WA WA - Seattle, WhtFem 30-50, 159UFWA, alias 'Mary Anderson', copper IUD, breast surgery scars, Oct'96

Here is something very interesting I found as I continue to comb through the Seattle Times local and regional story archives from 1996. It is dated October 1, 1996.

Psychologist Loses License For Romance With Client -- State Board Fines Bellevue Doctor

Quote of from article:

"The state Department of Health's Examining Board of Psychology stated that Brian Lee Ford violated state law while he was counseling a 33-year-old Seattle woman from June 1993 to early 1995. The relationship caused the woman to suffer from depression, confusion and suicidal tendencies that required hospitalization, the board said."

License Status: http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/licensetoharm/record.php?license_id=PY00000749

2nd paragraph of the wahmee.com states what she was wearing and information about the sheets:
"...The woman lay atop the bed. The bed sheets were stripped and her head propped
against a small stack of dark-print pillows. She wore black leggings and a black top. Her hair
was neatly combed. Her nails were painted cream white. She wore make-up. A large black
Bible lay open across the woman's chest..."

I'm wondering if the article here meant "Striped" sheets instead of stripped sheets, a typo perhaps? But if that were the case, who would know since she was on top of the bed - the way it's worded she wasn't in the bed like under covers? It makes it hard when the writers are less maticulous than the victim with their choice of words.

Agreed, Estee is a good product... but I'm not sure how many of my generation used it. I know my grandmother did and my mother. I'm almost 60 now and none of my friends (and we all had enough $ to afford it, used it) I'm wondering how much of the products were used? Thinking maybe they were just purchased within that week, which would make more sense to me. She's destroyed her ID, torn everything about herself away from herself so no one will discover who she is, she has 7 total outfits and booked 2 nights. Where was she the other 4-5 days before she came to the hotel? Did she wear any of the velour outfits or where those new also, purchased within day(s) of her arrival? The family Bible had no names, but was that also newly purchased? She was seen by a doctor or under their care she had a prescription bottle that she tore the label off of, and at least filled or refilled it within the last 30 days prior to her death. The maple leaf might not have meant anything but a living thing turning old and dying to her. The magazine they were place in nothing more than something she picked up along the way to read. She had 2 sets of glasses...wonder if they were sun glasses or reading glasses? And no jewelry... if she was an old fashioned gal, was into Estee, where is her jewelry? That much money to spend and no jewelry? Even poor girls buy cubic zirconia bling! That might have been the last bit of money she had to her name... she might have gotten a manicure (did they check the mani pedi places?) gotten her brows waxed, went shopping bought some things, gave up on coats and got a men's jacket at the Big N Tall, bought some luggage too, stopped by the cosmetics counter, saw the big Estee display let the clerk sell her... My guess is she invented herself all the way... except for the bowl and the iron. The bowl is a pet, the iron... not sure. I wonder if anyone tested the iron for blood residue? Was it used as a weapon, and packed with her to hide the evidence? Or was it for a failsafe option for suicide...?? I'd say look at the bowl and the iron, those are the only things that don't fit with who she wanted to say she is. That and the LACK of any jewelry.

Here is something very interesting I found as I continue to comb through the Seattle Times local and regional story archives from 1996. It is dated October 1, 1996.

Psychologist Loses License For Romance With Client -- State Board Fines Bellevue Doctor

Quote of from article:

"The state Department of Health's Examining Board of Psychology stated that Brian Lee Ford violated state law while he was counseling a 33-year-old Seattle woman from June 1993 to early 1995. The relationship caused the woman to suffer from depression, confusion and suicidal tendencies that required hospitalization, the board said."

License Status: http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/licensetoharm/record.php?license_id=PY00000749

Nice find! Someone had mentioned her proximity to the courthouse... wonder who the vic was?

Sounds like this guy really did a job on people's minds:

Steven Goldsmith

The state Examining Board of Psychology barred Brian Lee Ford, Ph.D.
from practicing for the next 20 years. Dr. Ford, who was found guilty
of malpractice because he had sex with a patient, "practiced
'corrective parenting' and encouraged his patients to call him 'dad'
while he helped them replay their childhood traumas." In corrective
parenting, "patients make 'contracts' and agree to regard their doctor
as their 'healthy mom' or 'healthy dad.'" One critic of this method,
Gary Schoener, a psychologist from Minneapolis stated that "It's the
therapist as a god."

