today), the pictures and all the locals explainations and details of McLeary is awesome.

Hi SS, That's why I referred to her as Ms Voss lol

I did just call KOMO News and had a nice conversation with the news desk person, a gal who is familiar to the case. She said they have had nothing today off the wire about Lindsey. I gave her the info about 2 possible searches today, where they were, the caretaker being let go a week ago, etc, telling her we don't know if any of this concerns Lindsey.

She was going to call the Sheriff's office which is what they do when they get a call like this and I rold her she is the only one with the SCOOP so I expect to hear about it on the news by tomoz. She laughed and I had already told her KOMO News has had continual coverage of Lindsey's case which is appreciated by the public.

We'll see what develops!

Oh, She said if I can wait till tomoz, :innocent: to call Grays Harbor County. She said the caretaker is a public employee and that is public information. And they can't withhold it from a private citizen.

That was great she told me that, as I had't even thought of finding out who this guy was in that light. As a public servent. I guarantee by tomoz morning we will know who he is. xox

You *Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i just wanted to help clear up a couple things to help keep your sleuthing on track:

I think she wanted to find someone to come spend the night with her so she wouldn't be bored and fighting with her brother all night. This is why I feel she went to Simpson where people were at the pizza place and around to check it out. Unfortunately, no one noticed her...imo. She also had at least 30 minutes before she was due home.
The pizza place is on 3rd Street,not Simpson and if she was going there, it would have been quicker to just go down Maple and turn left on 3rd.

I have always thought she walked to Simpson and down towards the park to cut across the bridge, but I wasn't aware she had to get the bike behind the station. Altho..she still could have cut through the park and walked back towards the station to get the bike where she encountered him.

A perp has one advantage during a crime: Adrenalin. Age may not be a huge factor with the adrenalin flowing and the thrill of the chase etc.

If she went down Simpson, she wouldn't have to cut through the park to get to the bridge or the shell station. Simpson goes straight through and dead ends at the fire station, with the park on the left side (if you were facing East) and the police station on the right.

i just wanted to help clear up a couple things to help keep your sleuthing on track:

The pizza place is on 3rd Street,not Simpson and if she was going there, it would have been quicker to just go down Maple and turn left on 3rd.

If she went down Simpson, she wouldn't have to cut through the park to get to the bridge or the shell station. Simpson goes straight through and dead ends at the fire station, with the park on the left side (if you were facing East) and the police station on the right.
Thanks! I used the pizza place as an example and wasn't really thinking about where it was located. What is near 5th/6th and Simpson? Any places her friends could be spotted at that time of the evening out with their families?

The maps are a bit deceiving to me as it looks like Simpson runs basically into the park. I kind of consider that whole area the park minus the parking lot where those buildings are sitting. I guess that isn't correct. :/ Thanks for straightening that out for me! Hard to visualize everything even with the great photos people have taken.

It does seem like a lovely little community tho. :)

Here is another interesting craigslist ad about stolen quads the same night Lindsey went missing:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/mcy/1271026160.html

Who knows what could be related to Lindsey? This is a good find especially since he names the suspect! I hope someone checks out the location where they found one of his toys.

I don't know if this is anything important, but I noticed this craigslist ad. Someone is setting up a command center in McCleary:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/wan/1277108177.html

Great news!!! Very important to know they are setting up a center for Lindsey to promote searches and awareness!! It appears to be legit and I am glad someone donated a building for them to use. (I hope they find a copy machine because it is most important.)

Thanks for finding these tid bits and bringing them to our attention. We will have to check out that suspect.

Post #231, Joseph Allen Imholt
Sorry, not sure how to link!
Welcome to WS, Lightlady! To link, you simply click on the post # in the right top corner and then copy/paste the address into your post. :) To link anything else, just copy and paste the address here. It will automatically make the link for you.

Thanks for finding that post! Good job!! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crissam
Back