WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

Hi Cajun, It seems to have been all in vain! I just talked to the manager of the park who told me I must have got wrong info as they haven't had a caretaker there since the end of Feb. She was quite hesitant to give me any info even after I threw out BenB's name and then did agree he was the previous caretaker.

It could be they want to keep anything to do with 'Al/Allen' quiet at this point and can certainly understand that. He certainly must exist. It is so odd to get that name from 2 employees of the park, and when I mentioned that name all she said is we have many employees here. xox

maybe he wasn't officially the "caretaker" but just classified as an employee.

Hi Cajun, It seems to have been all in vain! I just talked to the manager of the park who told me I must have got wrong info as they haven't had a caretaker there since the end of Feb. She was quite hesitant to give me any info even after I threw out BenB's name and then did agree he was the previous caretaker.

It could be they want to keep anything to do with 'Al/Allen' quiet at this point and can certainly understand that. He certainly must exist. It is so odd to get that name from 2 employees of the park, and when I mentioned that name all she said is we have many employees here. xox

It sure looks like they want to keep it quiet to me! Whether it has anything to do with LB or not, he was in trouble for something. He was let go "suddenly", correct? Like it came as a shock to other employees? I wonder if the media person you contacted yesterday will be able to dig up the name? What ya think?

Guys I am posting this really fast to get it on the board while it's fresh in my memory, but I'll be gone for awhile. I wasn't planning on having any real new info to submit, just photos, but as life works in mysterious ways, read below.

Today I went down to the Shell station to get some pictures to help clear up some of what I had reported yesterday. I could hardly believe what happened next. It must have been fate. Guess who saw me taking pictures and walked up and introduced herself? Kara! (Kara as you recall is the mother of Lindsey's friend who sent her home that night.) So I introduced myself and told her where I lived and that I was taking pictures for a forum where we were discussing Lindsey's case. I told her there has been some speculation on the boards we were trying to clear up. She volunteered that she at first was blogging or posting on .com about the case, but later quit. (At least I think that is what she called the web site.) I wished I'd had a notepad with me, but I was totally unprepared for this chance encounter. The reason she stopped blogging/posting was because the kids were starting to read the forums and information about the family was coming out that they didn't want the kids to read. She did not elaborate on what that was and I didn't press her about it.

So needless to say I had a thousand questions. First off the hoodie and flipflops. She said they DID NOT find them as I was told by Shel last night. She said she thinks the confusion comes from the items the dogs were given to sniff.

So that lead to the next question, the scent trail. She said the dogs picked up her scent all over town because basically she in the previous days had been all over, so they don't give much credance to the scent information.

She said there was a text going around that they had found Lindsey's body. So many people believed it, they started taking down the posters for her. Kara said they are now trying to get those back up.

Kara said that herself and the woman from the Laura Recovery Center (can't remember her name, started with an A though) are told anytime the dogs go out searching and that they knew of no searches in the ORV park. However, they did say that LE was not being very cooperative with them.

I also asked about the other adults in the home. She said just her kids and boyfriend were there and not other adults as has been previously discussed.

So I asked about the pool too. It is NOT a kiddie pool like I reported last night. The pool they swam in is in a yard just SW of the shell station. It is one of the ones inflated with water that has the inflated ring on top. It looks to be about 12 to 15 ft in diameter and about 3 ft deep. The yard is very open. When I drove by I could see most of it. I did not drive around the block it was on because I needed to get back home and I was afraid I was going to forget all this info.

Some info on the woman from the Laura Recovery Center. She is from Oregon and her niece was taken in California some months ago. I think she said she is a volunteer here helping coordinate the search effort along with Kara. They are looking for a building or operations center here in McCleary. If anyone knows of one they can use, please let me know.

I would like to say that both Kara and the woman from the recovery center were very nice to talk to and they are trying to keep Lindsey's name out there and on people's lips. Don't think that will be a problem around here! ;)

Oh. I asked about the camera's at the Shell Station. Kara said the one camera on top doesn't work and the other one is pointed straight at the pumps and doesn't even get all of them in the picture. Very poor system. She said nothing was on the tapes.

