WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
[respectfully snipped] That said, I was at Home Depot yesterday and was getting a piece of wood cut. When I realized I forgot to write down the depth of the wood measurement, I tried to call home on my cell phone and could not get any reception until I walked out of the big garage type doors... SO, maybe she had no choice but to call the store and get transfered.

Do you know if Home Depots have metal roofs? If so, I 'think' the metal roofing can inhibit the use of getting a cell phone signal.

Can anyone confirm or refute, as I'm not certain?

Originally Posted by Salem
I find MC's phone calls to Lowe's somewhat unbelievable. Most kids/young adults have cell phones. If MC was calling someone at Lowe's and it was personal business, why didn't she just call that person's cell phone? Calling Lowe's means calling the front desk, asking for the department, or in this case, the person, having it broadcast across the store for soandso to pick up line whatever.

I think this is even more unbelievable if it had anything at all to do with the person that was stealing merchandise. Why would you call the store phone to make arrangements to haul stuff away? Why wouldn't you use your cell phone so you could move to a quiet, private location to talk?

If they were business calls, I can't begin to guess what kind of business Mackenzie might have had with Lowe's that would require so many phone calls?

Just weird, in my opinion. Could be true, it just doesn't make a lot of sense at the moment.

Salem

quote]

What if MC's calls were designed to be a 'distraction' .. to occupy a specifc employee on the phone while the 'thief' did his deed?

Could you link me to the site?

http://stephaniefryphotography.squarespace.com/blog/2010/2/23/samantha-portrait-session.html

The link to her gallery is here.

http://www.stephaniefryphotography.com/#/gallery-seniors/

Here's a screenshot from youtube of the close-up:

mack1.jpg

And here's a blown-up image of that. Even as low-quality as youtube is, you can clearly see the difference in the pixelation around her teeth and smile.

mackps.jpg

mac2ps.jpg

Inverse image:

mackpsinverse.jpg

Sorry I'm just now getting back to you... I'm in and out on the tractor today, doing some boxblading.

Does it say if any family members participated in the walk??

No, doesn't say.

What I posted earlier in the thread is all that was said in the article. Just several sentences.

The combination of a beating and knifing- possible rumored dismemberment attempt- and the body being outside in the elements from Tuesday thru Saturday would have componded the poor condition of the body.

The statements about the poor condition of the body lead me to believe it was placed at CB Tuesday night.

The statements by LE regarding the CB property as a crime scene leads me ton believe she may have been killed there as well.

I know a lot of this has been discussed earlier. I'm just chiming in and reconfirming what several already think, I'm pretty sure.

I agree... I really think that she was placed there Tuesday night. And something went down at that house, whether it was her actual murder or the perps cleaning up after putting her there. JMO.

In case anyone missed it in Saturday's WW, Internet detectives ferret out clues in Mackenzie Cowell case

Thought this was an interesting tidbit from the timeline in the sidebar, "Officials have said there was a single set of footprints around the car."

Around the car .... hmmm. Does this indicate that the person who ditched the car walked around it before departing?

The task force spokesman said that the footprints were from the car to the asphalt. If you look at the timeline on the first page of this thread, it's linked in the Feb 9 part of the thread.

I have asked that same question and I'm thinking it's quite possible that they do have DNA evidence, but that she was not raped. speculation.

They do have DNA evidence. It was sent to the state crime lab. I think that they're waiting on that to be returned before they make an arrest.

HERE:

Smith said investigators are expecting information from two state crime labs — the fingerprint lab and the DNA lab. Evidence sent to the two labs was collected from the location where the teenager’s body was found Feb. 13 at Crescent Bar, and from her car, which was found abandoned Feb. 9 near the end of the paved road in Pitcher Canyon south of Wenatchee.

Very interesting pictures. http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20318&page=4

Notice the back hoe in the one shot of the CB house. Back hoe was mentioned in the dream.

I'm wondering if MC had been in that house before. If she had ever lived there or spent time there on vacation? Wondering if it has been remodeled at some point?

Notice also from satellite images of address on Lindwood that there appears to be a boat in the drive way. Also, appears that JF did have a business by the name of "Well Hung Drywall" on Glendale Ave in E. Wenatchee.

Can someone explain to me the correlation between the washing of her vehicle at the car wash and the print removal? Why would this be done before the crime was committed? Even if his goal was to remove prints on the outside of her vehicle, what does he think is happening to all his prints on the inside? Am I missing something?

I really think that they went through the car wash to either buy & sell drugs or do them. I'm thinking weed but who knows. This is all IMO, and isn't a fact but it really makes the most sense to me. I knew a lot of people in high school that did that.

