WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norm, the shoes.. good eye. But Lindsey was wearing black cloth tennis shoes according to her webpage findlindsey.com

The ones you pointed out that JB is wearing are called "crocs" and are made of a plastic/rubber type material.

Also, I wonder if JB is ADHD, Autistic or something else that makes it so he doesn't act 'appropriately' in a setting like this.

i've only seen them together. either they are standing or sitting up in the bleachers....together.

OT question----does a member here have to have so many posts in before they have the pm feature? TIA!

You do have to have a certain number of posts, but I'm not sure how many.

i've only seen them together. either they are standing or sitting up in the bleachers....together.

OT question----does a member here have to have so many posts in before they have the pm feature? TIA!
In one photo, there is a person in a green shirt blurred and walking away from the bleachers so I can't tell if this is the woman or not.

Yes, keep posting!! :blowkiss:

I don't believe we are supposed to give specifics, but it is less than a hundred and more than 49. ;)

Norm, the shoes.. good eye. But Lindsey was wearing black cloth tennis shoes according to her webpage findlindsey.com

The ones you pointed out that JB is wearing are called "crocs" and are made of a plastic/rubber type material.

Also, I wonder if JB is ADHD, Autistic or something else that makes it so he doesn't act 'appropriately' in a setting like this.

I still have questions about the shoes and why KK insists they were slip ons that would fall off for sure in a struggle.
JB's age could be a big factor in why he may not seem to act appropriately. Very awkward age socially for a boy.

Thanks Jennifer, could you give me the link to the "black cloth tennis shoes" report, I can't recall hearing that the shoes were so specifically identified, thanks.
Sorry, I didn't register that link you gave, I'll check it out

I agree with you on JB, clearly he has some condition that may cause him to lose control even for what many would consider to be a minor incident.

Please excuse me if I seem lazy or forgetful...I am very hot and tired after a long day over here!

Cyber, can you please put your link on one of the pic threads? I can't find it and would like to refer to it. I don't even know which one was you now! :sad:

Dragonfly and KansasMama ~ don't think I said this yet and wanted to just welcome you to WS and this thread! You guys are awesome!

WELCOME.jpg
Do we need a Members' Photo Thread? I noticed we don't have one. If our resident photographers want to keep them separate...they are more than welcome to start their own threads instead! I know JVK does have one for his earlier trip to McCleary and Seventeen has one about the Bear Festival. We can keep those as is and start new ones for the latest photos...or whatever suits the photographers. (We want you to be happy and keep taking pics. :))

I still have questions about the shoes and why KK insists they were slip ons that would fall off for sure in a struggle.
JB's age could be a big factor in why he may not seem to act appropriately. Very awkward age socially for a boy.

Well my kids wear things like DC skater shoes.. and although they have laces they leave them loose so they can just slip them on and off. My son has a pair of low top Chuck Taylors with the laces removed so they slip on and off easily.

I know the other day when I was out shoe shopping with my teenage emo boys.. I saw some shoes that looked like Chuck Taylors but they didn't have a back to them.

Or it could have been a pair of Vans (no laces, just slip on) style shoes.

K is younger than he is and she knew enough to stand either beside or behind her mother instead of standing there facing them as they were speaking. This doesn't strike me as an age thing, but he did appear to be uncomfortable.

Jennifer, I'm not having much luck with the "findlindsey.com " and description of the shoes. I just copied and pasted your link and got nothing, so do you have another link that is more complete? I'm certainly not saying the link doesn't exist, I just, in my dummy phase, need some help locating it, thanks!

K is younger than he is and she knew enough to stand either beside or behind her mother instead of standing there facing them as they were speaking. This doesn't strike me as an age thing, but he did appear to be uncomfortable.

At that age, my son was quite awkward and seemed to have no concept of where to stand (like he'd stand between two people talking or stand in an area that wasn't appropriate.) I'm just saying I'm not sure his postures, way of speaking, etc., can really be used effectively to judge anything about him.
Not saying other things can't, if you get my drift.

I work with child counsellors in my profession as a teacher, and we have one of the most amazing child councellors, imo. I worked with him relative to a child about the same age as JB, and this young teen would one day be amazingly kind, helpful, and willing to follow instructions just to help out, and another day the result would be the complete opposite. I'm sure that everyone here understands this quick change thing, triggering a response that is negative for what appears to be no reason. Could this sort of thing relate to a person like JB, who has demonstrated negative activity to the point that he is sent to "juvie" and from LB's comment in myspace she may well have been a victim (for lack of a euphemism) of these scenarios.

I want so much to dismiss JB but can't

Jennifer, I'm not having much luck with the "findlindsey.com " and description of the shoes. I just copied and pasted your link and got nothing, so do you have another link that is more complete? I'm certainly not saying the link doesn't exist, I just, in my dummy phase, need some help locating it, thanks!

Sorry, I was talking on the phone while posting. Multi tasking is not my forte. lol

http://www.findlindseybaum.com/

I know what I forgot to ask, and sorry if this has been covered.. but who led the vigil last night? Was it WW again or someone different?

I believe I read that it was the minister of the local community church, and he spent most of the time on the mic throughout

For the most part, the vigil was very quiet. I didn't catch who the speaker was, but he held the mic a majority of the time. My wife said she thought he was the pastor of the church. Lindsey's Mom spoke, KK, MK, her girl scout leader, and other's from the community took turns at the mic. It mostly consisted of well wishes and that Lindsey return home.

Posted in #652 of the last thread by cyberswept

Anyway, over and out, your posts in the vigil thread are inspirational to say the least, it drives me personally to find more.

For the most part, the vigil was very quiet. I didn't catch who the speaker was, but he held the mic a majority of the time. My wife said she thought he was the pastor of the church. Lindsey's Mom spoke, KK, MK, her girl scout leader, and other's from the community took turns at the mic. It mostly consisted of well wishes and that Lindsey return home.

Posted in #652 of the last thread by cyberswept

Aww.. ok. Thanks.

I wish Cyber would come back! I have some questions for him! LOL I guess he is busy keeping Mrs. Cybersweptoffherfeet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther