WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone missed it in Saturday's WW, Internet detectives ferret out clues in Mackenzie Cowell case

Thought this was an interesting tidbit from the timeline in the sidebar, "Officials have said there was a single set of footprints around the car."

Around the car .... hmmm. Does this indicate that the person who ditched the car walked around it before departing?

They might have walked around it to wipe their finger prints from the door handles?

Your friend's dream reminded me that the night MC disappeared, there was a call from the RR in Cashmere that a female was sitting on the tracks at around 7:12 pm. There was a bit of talk about this report waaaaaay back, but it was pretty much dismissed, since it was in Cashmere. Odd report, in any event. I'd be curious to know what responding LE found out when/if they made contact with the girl.

http://www.mansontribune.com/content/view/1435/2/

I'm sure it wasn't MC, or they'd have put it together by now. Still, it's frustrating that there's so much info we just don't have!

From Wenatchee, the RR tracks run north along the west side of the Columbia, through Entiat and Chelan Falls. There may be a point where they cross the river farther up north, but I'm just not sure where or if they do.

Going the other way, the rails go through Cashmere, Leavenworth... not sure if they branch off in any other direction.

I looked for a rail map, and got a promising link on the Chelan County Public Works site, but the URL doesn't work for me. :banghead:

I googled Wenatchee maps of railroad tracks in the wee hours this morning and zoomed in and followed the tracks through lower Sunnyslope until my eyes crossed! I just need to get in the car and drive it. Will try to find earlier addresses also. Just speculating.

*here are some point form tidbits of potential pertinent info that has NOT been proven fact, yet the persons who brought them to our attention have FIRST HAND information, or better... (in no particular order)
-Mackenzie was at car wash with a male passenger
-there is more video of Mackenzie and a male passenger
-park/dock area IS used for drug transactions
-spec house was searched at least on one occasion with crime scene vehicle present
-a new vehicle was purchased for JF, but BEFORE murder took place
-Mackenzie was calling Lowe's in the days prior to her murder from her cell
What have I missed...

QUESTIONS AND CONJECTURE FOLLOW:
  • How did LE become aware of the Lowe's equipment theft scheme?
  • Did MC's historical cell phone records and the last ping (~5:42 pm) of MC's phone direct LE to investigate in Lowe's?
  • With whom at Lowe's did MC speak? Topics?
  • What overall monetary value (previous and projected) could be placed on the stolen items from Lowe's? Enough to 'justify' murder?
  • How was the stolen merchandise 'sold'?
  • Did MC ever transport the merchandise in her car?
  • Was MC's car washed to remove fingerprints on every merchandise move day?
  • How much was everyone paid?
  • Did MC threaten to reveal the scheme if she was not paid the money that was promised / owed to her?
Maybe it's that simple?

• Did MC's historical cell phone records and the last ping (~5:42 pm) of MC's phone direct LE to investigate in Lowe's?
  • What overall monetary value (previous and projected) could be placed on the stolen items from Lowe's? Enough to 'justify' murder?
  • Did MC threaten to reveal the scheme if she was not paid the money that was promised / owed to her?
Maybe it's that simple?

LE became aware of the equipment theft because of in store security cameras. To the best of my knowledge, LE has made no public connection between MC and the Lowes theft. The only connection has been speculation. There is an official report that LE made a trip to a local home improvement store. Again, the connection between the theft and the LE making a trip to a local home improvement store is speculation. They could be unrelated events?

They might have walked around it to wipe their finger prints from the door handles?

Just keep watching WW. They will edit that if it was just an "oops". Also, the homeowner that called in the vehicle did go and check it out because they knew there were "childrens" clothes in the back seat".

Hmmmmmmmm...............I did think that was a little odd when I read that. MC was not a child, so to speak, and there is a difference between what a young woman would wear and keep in her car, such as work out clothes, etc. vs childrens clothing. Could this relate to my friends dream with 2 young children in the back seat? Did MC possibly actually have childrens' clothing in the back seat that she was delivering somewhere? Did she have other things that she participated in besides the dance club? Maybe we should dig into the childrens clothing thing. Could that be the evidence that LE did find in the car? Initially they didn't think there was any evidence, but did decide there was later. Maybe that is significant! Just speculating.

Well, that answers my question. I had thought there were grates there and have read about at least one body being found against the grates. So, I think that initially, because of where she was found and the condition, the initial reactions and thoughts were of the dam.

So, back to somebody with a lot of anger towards her.

