WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

**snipped for brevity**

Can you tell me where Bremner is supposed to be located? I've never heard of it and can't find it on any maps.

Hi McCleary,

I think he meant Bremerton which is up past Shelton.

Norm, I only counted 2 DUI's on that stat sheet. The post I read this morning that listed his stats had 4 DUI's I thought :confused:

Nope, I was wrong and it is the same. { where is that embarrased icon when you need it ;} I had read the Driving While Suspended as DUI's.

I don't think this is the guy. He might be a bit wild but it doesn't come close to matching what Sheil {sp} stated to Cyber.

Heck, I had 2 DUI's within 6 months of each other in 1990 and that was it for me. Never drank and drove after that.

Hi McCleary,

Norm, I only counted 2 DUI's on that stat sheet. The post I read this morning that listed his stats had 4 DUI's I thought :confused:

I was asking because I didn't know if he meant Bremerton, Brinnon, or something else. :)

SCANDI, CYBERSWEPT, JVK, MCCLEARY, GAILRENE, and any other locals I may be missing, you are an incredible team and what great sleuthing you have done over the past few days. And, if LE isn't taking your input seriously then they should be ashamed of themselves. You bring in the raw materials and the rest of this talented and dedicated group at SW help to process what you offer and turn it into something useful.

It's really been amazing to watch -- if even from the sidelines -- over the past few days. Your local commitment to the task at hand is nothing less than heroic, imo. All for Lindsey! Sincere thanks.

Hi McCleary,

Nope, I was wrong and it is the same. { where is that embarrased icon when you need it ;} I had read the Driving While Suspended as DUI's.

I don't think this is the guy. He might be a bit wild but it doesn't come close to matching what Sheil {sp} stated to Cyber.

Heck, I had 2 DUI's within 6 months of each other in 1990 and that was it for me. Never drank and drove after that.

Thanks for clearing that up Scandi, definitely only 2 DUI's. Even knowing that, I've known and driven with a few drunks in my time and I'd take a wild stab that the other two, negligence and under suspension, are indications that this guy has driving judgement problems that are only enhanced when he drinks. With a history like this...he's been caught twice but has probably gotten away with the same sort of DUI thing many many many times. 2006 was his first DUI, the second being 2008, so he seems to be a 2 time loser when it comes to being a drunk behind the wheel. That being said, perhaps Shel, just knowing this guys nature, "enhanced" the details a touch? Just a thought. Thanks so much for your great work!

Could you tell me if there is a tire pump behind the Shell service station that is available for use to kids with bikes, somewhere in the back area, perhaps near the bush area?

Thanks again!

SCANDI, CYBERSWEPT, JVK, MCCLEARY, GAILRENE, and any other locals I may be missing, you are an incredible team and what great sleuthing you have done over the past few days. And, if LE isn't taking your input seriously then they should be ashamed of themselves. You bring in the raw materials and the rest of this talented and dedicated group at SW help to process what you offer and turn it into something useful.

It's really been amazing to watch -- if even from the sidelines -- over the past few days. Your local commitment to the task at hand is nothing less than heroic, imo. All for Lindsey! Sincere thanks.

Hi Norm, Thanks for that and I agree our locals are a fab group.

I live 2 hours south so am not a local, but we do have others like TakeNote and Lotsalatte who are quite close by - I hate to miss anyone when I give names :hand:, and then a wonderful widespread group from the Seattle area and down into the Eugene area here in Oregon.

And we can't forget our Northwest lurkers too. Thanks to all of them who pop up now and again. All in all it is a lovely group of posters all centered on helping to figure out what could have happened to Lindsey so she can be brought back home. xoxox

a084.gif
ole.gif
a084.gif

PS: Norm, You're quite close by as well right?

How did I miss those plants behind the Shell? That just proves that even though you drive past something daily for almost a month you really don't pay attention to the area.

I need to start being more aware of my surroundings.

Great tribute to the ones I missed, Scandi, thanks. As for me living close, well, I'm about 600 or 700 miles of hard driving, which makes it even more pleasing for me that you locals are both near and willing to volunteer an immense amount of time to bring Lindsey back in good health.

How did I miss those plants behind the Shell? That just proves that even though you drive past something daily for almost a month you really don't pay attention to the area.