(I'll have to submit the pictures later. I don't have time to do it right now as wife wants to go to Costco and as a good husband, I am compelled to go. :doh:)

The problem (conflict) w/being on 6th & Simpson is that she would've (w/no known reason &/or contact w/anyone that we know of) turned back around and went back the way she came (6th) & then turned (left) onto maple - to be spotted between 5th & 6th on maple.

IMO that just doesn't make sense/add up.

IMO In order for her to be spotted between 5th & 6th on maple but then be heading toward Simpson she would've at least had to have went down 5th. (as SS indicated)

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3284/newmap04.png

& I'm pretty sure the witness spotted Lindsey on their way to work. Not from their own home.

Hi Jvk, Yes, if the witness was driving down Maple towards 3rd and saw Lindsey walking lindsey could have turned north or up on 5th to Simpson. No one saw her after that as we have heard.

We even have two times for her leaving her friends house, 9:15 and 9:30. Weren't the witness accounts having seen her around 9:15.

I really agree with SS that she had a bit of time to burn before cufew and even if it was longer, decided to go down Simpson to see what was going on in town. If it is true her sweater and shoe were found behind the city bldgs which would have been close to home, I think she was not noticed walking across 3rd and cutting back by the P & R, cutting across towards her house.

What I really think is LE has only put out there what they want the perp to know at this point. There is a reason for that like someone just said, to have info they can use in nailing him that only he would know the answer to. And I can see why they wouldn't want it out there about these 2 items being found. For one thing they are going to people to remember seeing her walking with her gray ss on. Saying that shirt was found on the ground might confuse people and they'd lose tips.

I also think they know much more than we realize. For instance they said they were going to revue any other cameras that might have caught her on video. They have never said anything else about that, and I know it doesn't take that long to revue especially when the head FBI hauncho is a computer expert!

It is so hard when we only know part of the story to try and make the pieces fit jvk. And I do appreciate all you are doing to help find answers. xox

Found an employment ad from March 25, 09 for the park.

https://fortress.wa.gov/esd/worksource/PrintJobDetail.aspx?JobID=1516270

JOB DESCRIPTION :< /b>
This entry level position assists the Lead Maintenance Ranger in performing work in the repair and maintenance of the Straddleline ORV Park facilities and grounds on the border of Thurston and Grays Harbor counties.

I also read about work parties formed in the spring to work on the place, volunteers from different riding organizations.

This could this be the position "A" held instead of the caretaker position. Sounds like they had no current caretaker which would explain why it was not mentioned in the Commisioner's minutes online

It sure looks like they want to keep it quiet to me! Whether it has anything to do with LB or not, he was in trouble for something. He was let go "suddenly", correct? Like it came as a shock to other employees? I wonder if the media person you contacted yesterday will be able to dig up the name? What ya think?

I really don't know. Did someone post yesterday about a disciplinary hearing coming up? If this man has nothing to do with Lindsey but has some other problem like DV or assult, the gal at the ORV park might want to completely disassociate the park having anything to do with her disappearance.

It is so odd. When I told her there were Sheriff officers and a search crew on site early yesterday morning headed up into the Forest she was surprised, saying she didn't know about that. It is odd because she is the manager and should know everyting that happens, right? Maybe she has been told to let out no info about him if he is involved in any kind of an investigation. Hmmmmmmm xox

Thanks so much Cyber, you are a goldmine, lol. I know I must be in the minority here...I just feel for some reason she went south rather than north...maybe it's the JM hinky thing...I can't explain it.
Where can she be? I wish I was there, I'd be opening every door, every abandoned building...is it hot there? Do these houses typically have a basement? She is somewhere!!

This could this be the position "A" held instead of the caretaker position. Sounds like they had no current caretaker which would explain why it was not mentioned in the Commisioner's minutes online

Thanks Boondock, Yes it could be Al was not a full fledged caretaker but an employee who did allot of the maintenance work the caretaker would do. She did not say no one had been suddenly let go. Only that I had misinformation on a caretaker being let go a bit over a week ago and then that they had lots of employees.

I hope I don't get in trouble for saying this, but I do not know that Kara is the best source. There have been too many different variations in her stories. This is JMO.

snipped for space...

