Why doesn't CPS take away the minor children?

There's no info or history available for SB. We are only apprized of the fact she was there one night. How could anyone possibly "blast" her based on so few facts? We don't have any idea of what information she provided (or didn't) to help this investigation.

I don't think the pot needs any more stirring because, as stated, "her kid didn't go missing."
BBM
I agree that SB shouldn't be "blasted" on such little evidence. But couldn't the same be said about DB? As far as I know, we only know about that one night of her drinking on the stoop.
JMO.

BBM
I agree that SB shouldn't be "blasted" on such little evidence. But couldn't the same be said about DB? As far as I know, we only know about that one night of her drinking on the stoop.
JMO.

Not true! There's history and documentation on DB. We have many, many statements that show inconsistencies directly from DB's own taped interviews. They have all been dissected, analyzed and defended many times on these numerous threads. My point here was not to reargue those.

The suggestion that we should do the same "blasting" to SB, I believe, is disingenuous. And, perhaps a bit of baiting?

This may or may not have anything to do with it, but if CPS took the kids away, where would they place them? Would it be better to put them in foster care or with family members? Which family members would be willing and able to assume their care? The boys do not share a parent. Would they then have to be split up in placement? Would this be better for them, or is it better for them to stay together, as long as they are healthy and receiving basic shelter, nourishment, clothing, etc.? Some food for thought.

Also, perhaps it is just in the Atlanta area, but when CPS is dealing with hundred of children who are in precarious situations, two well-nourished children with no signs of abuse or neglect are not the top priority for removal from a home. If and when one or both parents are charged with a crime, that might change, but based on my (non-professional) observations, those are the harsh realities of the CPS/foster care system.

Not true! There's history and documentation on DB. We have many, many statements that show inconsistencies directly from DB's own taped interviews. They have all been dissected, analyzed and defended many times on these numerous threads. My point here was not to reargue those.

The suggestion that we should do the same "blasting" to SB, I believe, is disingenuous. And, perhaps a bit of baiting?
I was mainly interested in the comparison of DB to SB in regards to drinking while in custody of their children and how that would affect them in the eyes of CPS.

I don't think that either one of them should have children removed from their custody based on what we know to be true.

I'm not trying to bait anyone, but I'm willing to have an honest discussion of the facts with anyone who would like to do the same.

I was mainly interested in the comparison of DB to SB in regards to drinking while in custody of their children and how that would affect them in the eyes of CPS.

I don't think that either one of them should have children removed from their custody based on what we know to be true.

I'm not trying to bait anyone, but I'm willing to have an honest discussion of the facts with anyone who would like to do the same.

And I am saying no comparison can be made. We know nothing of SB. We are privy only to the fact that she was on the porch with DB that night.

DB, however, has advised us of the fact that she believes she deserves her "adult time." Stated on video with much bravado and no apparent remorse. And drank to the point that she doesn't know what happened.

How could these facts of DB's actions possibly be compared to SB's? When all we know of her actions is that she was present?

Do you realize, RANCH, that I never offered an opinion on whether or not I believe the boys should be taken from their home?

I'm emphasizing that SB shouldn't even be brought into this discussion. It has no place here.

I think you missed the point I was making.

And I am saying no comparison can be made. We know nothing of SB. We are privy only to the fact that she was on the porch with DB that night.

DB, however, has advised us of the fact that she believes she deserves her "adult time." Stated on video with much bravado and no apparent remorse. And drank to the point that she doesn't know what happened.

How could these facts of DB's actions possibly be compared to SB's? When all we know of her actions is that she was present?

Do you realize, RANCH, that I never offered an opinion on whether or not I believe the boys should be taken from their home?

I'm emphasizing that SB shouldn't even be brought into this discussion. It has no place here.

I think that since SB was drinking on the same stoop while her own child was somewhere on the same property, allows me to do a comparison.

Was SB treating her child in the same manner as DB was treating her's? The point I'm trying to make is that they both were drinking together for the entire time they were on the stoop. That's what is a common factor between the two of them.
JMO.

I think that since SB was drinking on the same stoop while her own child was somewhere on the same property, allows me to do a comparison.

Was SB treating her child in the same manner as DB was treating her's? The point I'm trying to make is that they both were drinking together for the entire time they were on the stoop. That's what is a common factor between the two of them.
JMO.

RBBM. We do not know, do we? So we are unable to make the comparison you desire.

RBBM. We do not know, do we? So we are unable to make the comparison you desire.