The plants behind the shell are so nicely manicured and planted they probably just didn't register. When I hear that stuff was found in bushes, I don't think about it being so tidy...I think more thick and less organized.

Some information that may or may not be of interest to some here. I have tried to post only what I thought necessary:

People have been wondering about whether or not ML still lives at the already reported address, a few doors down from Lindsey. That address being correct, this is the possible ML home for sale listing (listed May of 2009). No indication that it has yet been sold (picture link below)
343 S 1st Street - $54,900

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Washington/Mccleary/homes-for-sale

<Snipped to save space>

According to the Assessors page the house was sold
scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.
http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/gh_Parcel/Search/DetailParcel.asp?SrchParcelNo=060501101500
If the link doesn't work let me know and I'll take a screen shot.

Wow, great photos! And thanks for confirming to me something I've been wondering about for weeks. The "air and water" machine behind the barrel can also be used for bicycles as well, then, I assume? No need to respond if they can.

I personally suspect that the bike problem was probably not a chain break but a simple pump the tire thing. At that time of night I am assuming that nobody would have been around who could fix a tire, most mechanics don't work that late and it would be a strange time for a kid to go look for a mechanic. But, it would be a natural thing for a kid to go down and put a bit of air in a bike tire so it could could be ridden.

Thanks again!:clap:

The plants behind the shell are so nicely manicured and planted they probably just didn't register. When I hear that stuff was found in bushes, I don't think about it being so tidy...I think more thick and less organized.

My friend lives on Birch and when I leave her house I drive down Mommsen to the corner then turn left onto 3rd and head out to the highway, I honestly have never ever noticed the bushes right behind the shell. I could have sworn it was all concrete back there.

But I had never noticed the bus station until this happened either. I mean I knew it was there and I had seen it before but it's not where I thought it was.

Scares me to think that I am that unobservant to my surroundings. :loser:

Jen, I have been through there many times too and didn't remember those. That is why I thought I better go and snap some photos. I don't think of that as brush either, but those plants almost form a hedge that is pretty thick and at night could conceal someone very well. Maybe someone was hiding there and grabbed her from behind, then whisked her into a vehicle. The sidewalk that Lindsey would have taken goes right by them.

According to the Assessors page the house was sold
scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.
http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/gh_Parcel/Search/DetailParcel.asp?SrchParcelNo=060501101500
If the link doesn't work let me know and I'll take a screen shot.

Thanks Jennifer, sold June 5/2009

I don't know much about real estate in that area. Is there a time limit between sale of a home and leaving? If sold on June 5th, might the sellers be able to remain in the home for say 30 days, until July 5th?

Would there be any way to find out who purchased the property?

Cyberswept: are you getting aircraft over your place right now too? I can hear them but haven't been able to see them, but they sound low again.

Jennifer, I just took a closer read of that link. The sellers are listed as living on Breckenridge Drive, an MB and a JK, probably not married, but owning the home. To me this suggests that the previous "owners" were not owners but "renters".
Might ML and her boyfriend have been given the boot because the owners decided to sell?
That might cause some stress.

Thanks Jennifer, sold June 5/2009

I don't know much about real estate in that area. Is there a time limit between sale of a home and leaving? If sold on June 5th, might the sellers be able to remain in the home for say 30 days, until July 5th?

Would there be any way to find out who purchased the property?

It depends on the contract, who buys it and why. If someone wanted it as a personal home and not a rental I can imagine them wanting it ASAP. The renters would be given a 30 day notice from the original leaser (per Washington State law) but they possibly could have been given the notice before the house went on the market (maybe the original landlords got tired of being landlords, told the tenants to move and then put the house on the market).
Hard to say really.

My house sold in December of 07 and I had 12 days to move. But that was one of the conditions of sale.. the faster I moved the more money I got out of the deal.

The owners are listed on the webpage I posted a link to.

Looks like they live in Hoquiam and that means the house must be used as a rental not a personal home.

Cyberswept: are you getting aircraft over your place right now too? I can hear them but haven't been able to see them, but they sound low again.

Don't know. I have the window closed actually. I'll go outside and look. I live on the southeast side of McCleary just outside the city limits.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060
Back