Corrective parenting, which began in the 1960s and 1970s, outraged
people when some therapists had patients wear diapers or simulate
breast feeding. Reparenting "springs from one of the central tenets of
psychology: that the therapist cast as a symbolic parental figure can
help clients work through childhood issues and traumas."

There are 40 to 50 practitioners of corrective parenting
(reparenting) in the Seattle area. One of these is Elaine Gowell who
defends corrective parenting and notes that any form of therapy can
turn destructive. She commented that corrective parenting can heal
deep-seated psychic wounds that mainstream techniques can't
touch. "Some people get their traumas as early as conception -- for
instance, if there was rape involved. Those pre-verbal issues cannot
be dealt with on the verbal level."

A lawsuit brought by the former patient against psychologist Ford
did not complain about the quality of the therapy, only the sexual
contact. "Hanna Lerman, a Los Angeles psychologist who counsels
victims of therapist misconduct, said the power differential between
therapist and patient means, 'it is never the patient's
responsibility.'"

http://www.fmsfonline.org/fmsf96.n01.html

And on this recent page, it states where and what he's doing now.

https://www.democratsabroad.org/node/13163

That would be something! Although, it says her lawsuit was settled out of court... so where'd the money go? And wouldn't she be missed if she never claimed her money? There would definately have been a headline on that one if she turned up missing. But...maybe this is one of the other patients too. The "good doctor" might have been having sex with more than one, but only one complained and filed a suit. And he's out of the country practicing :) I'm hunting for missing jewelers, missing jewelers wives, and looking through the names on those plane crashes and see if there were some blingsters there. Wish I knew how big the bowl was, and what type of iron that was...

That would be something! Although, it says her lawsuit was settled out of court... so where'd the money go? And wouldn't she be missed if she never claimed her money? There would definately have been a headline on that one if she turned up missing. But...maybe this is one of the other patients too. The "good doctor" might have been having sex with more than one, but only one complained and filed a suit. And he's out of the country practicing :) I'm hunting for missing jewelers, missing jewelers wives, and looking through the names on those plane crashes and see if there were some blingsters there. Wish I knew how big the bowl was, and what type of iron that was...

Perhaps the money was donated, as someone recently had a theory she donated all her funds prior to death.

Perhaps the money was donated, as someone recently had a theory she donated all her funds prior to death.

That's an excellent point. I wonder if there were any large donations reported in the paper in the weeks prior to her death? The prescription bottle would be the end of the mystery...she might have been seeing a new psychiatrist and he prescribed anti-depressants or anxiety meds.

But, again if she was a local girl someone would have recognized her in the papers when they did the sketches, etc... I don't know, I often think of Seattle here as being the biggest small town. And people here love to help. I'm still leaning that she wasn't from here. The hotel is so close to Pike Place Market a tourist area and the court house... I think she went to the heart of a big city to get lost there and where better than in Seattle? Our cruise ships are just winding up for the season (wonder with the clothes if she didn't take a cruise to Alaska?), fall colors are starting all over the area bringing others in especially to the Market where fresh produce from harvest is so readily available.

TWA Flight 800 was the one in July (I'm surprized I forgot that one, it was horrible). Initial look wasn't promising 1 jeweler in his 20's from Rome. A lot of potential, entire families were lost. This is the passenger list: http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/CRASH/TWA/PASSENGERS.html

I'll try to find and post the link for the ValueJet crash, maybe there's a passenger list there too.

TWA Flight 800 was the one in July (I'm surprized I forgot that one, it was horrible). Initial look wasn't promising 1 jeweler in his 20's from Rome. A lot of potential, entire families were lost. This is the passenger list: http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/CRASH/TWA/PASSENGERS.html

This is the Value Jet crash, 592 the one in the Everglades... 96 was the worst year for airline crashes (according to the headlines back then). Wikipedia said there was one woman on her way back to Massachusettes. It doesn't identify the woman, though.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9605/12/passenger.list/index.html

Wikipedia ValuJet Flight 592 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm going to focus on the NE, possibly Texas (214 area code in case she did request the room), and any passengers from Alaska, or Canada. Then I'm going for bling!

So sorry, I think I inadvertently used the word "estate" in connection with "executrix". I should have used the word "account." I have nothing regarding the "estate".