They do have DNA evidence. It was sent to the state crime lab. I think that they're waiting on that to be returned before they make an arrest.

HERE:

Smith said investigators are expecting information from two state crime labs — the fingerprint lab and the DNA lab. Evidence sent to the two labs was collected from the location where the teenager’s body was found Feb. 13 at Crescent Bar, and from her car, which was found abandoned Feb. 9 near the end of the paved road in Pitcher Canyon south of Wenatchee.

Yes, but we were wondering if they had DNA samples in the way of semen DNA..........even though it has been reported that she was NOT raped.
Speculation

I hope this isn't considered off topic .... :angel:

Some of you have inquired about the Forensic Astrology forum, as to what they do.

I think this single post will give those of you that are curious a little insight as to what their capabilities are, with regard to forensic astrology (even though it is not about Mackenzie).

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - CASE BRIEFINGS only

There have been requests posted for a chart to be done on Mackenzie; but we have to be patient, as they are busy people with real lives outside of Websleuths. :innocent:

HERE:

I wonder how long before the analysis from the two labs is complete. I found this information at the following link - http://www.komonews.com/news/local/81938347.html

"Testing for DNA on average takes two months. Fingerprint exams take about 47 days. Microanalysis - looking at fibers, shoe prints and other evidence - can take about five months."...
and...
"Still, the backlog at the labs regularly delays investigations and charging decisions, Roe said.

Walk Raises Money for Mackenzie Reward Fund

A group of about 20 people participated in a Sunday walk to raise money for a reward fund in the Mackenzie Cowell murder case.

The afternoon walk began in Wenatchee Riverfront Park and continued all the way around the Apple Capital Recreation Loop Trail.

March 8 Wenatchee World

Does anyone know if her family was at this walk?

I really think that they went through the car wash to either buy & sell drugs or do them. I'm thinking weed but who knows. This is all IMO, and isn't a fact but it really makes the most sense to me. I knew a lot of people in high school that did that.

Strictly my hunch, but I think in this case a car wash may have just been a car wash... which is why I also speculate that MC did NOT drive her car up the dusty PC road - she wouldn't have driven her newly-washed car up a road that would have covered it in dirt and dust. JMO, of course.

Yes, but we were wondering if they had DNA samples in the way of semen DNA..........even though it has been reported that she was NOT raped.
Speculation

Could be semen, but it could also be skin scrapings from under her nails (if she scratched/fought off killer) or blood evidence that wasn't hers (from injuries the killer may have sustained during/after the act) or hairs found on her clothing that weren't hers, or...

Very interesting pictures. http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20318&page=4

Notice the back hoe in the one shot of the CB house. Back hoe was mentioned in the dream.

I'm wondering if MC had been in that house before. If she had ever lived there or spent time there on vacation? Wondering if it has been remodeled at some point?

Notice also from satellite images of address on Lindwood that there appears to be a boat in the drive way. Also, appears that JF did have a business by the name of "Well Hung Drywall" on Glendale Ave in E. Wenatchee.

As far as I know, there was an owner of that property and they had the double wide on it. If you look at the pictures of the inside, they aren't that nice but it is a manufactored home so I doubt it would be remodeled.

The owner did not rent it out as far as I know and they put it up for sale before it went into foreclosure so I can't see this being a possibility.

Does anyone know if her family was at this walk?

I don't think so, Melissa, but there's no way to know. The article's author didn't give much info at all.

I'd guess that they weren't there, mostly because they've completely avoided the media and talking to anyone, with the one exception being their attendance at the memorial.

The passenger,in MC's car, at the car wash might be someone who has changed his appearance since that day. Whether or not LE knows Passengers's identity, they may be still looking for him, and can't find him because he looks different, now, than he did on Feb. 9. Maybe MC just met Passenger on the internet, and thought she could trust him?

[respectfully snipped] Also, appears that JF did have a business by the name of "W*** H*** Drywall" on Glendale Ave in E. Wenatchee.

I've previously posted that I'd sleuthed this business out and from what I gathered, JF does not, did not, and may never have been connected with this particular business. The licensing information showed another individual as being the 'sole proprietor' of that business, that is no longer licensed (as of 2007).

https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/bpdLicenseQuery/
and
http://dor.wa.gov/content/doingbusiness/registermybusiness/brd/

I redacted the business name to protect the innocent.

BTW, if you google that drywall business name - it appears to be a rather common name for drywall businesses. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhereIsRuthClerveau