Where's Raven???

Raven clearly does have confidence issues. I don't know what those issues stem from but it seems he's always been trying to prove himself. I tend to think that it's because he realizes that his personality is empty except for the occasional temper tantrum. Like I said many, many months ago, buying toy after toy after toy is not only an attempt to soothe his own lack of fulfillment but also an attempt to blind those around him to the fact that he's got nothing to offer. Adding layers of flashy gift wrap to an empty box ...

I could be very wrong on that but I don't think that I'm wrong on the lack of confidence. That much seems crystal clear.

SouthEastSleuth said:
I think the reality is, whether Raven is a skilled athlete or not, I get the impression that he at least enjoys most outdoor activities, and perhaps surrounding himself with people with similar type interests. It's interesting though, as far as personality, I wonder if Raven is actually intimidated by some of those he's tended to surround himself with - as far as skills, abilities, etc. Certainly by all accounts, Janet was the star soccer player, not Raven. And I wonder on these adventure races, volleyball, mtn biking, etc., etc., if Raven is in fact TRYING to prove something to himself, as far as his abilities, etc.

That said, I think he'd try most anything if he thought it would lead to a certain perception of him as this outdoorsy athletic type.

Boating? Sure, why not. Wakeboarding? Possible, for sure. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to come across references to Raven most anywhere, in relation to him trying desperately to fit in, to be perceived as this uber-athlete, Mr. Outdoors, etc. That said, with all that does on at SML, it seems like the perfect playground - for real athletes, as well as athletic wannabes!
That must be a horrible way to live - constantly struggling to keep up with the big boys just to prove that you're somehow worthy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86
Back