who is this unidentified young girl? jumped/thrown from vehicle in AZ, 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
pardilia said:
What about this one? http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/silver_heather.html

I know its probably not only a longshot, but just plain wrong - but a couple of years with the "wrong crowd" could account for weight loss.

Though, I sort of have the feeling that the girl is a tenager who was probably out joyriding with friends (or acquaintances) and that the kids in the car are just too scared to come forward. She could be missing/deemd a runaway by a local district that hasn't gotten her case "out there".
I actually like this one, I know the age is off a little but the weight isn't that far off. On Heather's Charley Project page it says she has a scar on her right cheek and I think someone above noticed that JD had an old scar on her right cheek. I think this is worth looking into.

kwatson696 said:
Surely, somebody must be looking for the teenage girl with the tattoo of a blue heart on her chest.
Well, if she was a teenager, if her parents/guardians are looking for her they might not be looking for someone with the belly piercing and the tattoo as they might not be aware that she had either.

I wonder if anyone viewed the body thinking it was their daughter but then ruled it out because of either the tattoo, piercings, or both? Possibly being that it was too painful to admit their child was dead from such a tragic accident AND had kept secrets from them.

pardilia said:
Well, if she was a teenager, if her parents/guardians are looking for her they might not be looking for someone with the belly piercing and the tattoo as they might not be aware that she had either.

I wonder if anyone viewed the body thinking it was their daughter but then ruled it out because of either the tattoo, piercings, or both? Possibly being that it was too painful to admit their child was dead from such a tragic accident AND had kept secrets from them.
I hope you're not upset but I sent this to Gerry Nance at NCMEC. He thinks it's a good match although the hairline isn't quite the same. He said this might've already been ruled out since they went missing in the same county but it's worth a shot.

Paradise said:
I hope you're not upset but I sent this to Gerry Nance at NCMEC. He thinks it's a good match although the hairline isn't quite the same. He said this might've already been ruled out since they went missing in the same county but it's worth a shot.
In the pic of the unidentified girl it looks like part of her head had to be shaved and they washed her hair and brushed it to the side to cover the area. That may change the appearance of the hairline a bit.

I think it is a good match too.

Well Gerry said himself that the picture of Heather was fuzzy (so he couldn't make out a scar on her cheek). I guess that might alter the hairline a little also...and you're right, I bet they did wash her hair.

Paradise said:
Oh, I'm not upset at all!! :)

okay this post kinda got to me. and i have insomnia.

i was thinking what if they had a different view of her, maybe with her eyes showing and her lips not so swelled. (maybe she has naturally pouty lips maybe it's just swelling)... so i took my own eyes off a picture (i'm a brown haired blue eye) and added them to her, then i took the swelling down, added some color and smoothed everything out.

just for a different perspective. part of me thinks she might not look like herself completely because of swelling. i dunno.

so here is my photoshopped picture. sorry it's amateur. i mean no disrespect to this girl i feel really sad, i just thought maybe this might help. who i don't know. but i felt like i had to do it.
confused.gif

I think you did a good job with the photo. The actual photos are much easier to use to try to make an idenification. The fact that she was injured in the accident and had swelling most likely made her look much different than in "real" life. :)

Good thinking, MistyM. I would've never thought about doing that----you did a good job. Your finished product looks like an older JonBenet Ramsey to me---very much so. JMO....

To me, it looks like the injuries to this girls face are as a result of a beating, and not from being thrown/pushed out of a car. Obviously, they must have some evidence to support her being thrown/pushed/fell out of a car, but I think it's highly probable that maybe she was beaten first. Again, jmo.

I spent some time searching for clues online last night...no luck.

Just tuned in to this thread, but julianne gave me a thought....

What if this child was already dead when she was thrown from the car?

For some strange reason, she doesn't look like she was "ejected for whatever reason" and skidded down a concrete road. Wouldn't her face have suffered more trauma, scratches, scrapes?? I know it's possible that her face never came into contact with the road, but I see this as being unlikely?

Were there witnesses to this? Was she actually seen coming out of a moving car?

She does not look like a victim of kidnapping (in ref to those looking back at older cases of younger children). I think of her more as a "recent" runaway.

well, according to the info given.. someone (doesn't say who) found her alive & took her to the hospital. doesn't say if she was ever conscious,, but i'm assuming not, otherwise they probably would have gotten some basic info from her (unless she refused to talk). i wrote to the agency where they handled the case & asked a few basic questions... i also told them about this site just in case they wanted to join in (people who work there may not be legally able to do this,, but you never know?).. but no answer, yet.

mistym-- great job on the photoshop, for being an 'amateur'! it's interesting to see an alternative view of the face. i'm very surprised no one has made an official picture of what she may have looked like, since they have a lot to work with, it's not like they have to reconstruct it from a skull, and she wasn't decomposed-- i mean she's right there! come on, people!! even on the doe network,, she has a number and no photo at all. maybe she is on a list of faces they are still working on & haven't released yet.
but, there wasn't even any info about what kind of clothing she was found in, if it was american made, or anything. the clothing could also give an indication if she may have been a prostitute or not.

i keep thinking she was involved in some kind of sharon marshall scenario.. in an abusive situation, kidnapped by (or sold to) a pedophile, perhaps newly forced into prostitution, or maybe she was with her real parent/s who were abusive & on the run, or she was being concealed somehow. then there's the possibility she may have been from canada....? anyone want to check missing young girls from there?

just thought of something.... it's also entirely possible that she had been riding with a trucker and this is why the fall killed her (of course, you can just as soon die from jumping from a car too).

I really don't get the feeling that this girl was being held by anyone for a long period of time, if at all. Her eyebrows are too well-groomed for me to suggest that. The piercings and tattoo are also a bit 'odd' for a 'kept' person.

My first question would be if they combed the highway for a few miles down for her purse - if she was thrown out of a vehicle or fell on her own, the persons inside would be wanting to get rid of her personal effects.

Given her age, I would think that the parents probably do not know about the tattoo and maybe not the belly button piercing either. They're both in places easy to hide from parents/guardians. Also, given her age, if she was about 16/17, she would have had friends about the same age who were just getting their licenses - what if they were out riding about and she was hanging out of the car and slipped and fell? Or had a friend who pushed her while she was hanging out, not meaning to cause the accident which took her life?

There have been cases in the past where years later the guilt gets to people and they come forward and admit to their role in crimes/accidents. Perhaps they did not come forward because they were doing something illegal at the time and did not want to also get in trouble for that (drugs/alcohol).

I just keep thinking about how easy it would be for a teenager to hang out with some kids after school he/she didn't know well, get into an accident, and never be identified - particularly if they had tattoos or piercings people looking for them might not be aware of or even think "my child would never do that!"

I would be very interested in the time this accident occurred.

Cases like these disturb me so - much like the girl in Pennsylvania who was recently (late this summer) seen being forced into a van, and nobody knew who she was, and there was no missing persons report ever filed. I've worked with at risk teens for several years. Many of them young girls within the foster system who run away from homes frequently and hook up with men...have sex, do drugs, etc. Nobody would notice if some of these girls went missing for extended periods of time. Nobody would file a missing persons report. Nobody would claim them if a body was found somewhere. They are just out there, anonymously...easy targets...rarely missed. I try to tell them but they don't care. They think they're invincible - the "it won't happen to me" syndrome.

Anyway.....

well, if this scenario were true it would probably mean that her parents would have a missing persons alert out for her... unless, they are completely clueless, drug-addicts/transients, or have something to hide, are in another country (?), or just don't care.

isn't it possible that her eyebrows are natural?

you brought up a good point-- wonder if they found alcohol/drugs in her system? somehow she doesn't have that 'look' of being drunk or drugged, but you never know. i wish they would reveal more info about the case.

CC-- very good point also-- i hadn't even thought of the foster care system, of course!! aren't there a ton of foster 'parents' out there who couldn't care less if the kid ran away, as long as they keep receiving their check? LE should definitely be checking her with foster care agencies, if they aren't already. although i bet a lot of them are as crooked & chaotic as the families who take them in,,, no?

that's disturbing about the girl forced into a van. i'm sure anyone who knows her is watching out for themselves & doesn't want to report her missing for fear of being 'busted' for their own activities... people living that lifestyle probably just think "oh well, another one gone"... did anyone get a good look at her, the van or the person/people taking her?

Its more the group homes that are the culprits of cases like I was mentioning - not so much foster homes. A missing persons report is usually filed with a "warrant of attachment" when a kid runs away from one of these facilities, but not much effort is made to find them - not much effort is made to find runaways from any situation honestly. Still, with kids in the system, its an "out of sight, out of mind" effect that ripples down. Someone worries for a few days but then that kid gets replaced with a new kid on your caseload and suddenly you've forgotten all about the one out there on the streets somewhere.

reb said:
well, if this scenario were true it would probably mean that her parents would have a missing persons alert out for her... unless, they are completely clueless, drug-addicts/transients, or have something to hide, are in another country (?), or just don't care.

isn't it possible that her eyebrows are natural?
Well, as we all know, not all missing persons reports are available online and not all LE try to get the information out there to find these people. Particularly if she's from a small county and considered a runaway. =/ Her parents could very well be missing her and just not know what to do to get the information out there. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it wasn't a case of the parents asking LE and being told "she'll turn up eventually."

I really doubt her eyebrows are natural - my guess is she probably had them done around the same time her hair was dyed - to me, it looks like a professional dye job that had maybe a month tops to grow out. They're just too symmetrical and 'clean' to be natural.

ETA: I just keep thinking how easy it would be for a teenager with no ID to go a joyride maybe an hour or so away with kids he/she didn't know well, to have an accident and to remain unidentified because only local media picked up the story and the people looking for the victim are just a few miles out of range.

oops, i didn't see her info on the doenet page.

then again, since it was a mentally disabled person... you never know what happened. but,, probably doubtful it's her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500