I'm not trying to fight with you over this but come on. All I'm saying is what we know to be true, that SB and DB were both drinking together on the stoop while their children were somewhere on that property.

I'm not trying to fight with you over this but come on. All I'm saying is what we know to be true, that SB and DB were both drinking together on the stoop while their children were somewhere on that property.

You are correct. So what do you try to deduce from that?

I can project nothing into that fact. And my original point was that it has nothing to do with the "Why doesn't CPS take away the minor children?" thread.

If you desire to discuss further, something that will not be a rehash, on a more appropriate thread I will follow you for further :poke: * ahem* discussion, I will then respond. But here I believe we've reduced ourselves to what the mods consider quibbling and it's not productive.

You are correct. What do you try to deduce from that?

I can project nothing into that fact.

What I deduce from the fact that SB acted the same way as DB that night is, that they both do not deserve to have their children taken away from them by CPS.
JMO.

What I deduce from the fact that SB acted the same way as DB that night is, that they both do not deserve to have their children taken away from them by CPS.
JMO.

That is irrational. We don't know that SB acted the same way. We only know she was there.

That is irrational. We don't know that SB acted the same way. We only know she was there.
I don't think that I'm being irrational, but I can see that my post's are upsetting you and I apologize for that.

I think that it's best that we agree to disagree and end it there.

I agree. HER child isn't missing. I also agree that she shows no remorse. The recent revelation from the KC PI about her joking about having a boxed wine party after Lisa is found is just WAY too strange as well, IMHO.

I agree. HER child isn't missing. I also agree that she shows no remorse. The recent revelation from the KC PI about her joking about having a boxed wine party after Lisa is found is just WAY too strange as well, IMHO.

So you saying that since SB's child is not missing and DB shows no remorse and KCPI said she joked about boxed wine it's all too strange? Ok? I'll say yes.

So you saying that since SB's child is not missing and DB shows no remorse and KCPI said she joked about boxed wine it's all too strange? Ok? I'll say yes.

I'm not sure what you are asking. SB's child isn't missing, so I agreed with Unicorn that she shouldn't be the topic. DB doesn't show remorse, and joking about having another boxed wine party IS strange,IMO, considering that's what she was doing the night her child "disappeared".

I'm not sure what you are asking. SB's child isn't missing, so I agreed with Unicorn that she shouldn't be the topic. DB doesn't show remorse, and joking about having another boxed wine party IS strange,IMO, considering that's what she was doing the night her child "disappeared".

So your saying since SB's child is not missing, she's off limits in this discussion. I disagree. But is a joke about boxed wine a topic for this thread? Maybe, but doubtful. I'm not going to even try and find the truth of DB showing remorse. I find it immaterial to the topic at hand.

Lets start with SB not having a child missing. Does that excuse her from drinking on the stoop instead of caring for her child? Anymore than excusing DB for the same act?

So your saying since SB's child is not missing, she's off limits in this discussion. I disagree. But is a joke about boxed wine a topic for this thread? Maybe, but doubtful. I'm not going to even try and find the truth of DB showing remorse. I find it immaterial to the topic at hand.

Lets start with SB not having a child missing. Does that excuse her from drinking on the stoop instead of caring for her child? Anymore than excusing DB for the same act?

I'm not concerned with SB, like I said HER child isn't missing. This forum is about Lisa Irwin.

I'm not concerned with SB, like I said HER child isn't missing. This forum is about Lisa Irwin.
I can understand why you don't want to draw the comparison, but the fact remains that its there.

If anyone is to say that DB drinking on her stoop, not watching and caring for her children, should have her children removed by CPS, then SB doing the same thing should be under the same scrutiny.
JMO.

I can understand why you don't want to draw the comparison, but the fact remains that its there.

If anyone is to say that DB drinking on her stoop, not watching and caring for her children, should have her children removed by CPS, then SB doing the same thing should be under the same scrutiny.
JMO.

SB's child wasn't reportedly sick,& an infant, and left alone for hours & hours. And her mother hasn't went on TV saying she was too DRUNK to even remember the last time she saw her.

The point that is lost, from what we know, is SB put her daughter in the exact same position that DB put the two boys in that evening. The only difference is DB's daughter went missing. SB was drinking with DB most of the night. SB was even on the porch talking to Shane after DB went inside.

SB's daughter was in the same situation as those two boys. So is the question, was her daughter endangered any more (or less) than those two boys that night? Isn't that the question as to why CPS doesn't take the two boys away from DB, because of the neglect they were put under that evening?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theb
Back