WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
girlfawkes, on foot? sounds rough but could be done with out some one seeing you on other roads

Same thing happened to me today at the boat launch. We visited the boat launch today. It was a very weird atmosphere! Towards the entrance it looked like a LE guy in a white van with tinted windows was watching who came and left. After parking I noticed a guy in a truck parked by the restrooms. I went to the restrooms and he was watching me the whole time. Kind of made me uncomfortable. After that I sat in the car while my daughter took some pics for her photo class. She walked down to the boat launch. Then the guy in the truck drove a circle around my car and looked at me like what the hell was I doing there. We were glad to leave.

Yikes! If they were there to monitor drug activity........now that they know it happens..........way to be discreet! :)

VDD was in jail at the time of MC's disappearance. It was confirmed by a reporter, and published, on the WW website.

ETA: In the comment section, where the discussion was going on and consequently those comments were deleted.

I am new here and eta? Edited to add? Which part? I am confused by confirmed by a reporter but in the comment section that was deleted. I was pretty diligent about reading the comment section but could have missed it. I only remember someone on here saying they talked to VDD to confirm. To me that is still hearsay. Do you have the link to the WW? I am one of those people that need to see it for themselves to believe it...

As there are a number of new guests and members here, I thought I'd throw out another RUMOR I've heard numerous times that has come from sources within completely different demographics:

The person MC met with was associated with Facebook, it was also said that it was someone from the west side. Tacoma was mentioned, as well as "new boyfriend." Any other info out there regarding this RUMOR?

YES, I heard Tacoma, too. I was waiting for someone else to mention it. I heard that rumor immediately after the discovery of the body at CB. There were other rumors I heard, too. I can't repeat them at this time.

has anyone checked mc's fb friends to see if anyone fits the tacoma rumor? wait...does anyone know if he's a minor first off? don't want to be sleuthing any minors...:waitasec:

Snipped from article Posted: Monday, Mar 08, 2010 - 04:06:11 pm PST:

Investigators have no suspects.

Yikes! If they were there to monitor drug activity........now that they know it happens..........way to be discreet! :)

Way to be discreet? I'm wondering why you are asking that? No offense...
It did not feel like a monitoring of drug activity. It was different than that. The guy in the truck was not LE. There were four other people there also. Maybe the atmosphere had something to do with this post I read when I got home. MOO

My sources' source (if that is even possible!) thinks there will be a dive team at the boat dock. Possibly tomorrow? So I guess we're about to see how reliable my sources' source is. Again, this is not my source. It's his source. (just so I'm not totally to blame if it doesn't happen...!)

Since I am a few pages behind on reading maybe this has already been answered so excuse me if it is duplicate info.

The address of that call was 707 Okanogan St. Chelan. It is the address of MC's grandparents. All of this was discussed in either thread 1 or 2. IIRC It had nothing to do with the case.

Also, there has been some more talk of the girl on the railroad tracks in Cashmere. It state it was someone upset about a suicide the previous weekend. Again - not relevant to the case.

Just trying to get caught up so again excuse me if i duplicated anything.

I guess I need to know why it isn't connected before I can put it to rest. It's a pretty big coincidence!

Way to be discreet? I'm wondering why you are asking that? No offense...
It did not feel like a monitoring of drug activity. It was different than that. The guy in the truck was not LE. There were four other people there also. Maybe the atmosphere had something to do with this post I read when I got home. MOO

Ahhhhhhhhh! I was thinking it was LE monitoring drug activity! DOH!

YES, I heard Tacoma, too. I was waiting for someone else to mention it. I heard that rumor immediately after the discovery of the body at CB. There were other rumors I heard, too. I can't repeat them at this time.

Based upon the RUMOR cited, I've been looking over MC's Facebook friend list. There's only one male I can spot as listing Tacoma as his "Current City." I don't know if he's a minor or not, so I'm not even going to put his initials here, but he lists himself as in a relationship with a (in my eye, very) young woman.

It's also been rumored that more than one (or more) person/people has dropped off MC's FB friend list, any of which may also have been from Tacoma.

I feel a little silly scouring links based upon rumors, but we don't have much else.

FWIW, my gut says it's someone closer to home. No firm reasoning for that; just a hunch.

I think Puyallup?

And Pierce county

Puyallup is just outside of Tacoma... kind of an "outskirt" if you will. And I can see if you were explaining to someone that you were from "puyallup" how you may use "Tacoma" instead... kind of like Crescent Bar may be described as outside of Quincy or whatever....

I have been reading both the WW and the WS sites and as a mother I have not been able to get Mackenzie's murder out of my head. Something like this is just not supposed to happen your child and my heart goes out to her family.

With that said, I'd like to offer some thoughts that may or may not have been considered. First, is it possible that Mackenzie was pregnant? A woman's chance of being murdered by a boyfriend, lover or husband is highest when she is pregnant.

Second, the CB location and the background of her Senior pictures look very similar. Is it possible her Senior pictures were taken at CB?

Third, LE place MCs cell phone at the boat launch, not necessarily MC. If it were not her texting from that site, the text "hey" and its response take on a totally different meaning.

Finally, and maybe it is because I believe that there are at least two people involved and at least one of them is female, and someone she knew, I couldn't help noticing differences in behavior, emotion and other things in pictures taken of her peers from various WW articles. Maybe I'm just overly suspicious, but if you look carefully at some of these pictures there are individuals that stand out.

Your points have been discussed and I think no one decided that MC was pregnant...but no one decided she wasn't, either.
The senior picture location was discussed.. I think...it was decided pictures were taken at the Orondo golf course.
The text messages have been discussed, too. Maybe the "hey" was someone using MC's phone?

I am going to study the pictures you mention. thanks.

Here are two links to WW on VDD. Notice the difference in age...Weird

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/05/news-of-record/
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2009/oct/26/news-of-record/

I think the first link sort of infers that he was in jail at the time of her disappearance.

I happened to be in the same location as VDD last week and know for a fact he was in jail.

What I am wondering about is the post that said he was acting for the info on the restraining order to be redacted.

Did one of them live in Tacoma?

Puyallup is in Pierce County, and is in fairly close proximity to Tacoma.

Is there a connection? IDK. We've been reading about many recent incidences that may be merely coincidence, or not.

I am new here and eta? Edited to add? Which part? I am confused by confirmed by a reporter but in the comment section that was deleted. I was pretty diligent about reading the comment section but could have missed it. I only remember someone on here saying they talked to VDD to confirm. To me that is still hearsay. Do you have the link to the WW? I am one of those people that need to see it for themselves to believe it...

it was stated by the web editor in the posts. ( still trying to go to bed!!!)

I guess I didn't explain myself enough. So maybe I can add more info:

1. We know LDM had a brother DR and a brother RR.

2. Do we know that RR and CR are the same person? I have no knowledge of CR living anywhere except East Wenatchee.

3. If not, then do we know for sure that DR and CR are brothers?

I know cr. dont know his brother. rr could be a cousin uncle. lot of reeves in the area

I was the one who talked to him. He said he had just gotten out of jail after being there two months.

This link to wenworld shows he was arrested in October.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2009/oct/26/news-of-record/

This link says he was sentenced and given credit for 57 days served.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/05/news-of-record/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member