WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. Is this supposed to be a page for the missing Fabrizio? It doesn't look like this particular Fabrizio is missing (he made posts well back into 2011, predating the 'missing' post (posted to FB in June of 2013, stating he'd been missing since 1999). (My Italian is rusty.)

tcg

I did a google search for Fabrizio de Angelis; that FB page popped up. My guess is it's him; he is not missing which is why Doe Network removed the listing.

The international porch light site comes up when you google him and part of the URL says "used to be doe"
I can view the porch light page but the images were taken down, but still come up in google.

FdA is the closest match looks-wise that I've seen thus far for Lyle!

However it looks like his lifestyle increases the chance of foul play. Also, I would think that an Italian accent would stand out to the hotel clerk and others that had contact with Lyle. I think it would have been noted and mentioned. JMO.

I'm confused. Is this supposed to be a page for the missing Fabrizio? It doesn't look like this particular Fabrizio is missing (he made posts well back into 2011, predating the 'missing' post (posted to FB in June of 2013, stating he'd been missing since 1999). (My Italian is rusty.)

tcg

There's a Fabrizio who appears to be the younger Fabrizio's father.

There's also a very well known Hollywood director by that name. I don't know whether he's related.

There's a Fabrizio who appears to be the younger Fabrizio's father.

There's also a very well known Hollywood director by that name. I don't know whether he's related.

I have to wonder if the FB page guy is different than the missing guy. They don't look that similar to me. The name isn't common sounding to my American ear, but with a famous director, it could be that the first name is a popular choice with Italians bearing that surname.

If Lyle is the missing Fabrizio (if Fabrizio is still actually missing), he would have had just about two of years to try to lose his accent.

tcg

We ned to try and find out if he is still missing. Anyone good in italian?
The Clark didnt talk very much with Lyle, so that could be missed, i Was friends With an italian whom learned very distinct brittish english in school, he did not sound italian.
I think every stone should be turned, stranger things has happened. Vases where a Jane doe turned out to a John doe, Weight & height being totally off etc.

At least in Lyles case we have his face, and thats our strongest Card in trying to solve this case.

Im New at this, how should we go at Ruling out Fabrizio?

Sorry about My spelling...My Swedish iPad disagrees when writing in english....:(

Found a missing People Italian site, that at least usel to have Fabrizio as missing on their page. I wrote and asked if they knew if he had been located. Also linked to Lyles information and pictures. Lets hope for some answers!!

Herre is a picture of Fabrizio, hope I manage to do IT correctly and that i did not break any rules...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 76
The birthdates are a few years off
International porch light site - Jan 1, 1967
Facebook - Sept 1, 1971

I got a response from the Italian missing peoples site, they are looking into if Fabrizio is still missing.

When we were in Italy, we met many Italians who spoke very good English, often with a slightly British/Canadian accent depending on where their teachers came from. The one website indicates that the possibly missing Fabrizio had been back and forth between Italy and various North American countries for several years, so he'd have had opportunity to practice as well. So he might not have had much accent.

I e-mailed Todd Matthews at the Doe Network about Fabrizio. He responded that he didn't have very much information yet he had been in touch with the de Angelis family and Fabrizio had been located deceased.

I e-mailed Todd Matthews at the Doe Network about Fabrizio. He responded that he didn't have very much information yet he had been in touch with the de Angelis family and Fabrizio had been located deceased.

Thank you.

It's possible the family is convinced, but the wheels of paperwork haven't turned yet to confirm it.

When we were in Italy, we met many Italians who spoke very good English, often with a slightly British/Canadian accent depending on where their teachers came from. The one website indicates that the possibly missing Fabrizio had been back and forth between Italy and various North American countries for several years, so he'd have had opportunity to practice as well. So he might not have had much accent.

"a slight British/Canadian accent"...what is that?

I personally relate more to northern American accents than British accents. I think Canadians sound more like mid-western Americans. Also, I personally can't tell the difference between us (i.e. most of Canada) and northern NY state, Vermont and Maine. Other than the notorious "aboot", I just haven't heard of a difference.

Having said that, the clerk at the motel indicated that "Lyle" possibly had a Canadian accent. I might just be tone deaf. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omgitsree