Someone paid this dude... SOMEONE knows his last name LOL makes me just wanna :banghead:

Thanks for your hard work scandi :D

Don't suppose anybody wants to attend the next Gray's Harbor County Board Meeting. I know the employee disciplinary hearing is held in private. But how thick could the walls be? (Bring a glass.)

Don't suppose anybody wants to attend the next Gray's Harbor County Board Meeting. I know the employee disciplinary hearing is held in private. But how thick could the walls be? (Bring a glass.)

Haa Haa They'll be getting to know us down in Gray's Harbor. :innocent:

Off to work, drats, but will be here with bells on later. I hope our locals chime in again tonight. xox

She said there was a text going around that they had found Lindsey's body. So many people believed it, they started taking down the posters for her. Kara said they are now trying to get those back up.

I wonder if this "text" was in regards to the LE search on Larson st yesterday or if it was the rumor started a few weeks ago...

all these names....I thought he was the one we looked at last nite that was just transferred....imholt, imhoff, ugh

Is there anyway to find out if something was going on out at the racetrack the night Lindsey disappeared?
Were there out of towners around?
That racetrack has a strong following and the same folks follow the circuit to certain towns, just wondering if we should be looking at SO's from those other racetowns.

Post #231, Joseph Allen Imholt
Sorry, not sure how to link!

Guys I am posting this really fast to get it on the board while it's fresh in my memory, but I'll be gone for awhile. I wasn't planning on having any real new info to submit, just photos, but as life works in mysterious ways, read below.

Today I went down to the Shell station to get some pictures to help clear up some of what I had reported yesterday. I could hardly believe what happened next. It must have been fate. Guess who saw me taking pictures and walked up and introduced herself? Kara! (Kara as you recall is the mother of Lindsey's friend who sent her home that night.) So I introduced myself and told her where I lived and that I was taking pictures for a forum where we were discussing Lindsey's case. I told her there has been some speculation on the boards we were trying to clear up. She volunteered that she at first was blogging or posting on .com about the case, but later quit. (At least I think that is what she called the web site.) I wished I'd had a notepad with me, but I was totally unprepared for this chance encounter. The reason she stopped blogging/posting was because the kids were starting to read the forums and information about the family was coming out that they didn't want the kids to read. She did not elaborate on what that was and I didn't press her about it.

So needless to say I had a thousand questions. First off the hoodie and flipflops. She said they DID NOT find them as I was told by Shel last night. She said she thinks the confusion comes from the items the dogs were given to sniff.

So that lead to the next question, the scent trail. She said the dogs picked up her scent all over town because basically she in the previous days had been all over, so they don't give much credance to the scent information.

Kara said that herself and the woman from the Laura Recovery Center (can't remember her name, started with an A though) are told anytime the dogs go out searching and that they knew of no searches in the ORV park. However, they did say that LE was not being very cooperative with them.

I also asked about the other adults in the home. She said just her kids and boyfriend were there and not other adults as has been previously discussed.

So I asked about the pool too. It is NOT a kiddie pool like I reported last night. The pool they swam in is in a yard just SW of the shell station. It is one of the ones inflated with water that has the inflated ring on top. It looks to be about 12 to 15 ft in diameter and about 3 ft deep. The yard is very open. When I drove by I could see most of it. I did not drive around the block it was on because I needed to get back home and I was afraid I was going to forget all this info.

Some info on the woman from the Laura Recovery Center. She is from Oregon and her niece was taken in California some months ago. I think she said she is a volunteer here helping coordinate the search effort along with Kara. They are looking for a building or operations center here in McCleary. If anyone knows of one they can use, please let me know.

I would like to say that both Kara and the woman from the recovery center were very nice to talk to and they are trying to keep Lindsey's name out there and on people's lips. Don't think that will be a problem around here! ;)

Oh. I asked about the camera's at the Shell Station. Kara said the one camera on top doesn't work and the other one is pointed straight at the pumps and doesn't even get all of them in the picture. Very poor system. She said nothing was on the tapes.

(I'll have to submit the pictures later. I don't have time to do it right now as wife wants to go to Costco and as a good husband, I am compelled to go. :doh:)

:thumb:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back