Or someone with a lot of anger toward someone in her life that the killer wanted to make a point to?

I believe it was asked on thread 4 but was never answered. I can't remember who asked first, so forgive me for stealing your question, but when they say that their was no sexual assault does that mean there was no sex at all.... even consensual?

I have asked that same question and I'm thinking it's quite possible that they do have DNA evidence, but that she was not raped. speculation.

I find MC's phone calls to Lowe's somewhat unbelievable. Most kids/young adults have cell phones. If MC was calling someone at Lowe's and it was personal business, why didn't she just call that person's cell phone? Calling Lowe's means calling the front desk, asking for the department, or in this case, the person, having it broadcast across the store for soandso to pick up line whatever.

I think this is even more unbelievable if it had anything at all to do with the person that was stealing merchandise. Why would you call the store phone to make arrangements to haul stuff away? Why wouldn't you use your cell phone so you could move to a quiet, private location to talk?

If they were business calls, I can't begin to guess what kind of business Mackenzie might have had with Lowe's that would require so many phone calls?

Just weird, in my opinion. Could be true, it just doesn't make a lot of sense at the moment.

Salem

Anyone have any information on the clothing found in the car? Sizes?

Just keep watching WW. They will edit that if it was just an "oops". Also, the homeowner that called in the vehicle did go and check it out because they knew there were "childrens" clothes in the back seat".

Hmmmmmmmm...............I did think that was a little odd when I read that. MC was not a child, so to speak, and there is a difference between what a young woman would wear and keep in her car, such as work out clothes, etc. vs childrens clothing. Could this relate to my friends dream with 2 young children in the back seat? Did MC possibly actually have childrens' clothing in the back seat that she was delivering somewhere? Did she have other things that she participated in besides the dance club? Maybe we should dig into the childrens clothing thing. Could that be the evidence that LE did find in the car? Initially they didn't think there was any evidence, but did decide there was later. Maybe that is significant! Just speculating.

CONJECTURE:

Expanding on that track ... maybe MC is not the one who placed those particular (childrens') clothing items in the car?

PROBABLITY:

No, I expect the people who reported the car as suspicious misidentified the clothing as 'childrens' clothes.

If so, we might conclude MC never made it to the gym, at least not for in a work-out capacity ... she never changed in to her 'childrens' clothes.

Maybe it's that simple?

I wish I could tell you exactly what I was told about the theft, but I don't want to get anyone in trouble. From the details I heard about the theft ring I would be very surprised if they were related. While the paper only lists one person, there were others involved. Theft rings go on all the time in retail stores. I witnessed a HUGE one at my last place of employment. Yes, the guy was an idiot and a selfish jerk, but he was in no way capable of murder. He just thought he had a fool proof plan and wouldn't get caught. I really believe that is what this kid thought too and that it is just coincidence that they occurred around the same time. If we pulled up all of the crimes that have happened lately I am sure we could "dream up" possible connections somehow, but the chances of them being linked is probably slim to none. JMO

If we find out they are linked I will apologize to those who think they are and buy you a round! :toast:

I sort of figured since MC was so thin/tiny and because of her activities, they might have just been her clothes. Dance and workout gear is typically made of Lycra/Spandex, and appears much smaller when it isn't on. We know she attended dance team rehearsal and Gold's Gym.

When my husband does laundry (bless his heart), he often puts my workout gear in my 12yo daughter's basket, thinking the clothes are hers.

CONJECTURE:

Expanding on that track ... maybe MC is not the one who placed those particular (childrens') clothing items in the car?

PROBABLITY:

No, I expect the people who reported the car as suspicious misidentified the clothing as 'childrens' clothes.

If so, we might conclude MC never made it to the gym, at least not for in a work-out capacity ... she never changed in to her 'childrens' clothes.

Also, her close friends have said that she "lived out of her car". Lots of shoes, etc. I imagine sweaters or hoodies, books, papers, trash, etc."
Just remembering what my kids cars always looked like when they were in school! Still, she was 5'8" tall! Not exactly child sized clothing. Maybe something.......maybe nothing. Speculation

LE became aware of the equipment theft because of in store security cameras. To the best of my knowledge, LE has made no public connection between MC and the Lowes theft. The only connection has been speculation. There is an official report that LE made a trip to a local home improvement store. Again, the connection between the theft and the LE making a trip to a local home improvement store is speculation. They could be unrelated events?

