who is this unidentified young girl? jumped/thrown from vehicle in AZ, 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
LisainWV said:
becba .... Kristy went missing 8-2-97 and Jane Doe was found 1-27-99. The clothing thing wouldn't be an issue after more than a year?

I do think the match looks good. Kristy's aged picture looks alot like the Doe.

Who did the picture of Jane Doe with her eyes open? It would be cool to see that picture beside kristy's.

Kristy's lazy eye is not real obvious in her picture - some of them are - and may have not been noticeable on the doe with face swelling and so on.
You are right. Must of had one of those dyslexic moments. lol Thanks for keeping me on the right track.

becba .... no problem, I'm really bad about doing that and have tried to get in the habit of triple checking before i post. I think we just get "excited" sometimes about a possible match and jump.

They have added some composite photos at the link below.
(link to pictures deleted)

rhyno1974 said:
They have added some composite photos at the link below.
(link to medex site deleted)
Sorry, didn't see any more than was there as per the link in post #1.

I know when it was first posted here it only had the morgue photo. Perhaps it was added sometime back. It has been awhile since I have been at that site.

julianne said:
To me, it looks like the injuries to this girls face are as a result of a beating, and not from being thrown/pushed out of a car.
That's how it looks to me also. A car could have pulled over to the soft-shoulder and shoved her out, it doesn't look like she was thrown on the asphalt.

Too bad they show no wounds to the body, maybe there were other bruises :confused:

Those new composites?? The first drawing shows her eyes and eyebrows very close together with a very thin long face. the second drawing looks more like the morgue photo.

I wonder how she could have bruised her eye and mouth like she did from being thrown from the car, but her cheek, nose and elsewhere looks untouched. I would think there would be a "skidding" effect and there would be lots more scrapes and scratches especially on the cheekbone and nose.

I too think see was beaten.

And what's with the strange Victorian-looking clothing with the brooch? Is that what she was really wearing?

annemc2 said:
And what's with the strange Victorian-looking clothing with the brooch? Is that what she was really wearing?
No kidding. I wondered about that too but thought I might have missed some info.

I'm surprised we don't have info on her clothes. let's pretend we're LE and we just get called to either the "accident" scene or the hospital and told that a young girl has been "ejected in some manner" from a moving car. Car continues on it's route. Are we not suspicious at this point? Would they not try to get as much info about her as possible, including what she was wearing at the time of the accident?

LisainWV said:
No kidding. I wondered about that too but thought I might have missed some info.

I'm surprised we don't have info on her clothes. let's pretend we're LE and we just get called to either the "accident" scene or the hospital and told that a young girl has been "ejected in some manner" from a moving car. Car continues on it's route. Are we not suspicious at this point? Would they not try to get as much info about her as possible, including what she was wearing at the time of the accident?
They may be withholding that information if someone she was with when she was pushed out of the car actually comes forward to identify her. If they're able to tell what she was wearing at the time, it would be further proof for LE.

To me, it looks fairly consistent with falling from a car - it appears that part of her lower lip is missing, while the other half is bruised and swollen and the lower lip that appears to be missing is on the side that looks bruised and scratched. She might not have skidded on her face - she could have hit on the right side and skidded a bit but then flipped a few times.

Or are you talking about EFXDavid who posts here and did the incredible CGI work with the Grays Harbor John Doe (aka Lyle Stevik)? Maybe he would consider helping on this case, as well.

Doe Network has added two composites of her and they changed her case from a hot

MJD_ID_TawniLee.jpg

This case is very strange to me...well, stranger than most. I don't know what it is....I can't put my finger on it, but this girl looks has such a "familiar" look to me. Not familiar in way that I think I knew her, because I don't think that. Familiar in a way that I feel I have SEEN this face before. More than once. Possibly in a missing persons bulletin. I don't know. I can't shake the feeling that the answer is hidden right before our very eyes. Something about her face........

I have been looking at her pic almost daily & can't put my finger on it. I don't know what it is....but there's SOMETHING!!! Ever since the very first time I saw the pic, there was definately something..

Does anybody else feel this way or am I just freaking out?

Doe Network lists her death as "Undetermined"- I think 9/10 that she died from impact resulting from how she fell out of the vehicle both physically and possibly internally

outofthedark said:
Doe Network lists her death as "Undetermined"- I think 9/10 that she died from impact resulting from how she fell out of the vehicle both physically and possibly internally
I don't know. I think, by the injuries to her face, that she was beaten. Her facial injuries do not look like they are the result of falling out of the car. No "road rash" on her face, no visible scrapes or cuts. Her bottom lip is fat, like she was hit in the mouth.

It's wierd that her death is listed as "undetermined". That makes me think that the investigators don't believe that her death resulted from being pushed out of a car. I mean, they say she was pushed out of a moving vehicle, and that they know this, but then go on to say he death is "undetermined." Strange.

I think that if they really thought that she died as a result of being pushed or thrown out of a moving vehicle, then it wouldn't be "undetermined".

julianne said:
I don't know. I think, by the injuries to her face, that she was beaten. Her facial injuries do not look like they are the result of falling out of the car. No "road rash" on her face, no visible scrapes or cuts. Her bottom lip is fat, like she was hit in the mouth.

It's wierd that her death is listed as "undetermined". That makes me think that the investigators don't believe that her death resulted from being pushed out of a car. I mean, they say she was pushed out of a moving vehicle, and that they know this, but then go on to say he death is "undetermined." Strange.

I think that if they really thought that she died as a result of being pushed or thrown out of a moving vehicle, then it wouldn't be "undetermined".
Personally, I think part of her bottom lip is missing. If you look at the picture she appears to have full lips - and the bottom lip looks only half swollen...the swelling seems to stop impossibly abruptly. I think its hard to see if she has scratches and other injuries due to the picture. It looks like they tried to make her as presentable as possible - its difficult to even tell that she has the older scar on her face due to the lighting.

Neither of the new composites look too much like she does in the original morgue picture, but maybe that's just me. :)

I wonder if the site has a standard set of "causes of death" and they put undetermined because there's no "complications from being pushed out of vehicle". (It would make sense for them to have streamlined a form for posting these cases online.) Or they could just be withholding it until she's identified. Or it could be that she died from something they aren't sure wasn't a previously existing condition or something that was a direct result of the accident and they're hoping to find that out when she's identified. The possibilities are practically endless. =(

I keep editing argh! I also just thought that maybe since they don't know if she jumped or fell or was pushed they don't know if they can label it a sucide or an accident.

julianne said:

Now that I've read your post, I'm thinking that the people in the vehicle were beating her and she jumped out of the vehicle while it was still moving to escape them and during that, she might have hit the ground at a certian impact and might have sustained even more injuries to eventually cause her death because she definitely hadn't been run over or had anything else happen to her

The injuries in Doe Network Case File 178UFMS are somewhat related to what I meant by other injuries both ways caused by an impact hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500