So sorry, I think I inadvertently used the word "estate" in connection with "executrix". I should have used the word "account." I have nothing regarding the "estate".

Okay. Thanks. I understand. My guess is now that the estates were settled and the claim is solely a thing of its own and just remains separately from the actual estates. Safe to say "all clear" to move on?

Took a break and started researching cyanide deaths around the time Mary orchestrated her death. You can only imagine... 1982-1986 the tylenol and exedrine tampering, and some people brewing it underground in Chicago, and another man who killed his mother, and his daughter ended up taking the same potion he brewed <ack>. We were better off without the internet back then - things were ugly then too :)
Anyway, found something interesting... Was thinking about Mary's uncharacteristic blue eye shadow with brown eyes:
Niche uses

Potassium ferrocyanide is used to achieve a blue color on cast bronze sculptures during the final finishing stage of the sculpture. On its own, it will produce a very dark shade of blue and is often mixed with other chemicals to achieve the desired tint and hue. It is applied using a torch and paint brush while wearing the standard safety equipment used for any patina application: rubber gloves, safety glasses, and a respirator. The actual amount of cyanide in the mixture varies according to the recipes used by each foundry.

Cyanide is also used in jewelry-making and certain kinds of photography such as sepia toning.

Cyanides are used as insecticides for fumigating ships. Cyanide salts are used for killing ants, and have in some places been used as rat poison (the less toxic poison arsenic is more common[citation needed]).

Although usually thought to be toxic, cyanide and cyanohydrins have been demonstrated to increase germination in various plant species.[

Cyanide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the medical uses:
The cyanide compound sodium nitroprusside is used mainly in clinical chemistry to measure urine ketone bodies mainly as a follow-up to diabetic patients. On occasion, it is used in emergency medical situations to produce a rapid decrease in blood pressure in humans; it is also used as a vasodilator in vascular research. The cobalt in artificial vitamin B12 contains a cyanide ligand as an artifact of the purification process; this must be removed by the body before the vitamin molecule can be activated for biochemical use.

So while access to cyanide is not easy, if in the right industry you can still obtain it. Today, it's considered a WMD! It would be nice to know what type of cyanide it was... wish we had access to the medical reports, and toxicology.

It always saddens me when someone takes their life. I understand why people do it, but I always want to go back into time and intervene. I found the bible laying on her interesting. Not sure if it has been discussed much but I was wondering if her family and/or friends were very religious. She may have been raised Catholic or Christian and was told suicide was a grievous sin. Maybe she didn't want to worry her loved ones so that's why there was so much work done to cover up her identity so they would never find out. She may have figured it would be better to disappear than to worry them. I know when people are contemplating suicide, they aren't thinking clearly and often wrongly think their family will be better off without them. I know some religions believe suicide means eternal damnation which I think it is sad since many are suffering from mental illnesses. Wish we knew if the staff notice if she had an accent from a distinct region. I wonder too if Seattle was a place she loved to visit or if she lived there or was from there? So many questions...

Took a break and started researching cyanide deaths around the time Mary orchestrated her death. You can only imagine... 1982-1986 the tylenol and exedrine tampering, and some people brewing it underground in Chicago, and another man who killed his mother, and his daughter ended up taking the same potion he brewed <ack>. We were better off without the internet back then - things were ugly then too :)
Anyway, found something interesting... Was thinking about Mary's uncharacteristic blue eye shadow with brown eyes:
Niche uses

Potassium ferrocyanide is used to achieve a blue color on cast bronze sculptures during the final finishing stage of the sculpture. On its own, it will produce a very dark shade of blue and is often mixed with other chemicals to achieve the desired tint and hue. It is applied using a torch and paint brush while wearing the standard safety equipment used for any patina application: rubber gloves, safety glasses, and a respirator. The actual amount of cyanide in the mixture varies according to the recipes used by each foundry.

Cyanide is also used in jewelry-making and certain kinds of photography such as sepia toning.

Cyanides are used as insecticides for fumigating ships. Cyanide salts are used for killing ants, and have in some places been used as rat poison (the less toxic poison arsenic is more common[citation needed]).

