Why Does My Account Have Insufficient Privileges?

I had wondered about the permissions and finally found this thread. I could have spent years looking at the numbers counting up before I realized the reason some people count.

Ahh..I wanted to search and couldn't. Glad it isn't just me anyway!
Guess I will have to stop being so shy :blushing:

Thanks for the info, I was getting very frustrated with my inability to search!

Thanks for the information. I wondered why a post I could read before I registered is no longer visible to me.

First time poster, long time lurker. I also ended up here after pulling my hair out to figure out why a thread I was following suddenly became unavailable, and not being able to search for it.

As a community manager myself I understand the need to lock away certain features until criteria are met although i agree it feels high for the search feature!

I don't believe I've seen this suggestion yet (apologies if I've missed it), but it would probably be of great help to new members if an FAQ item was created to address reduced permissions, based on the great info in this thread. And have that linked into the error message people get so they can find out more about improving their situation and start contributing. Or even just link to this thread ;)

Great resource and community, thanks to all involved in keeping it buzzing. #1

Hi all! Thanks for the info here guys! (I've spent way to long trying to use advanced Google search settings as an alternative to WS search)
Couldn't find anything in the FAQs so I'm glad to finally learn the insufficient privileges is just a newbie thing!
I better make a start on those 50 posts (...49...)
So that counting thread wouldn't be cheating now would it ? :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I thought I was the only one. I registered because I wanted to know more about a particular crime and websleuths came up and I registered for more info - only to find that I could not even search for the crime that I knew WS had directed me to. 49 to go as well.

Deleting my own post I think I found the answer

Last edited:
May I ask how many privileges I need before replying on specific thread?

I did reply many times to one thread in particular, and it’s now saying I don’t have enough privileges. What do I need to do, please?‍♀️

May I ask how many privileges I need before replying on specific thread?

I did reply many times to one thread in particular, and it’s now saying I don’t have enough privileges. What do I need to do, please?‍♀️

Which thread?

Which thread?

It’s the Suzy Lamplugh thread (British woman who went missing in 1986).

I had made several posts, but one contributor was somewhat at odds with my opinions and I now can’t seem to post on there. It’s a shame as I have so much information on the case, too.

It’s the Suzy Lamplugh thread (British woman who went missing in 1986).

I had made several posts, but one contributor was somewhat at odds with my opinions and I now can’t seem to post on there. It’s a shame as I have so much information on the case, too.

The thread may have been temporarily closed by a mod for cleanup. Try again, and if you get the same message hit ‘report’ on your post above and ask about it or contact a mod directly—my 2 cents, I’m not quite sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back