WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyle could be another Sharon Marshall, possibly abducted by a stranger and living under unusual circumstances. Could have found out that his life was a total lie and couldn't cope with it. His bio family might not recognize him.

I'm missing something, I think. What's the connection between a hiker who died of overexertion in Canada and a guy who committed suicide on the other side of the continent?

Well, it's not clear that the guy in Canada died from overexertion. If you were just out for a hike, wouldn't you be dressed for hike? Wouldn't you have ID on you? Who goes hiking in Canada in that attire? How did he get to the place he was found. It was almost as if he had been 'dropped off' or died unexpectedly at a remote 'meeting'.

What makes a few of us (perhaps paranoid folks) see similarities is that these two guys both died within a few days of each other. They both didn't have ID's on them. They both had impeccable dental health and dress. They both had experienced significant recent weight loss. The fellow in Canada had evidence of recent international travel. They both died within a few days of 9/11.

It's just weird. Bodies found where the ID's where intentionally removed/hidden. These weren't homeless guys and they don't match with anyone who has been reported missing. That's what we are talking about.

I'll have to go look again. I thought the Deep River guy had perfectly reasonable clothing for a day hike, but perhaps I'm remembering wrong.

Do we have a list of rule outs? I went on Namus and I don't see any. Maybe I am looking at the wrong profile?

Do we have a list of rule outs? I went on Namus and I don't see any. Maybe I am looking at the wrong profile?

His profile is fairly new. It's not updated like we're used to with other cases.

NamUs Case # 11100 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

The following fields have been changed: Image added

His profile is fairly new. It's not updated like we're used to with other cases.

NamUs Case # 11100 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

The following fields have been changed: Image added

About time! I've waiting for them do something...

ETA: They couldn't upload a better copy? It's like somebody photographed it with their old cellphone from a computer screen and uploaded it. They've added a rule out, that's good.

The Namus profile has one rule out listed on the main page (Case Information). Look at the bottom, on the RIGHT side, under Exclusions. :)

There is just something so familiar about him. I wish I could pin down why.

tcg

The Namus profile has one rule out listed on the main page (Case Information). Look at the bottom, on the left side, under Exclusions. :)

There is just something so familiar about him. I wish I could pin down why.

tcg

Yeah. Me too. Every time I look at him, I think, "I've seen that dude somewhere before."

Which might be why he used a false name -- if people might have recognized his real one.

Yeah. Me too. Every time I look at him, I think, "I've seen that dude somewhere before."

Which might be why he used a false name -- if people might have recognized his real one.

Me, too. I keep searching my brain. I lived in Idaho, grew up there, so the Meridian hotel as an address makes me wonder if I "knew" him. But, he looks so familiar with or without that connection...

Here are my first impressions after reading the first post, the NAMUS report, and this last page of posts.

-No chest hair. While not a definite, that could point to some Native American heritage
-Orthodontic work and appendix scar; middle to upper middle class. Had access to dental and health care.
-Was wearing "northwest" inspired clothing. Plaid shirt, jeans, timberland boots
-Very thin for height. Coroner report suggested he had recently loss 30-40 lbs. of body weight. Depression or illness? Stomach problems...scar on stomach?
-He committed suicide VERY CLOSE TO WHERE KURT COBAIN WAS BORN. Same county. Was he 27 years old like Cobain when HE committed suicide? Was he part of the Nirvana grunge scene that came out of Seattle?
-Maid or someone at hotel suggested he might have had a Canadian accent. Vancouver?

I have to think more deeply on the book, and get a copy to read. I suspect our answer as to who this fellow really is, can be found in those pages.

Here are my first impressions after reading the first post, the NAMUS report, and this last page of posts.

-No chest hair. While not a definite, that could point to some Native American heritage
-Orthodontic work and appendix scar; middle to upper middle class. Had access to dental and health care.
-Was wearing "northwest" inspired clothing. Plaid shirt, jeans, timberland boots
-Very thin for height. Coroner report suggested he had recently loss 30-40 lbs. of body weight. Depression or illness? Stomach problems...scar on stomach?
-He committed suicide VERY CLOSE TO WHERE KURT COBAIN WAS BORN. Same county. Was he 27 years old like Cobain when HE committed suicide? Was he part of the Nirvana grunge scene that came out of Seattle?
-Maid or someone at hotel suggested he might have had a Canadian accent. Vancouver?

I have to think more deeply on the book, and get a copy to read. I suspect our answer as to who this fellow really is, can be found in those pages.

Actually, I wondered about the Canadian accent. How much of a difference is there between the accent of folks in NW Washington state and SW British Colombia? I just don't know. I've always imagined it wasn't very much.

I have to admit that I was surprised when I crossed the US border, into Michigan, from where I live in SW Ontario. On the TV news, the newscasters from Michigan don't sound much different than we do, but as soon as we cross the border, well, there is suddenly an 'accent'. That leaves me wondering what a 'Canadian accent' is in the view of someone in Washington state.

Actually, I wondered about the Canadian accent. How much of a difference is there between the accent of folks in NW Washington state and SW British Colombia? I just don't know. I've always imagined it wasn't very much.

I have to admit that I was surprised when I crossed the US border, into Michigan, from where I live in SW Ontario. On the TV news, the newscasters from Michigan don't sound much different than we do, but as soon as we cross the border, well, there is suddenly an 'accent'. That leaves me wondering what a 'Canadian accent' is in the view of someone in Washington state.

My family is from B.C. its a distinctive accent. Unmistakable.

I'm from BC and I still don't know what a BC accent sounds like :confused:

Its a combination of sound, inflection/cadence of speech. Just very different, and quite pleasant I might add. : )
Of course, there are certain give away phrases and words too.
If someone mentions curling, black cat #9's or old style that might be a hint too. ; )

Bump!

Hoping other 'sleuthers will jump on this thread.
We can solve this one.
We have enough to work with to figure out who Lyle really is!

Nice observations. May I ask which book? The one from which Lyle apparently took his name, “You Must Remember This,” by Joyce Carol Oates? I admit I'm curious too.

tcg

I have just ordered the book. It was very cheap in the "used" section of Amazon.

The more of us who read it, the better. It would be great if several of us could read the book and discuss our thoughts on it and any connections to this case.

I read it awhile ago for Lyle and posted my observations somewhere way back in the thread.

I don't think I can remember enough to contribute much to a discussion but can try and find my post later to see if it might help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member