I know this for a fact because their trip to Lowes affected my daily schedule. When the person explained to me what was going on their exact words were "The FBI had questions about tools and then we have a whole other mess going on." (referring to the theft) To me that implies that they are unrelated.... But I am often wrong :)

I wish I could tell you exactly what I was told about the theft, but I don't want to get anyone in trouble. From the details I heard about the theft ring I would be very surprised if they were related. While the paper only lists one person, there were others involved. Theft rings go on all the time in retail stores. I witnessed a HUGE one at my last place of employment. Yes, the guy was an idiot and a selfish jerk, but he was in no way capable of murder. He just thought he had a fool proof plan and wouldn't get caught. I really believe that is what this kid thought too and that it is just coincidence that they occurred around the same time. If we pulled up all of the crimes that have happened lately I am sure we could "dream up" possible connections somehow, but the chances of them being linked is probably slim to none. JMO

If we find out they are linked I will apologize to those who think they are and buy you a round! :toast:

Nice.........!

I sort of figured since MC was so thin/tiny and because of her activities, they might have just been her clothes. Dance and workout gear is typically made of Lycra/Spandex, and appears much smaller when it isn't on. We know she attended dance team rehearsal and Gold's Gym.

When my husband does laundry (bless his heart), he often puts my workout gear in my 12yo daughter's basket, thinking the clothes are hers.

True dat. Plus.......it was a guy reporting the car and the clothes in the back seat........:)

I find MC's phone calls to Lowe's somewhat unbelievable. Most kids/young adults have cell phones. If MC was calling someone at Lowe's and it was personal business, why didn't she just call that person's cell phone? Calling Lowe's means calling the front desk, asking for the department, or in this case, the person, having it broadcast across the store for soandso to pick up line whatever.

I think this is even more unbelievable if it had anything at all to do with the person that was stealing merchandise. Why would you call the store phone to make arrangements to haul stuff away? Why wouldn't you use your cell phone so you could move to a quiet, private location to talk?

If they were business calls, I can't begin to guess what kind of business Mackenzie might have had with Lowe's that would require so many phone calls?

Just weird, in my opinion. Could be true, it just doesn't make a lot of sense at the moment.

Salem

I don't think the Mac and Lowe's events are related, HOWEVER she could still have been calling someone there who ultimately could be involved in this. I find it strange that none of her friends knew who she was talking to there.
Also, as far as employees using their cell phone in the store, perhaps they have a "no cell phone" policy for employees. That said, I was at Home Depot yesterday and was getting a piece of wood cut. When I realized I forgot to write down the depth of the wood measurement, I tried to call home on my cell phone and could not get any reception until I walked out of the big garage type doors... SO, maybe she had no choice but to call the store and get transfered.

For some reason, this case has TOTALLY disturbed me. I live in WA, and am very familiar with Wenatchee and CB--my dad owns a house there. Anyway, i was browsing other "sites" and came upon this one.

MacKenzie Cowell 17, [BODY FOUND] Msg 2/10/09 Orondo, WA - Help Find The Missing

I don't think it has anything you guys don't already have, however, if someone wants to browse, it has a lot of info on WC b/f. For those of you documenting all the info, let me know if this helps you at all. Take care and GREAT JOB EVERYONE. I am thinking/hoping we have an arrest this week sometime....

babynurse789

In case anyone missed it in Saturday's WW, Internet detectives ferret out clues in Mackenzie Cowell case

Thought this was an interesting tidbit from the timeline in the sidebar, "Officials have said there was a single set of footprints around the car."

Around the car .... hmmm. Does this indicate that the person who ditched the car walked around it before departing?

Possible reasons for a single set of footprints to be around the car:
1. Wipe finger prints off of door handles (already suggested).
2. Check to make sure doors are locked.
3. Check to see if doors are unlocked if keys were accidentally left in.
4. If the one doing the walking is an obsessive/compulsive type, perhaps just double-checking to make sure that no incriminating evidence is left inside.

All just speculation of course.

I don't think the Mac and Lowe's events are related, HOWEVER she could still have been calling someone there who ultimately could be involved in this. I find it strange that none of her friends knew who she was talking to there.
Also, as far as employees using their cell phone in the store, perhaps they have a "no cell phone" policy for employees. That said, I was at Home Depot yesterday and was getting a piece of wood cut. When I realized I forgot to write down the depth of the wood measurement, I tried to call home on my cell phone and could not get any reception until I walked out of the big garage type doors... SO, maybe she had no choice but to call the store and get transfered.

You are correct on the no cell phone policy. Phones are supposed to be kept in lockers unless something has changed within the past year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79