Although usually thought to be toxic, cyanide and cyanohydrins have been demonstrated to increase germination in various plant species.[

Cyanide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the medical uses:
The cyanide compound sodium nitroprusside is used mainly in clinical chemistry to measure urine ketone bodies mainly as a follow-up to diabetic patients. On occasion, it is used in emergency medical situations to produce a rapid decrease in blood pressure in humans; it is also used as a vasodilator in vascular research. The cobalt in artificial vitamin B12 contains a cyanide ligand as an artifact of the purification process; this must be removed by the body before the vitamin molecule can be activated for biochemical use.

So while access to cyanide is not easy, if in the right industry you can still obtain it. Today, it's considered a WMD! It would be nice to know what type of cyanide it was... wish we had access to the medical reports, and toxicology.

Michael Marin got it (sodium cyanide) from online in 2011 and ingested it on live television (see YouTube) in June 2012 at the moment he was found guilty of arson by the jury.

Cyanide is easy to get and easy to make. I came across a suicide site where it had a recipe for a lethal dose made from 100 crushed apple seeds. Heard you can do the same with almonds, cherry pits, apricots, and even jam, yes jam as it has small amounts of cyanide from the seeds (and their extractions) of certain fruits.

I have a theory that Mary Anderson might have worked in the medical field in x-rays or photography as the x-ray developing process creates large amounts of cyanide in the filtered water after the film is developed. Or perhaps a photography lab... hence the artist medium and example of the "Cyanotype."

It always saddens me when someone takes their life. I understand why people do it, but I always want to go back into time and intervene. I found the bible laying on her interesting. Not sure if it has been discussed much but I was wondering if her family and/or friends were very religious. She may have been raised Catholic or Christian and was told suicide was a grievous sin. Maybe she didn't want to worry her loved ones so that's why there was so much work done to cover up her identity so they would never find out. She may have figured it would be better to disappear than to worry them. I know when people are contemplating suicide, they aren't thinking clearly and often wrongly think their family will be better off without them. I know some religions believe suicide means eternal damnation which I think it is sad since many are suffering from mental illnesses. Wish we knew if the staff notice if she had an accent from a distinct region. I wonder too if Seattle was a place she loved to visit or if she lived there or was from there? So many questions...

I don't think Mary was Catholic. If she was, she would have had a Catholic Bible and not a Protestant Bible. And I truly believe that the rosary would have been in her hand(s) or nearby on the bed or nightstand. It would have been more important than the Bible if that were the case.

See my recent post on this... Post #263

I don't think Mary was Catholic. If she was, she would have had a Catholic Bible and not a Protestant Bible. And I truly believe that the rosary would have been in her hand(s) or nearby on the bed or nightstand. It would have been more important than the Bible if that were the case.

See my recent post on this... Post #263

Thanks! So Catholicism is out which makes me believe she definitely had some sort of Christian background. There are so many denominations and many say things about suicide which still makes me think that she may have been hiding it from her family to shield them. To hide your identity and not let your family know what happened seems extreme. The alternative is letting your family possibly think you were abducted and murdered or you just started a life without them. Seems harsh. I am sure it does happen with suicide since their thinking is askew and they really think life will get better for their family if they are out of it. Depression is such a terrible thing to experience. She definitely felt afraid and concern that God would be mad at her for the suicide and wanted to be comforted while dying. I can't imagine what had happened to make her so very depressed. It is just so sad!

Thanks! So Catholicism is out which makes me believe she definitely had some sort of Christian background. There are so many denominations and many say things about suicide which still makes me think that she may have been hiding it from her family to shield them.

I agree wholeheartedly! Not just about hiding the suicide from her family, but possibly the Christianity as well. When I wrote post #263, I had thought that then... and feel even stronger about that now. Why? Mary Anderson in my book has a very strong possibility of being eastern European. And if she was from there than it probably meant that her friends and family where Muslims.

From the devotion with the Bible unto death, it paints a clear picture she was devout and faithful, and possibly quite aware of her sins and hidden faults. I'm starting to think she knew more about the Bible and God's Word than just what we think and know of her lying there dead with it across her body. She found comfort, solace, and peace in the remaining moments of her life from reading it and probably through prayer and confession. I think she was fully aware of God's grace and forgiveness. Perhaps she even reflected upon that on her last day... asking God to forgive her for the murder she was about to commit... because He forgave Moses, Sampson, King David, and Apostle Paul... all whom are perfect examples because they, too, were murderers, but were also forgiven by the grace and mercy of God.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back