WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is your choice. :) We want our resident photographers to be happy. I think the problem was having to find the link again and again or having to ask you for it every time. However, if you don't mind the inconvenience...we will keep asking. LOL (Or we could keep it up and repost the photos there if we find some which are of particular interest.)

By the time this case is over...our threads will have threads. ;)

No, it's ok the way she did it. That way the link to the photos is always on top. I assume Kimster did that anyway. :)

No, it's ok the way she did it. That way the link to the photos is always on top. I assume Kimster did that anyway. :)

I just bookmarked everyones photobucket accounts for ease of finding them. But having a thread with the link in the first post will be handy for those who don't bookmark it.

Ya know, a 13 year old kid hauling around a wheelbarrow to play with, not really all that odd.

A socially awkward 13 year old boy with an odd level of silence, detachment and seemingly violent outbursts, that just happens to push a wheelbarrow around...now that is a bit disturbing.

That reminds me...where does that creek go by the park and ride? The photo showed the fencing and a large culvert type cement thing...so does the water actually run underneath the parking lot from there? Where does it go out? How far does it flow underneath the street? Did they do a complete search of that creek enough to insure she is not stuck under there somewhere out of view a few feet inside?

Hey...Eyes...do you realize that JVK and the staff of the nursing center were the ones to "clear" the cottages/rooms on the outside where one door was hanging and open? This tells me that LE's searches were not as thorough as they should have been with a missing child to be found. It wouldn't take a member of Mensa to be able to hide a body well enough not to be found by LE if they are not looking in the right place. Stupid criminals get away with hiding bodies all the time...go look in our UID section.

That reminds me...where does that creek go by the park and ride? The photo showed the fencing and a large culvert type cement thing...so does the water actually run underneath the parking lot from there? Where does it go out? How far does it flow underneath the street? Did they do a complete search of that creek enough to insure she is not stuck under there somewhere out of view a few feet inside?

Hey...Eyes...do you realize that JVK and the staff of the nursing center were the ones to "clear" the cottages/rooms on the outside where one door was hanging and open? This tells me that LE's searches were not as thorough as they should have been with a missing child to be found. It wouldn't take a member of Mensa to be able to hide a body well enough not to be found by LE if they are not looking in the right place. Stupid criminals get away with hiding bodies all the time...go look in our UID section.

I couldn't see where that emptied out to SS. I didn't try to follow it out though.

Ah. You know that was something that KK mentioned that I forgot to mention. My bad. She said that LE had not been very thorough, not as thorough as they claimed. She said there were houses along Maple that hadn't even been looked at.

I couldn't see where that emptied out to SS. I didn't try to follow it out though.

Ah. You know that was something that KK mentioned that I forgot to mention. My bad. She said that LE had not been very thorough, not as thorough as they claimed. She said there were houses along Maple that hadn't even been looked at.
:trout:

Now...See! I bet they didn't search that water, under the bridge, or that area either! Those weeds had not been bent over and didn't appear "searched" to me. I know. I know. There I go with that bridge thing again. LOL

If they haven't searched around some of the houses on Maple...there is something wrong. I am praying someone for Gosh sakes will tell MB she NEEDS to call Texas Equusearch personally for them to respond. They will normally only respond to a request from the family. This little girl needs the professional search teams out there to complete the job.

does the water actually run underneath the parking lot from there? Where does it go out? How far does it flow underneath the street? Did they do a complete search of that creek enough to insure she is not stuck under there somewhere out of view a few feet inside?

Excellent question.

:thumb:

The bridge itself is nearly too short in width to accidentally miss looking underneath it. However the under the street part is a very good question.

FYI: 'blown away' (possibly blownaway) had been waiting for approval of his account & might have some information to share (McCleary local) (cyber & i met him)

Excellent question.

:thumb:

I tried to peer down in there and it looks like a fairly small opening. You'd really have to work to drag someone in there. Also if the foliage is not tramped down from searchers, then it wasn't trampled down from someone dragging a body in there either. I would imagine that when the searchers went through, they were looking for signs of recent activity and when they didn't see any, moved on.

I mean if you came across a tall field of grass and could see no one walked through it, you might pass it by in your hurry to search more areas. You shouldn't, but you might as time is of the essence.

I agree. if the vegetation didn't look disturbed i would probably move on.

I tried to peer down in there and it looks like a fairly small opening. You'd really have to work to drag someone in there. Also if the foliage is not tramped down from searchers, then it wasn't trampled down from someone dragging a body in there either. I would imagine that when the searchers went through, they were looking for signs of recent activity and when they didn't see any, moved on.

I mean if you came across a tall field of grass and could see no one walked through it, you might pass it by in your hurry to search more areas. You shouldn't, but you might as time is of the essence.

Well, now that they know Lindsey isn't in any of the places they have looked, it's time to thoroughly search that town -- creeks, drainage pipes, outbuilding, vacant buildings, old refrigerators, metal drums, trash piles, old appliances, bushy areas, etc. We saw all those things in the pics and much of it looked undisturbed. I heard LE on a news program asking residents to check their outbuildings, but, of course that is not going to help if the resident put her in one of them.
I don't want to make anyone sad, but I think it's time for cadaver dogs to go through that town thoroughly, too.

I suspect cadaver dogs might be a bit in/accurate around Beehive.

Also that creek has hardly any bank to it. You'd literally have to walk in the creek itself and it's a tangle of fallen branches and other growth. I looked at it pretty good and you would have a hard time getting through there. The reason it is fenced off is because it is so steep there. It's a good 8 foot drop into the creek. Anyone doing this would have had soaked shoes. You wouldn't dare go barefooted in there.

As a matter of fact, I tried to get a shot down along the creek from the fenced area and it was just to dense to really see very far.

long day in mccleary...will post tomorrow...no big bombshells...sorry...night all

Also that creek has hardly any bank to it. You'd literally have to walk in the creek itself and it's a tangle of fallen branches and other growth. I looked at it pretty good and you would have a hard time getting through there. The reason it is fenced off is because it is so steep there. It's a good 8 foot drop into the creek. Anyone doing this would have had soaked shoes. You wouldn't dare go barefooted in there.

As a matter of fact, I tried to get a shot down along the creek from the fenced area and it was just to dense to really see very far.

I hope someone searched in that tangle of branches and growth!

I noticed on the park side of the bridge on the right there appeared to be an area where it looked like either erosion or a place where kids may have made a pathway down to the water. IIRC, the folliage was gone and so you wouldn't be able to tell in that area. (This was JVK's photo)

I don't think soaked shoes would have been any big deal to explain around McCleary with all the fishing places around town.

I wonder how deep the water was during the time she went missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59