Why Does My Account Have Insufficient Privileges?

Is the big 'Register' button on the home page not linking to anything, or is it just me, does anyone know?

I'm not trying to register again, just wondering.

I'm having trouble with permission too.
Message says I don't have permission.
It was easier to read posts before I
registered. I am trying to follow the
amber alert for Nathan O'Brien and his
Grandparents.

Well, I thought my inability to search might have something to do with the new forum look, since I signed up at about the same time as the change. Finally found this thread, and found I need to post 50 times to search (Wow!). One down, 49 to go...

50 posts! Good thing I have diarrhea of the mouth! Or fingers in this case!

We are working on creating a new process that could remove the search restriction. Stay tuned! The reason for it is technical.

4 years later? lol just teasing ya.

I am new and that WAS funny. When I started reading it, I was like...hmmm, I like the flashing leaf, hope I get that one. :)

pssst....:shush: here's a secret way to quickly get that post count up -

Go to the Game Room and post on the Counting Thread linked here. Just keep posting in sequence and you will have reached your post count quota in just a few minutes. :happydance:

I agree that the minimum post count is far too high (50) to be able to access some of the more important features, like the search feature. I will look into that again and update y'all sometime this week.

Until then, hope the above idea helps. :)

I wanted to post a local UID in the Unidentified forum, then I noticed that I can't start threads. I thought maybe it was because you had to have a certain number of posts before you could start threads, I'm a super lurker, but don't post much, but then I noticed a person new to Websleuths posting in the Unidentified forum. Is there another reason certain new people can start threads while others can't? I know I haven't posted enough to get myself in trouble. :) :) Thanks!!

Hi Jessica6980 :)

You do need a certain number of posts before you can start threads. It's around 50. Like beach mentioned about the game forum is a good place to go and get your post count up pretty quickly. Look forward to your posting more and getting your thoughts on some of the cases around here.

Ima

NEVERMIND! I'm an IDIOT. I didn't even read above! Now I know! HAHAHA

I was asking how many posts need to be done for full privileges.

Ahh, so this explains the inability to use the search function and the return page with several reasons why I cant do many things. Im not sure Im fully activated.

Yes, no doubt spammers have created the need for a 1000 hurdles to enter a forum.

Can someone please post a thread memo for users to delete their 5 private messages? I had a single private message to send to someone which as been an arduous task to say the least. No doubt spammers are to blame for this but its taken 24 hours to get here, thus far.

Never mind, thank you for the privilege.

New here. Don't understand the connection between needing to post 50 times and using the search function. I signed up because I have information about one specific crime. How can I find the relevant threads on this crime if I can't search. Thank you.

I've been reading different forums here for a few months and finally signed up to get access to the search function and other features that I didn't have as a guest. Now I find out that I need to actually post stuff in order to get access...sigh...I'm a much better lurker than poster. Add me to the group that would like to see the search function made available without a minimum post requirement.

1 down, 49ish more to go :) And on the topic of Canada's dominance in hockey, I'm watching them beat up on Denmark in the quarterfinals of the World Juniors right now :happydance:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back