AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

APR 11, 2024
The next coordinated search is scheduled for Saturday morning.

A benefit fundraiser is set for next Friday to raise funds to aid in the search for Elijah Vue.

Linda Vue, a relative of the missing 3-year-old, says the benefit is accepting monetary donations that will used to provide meals, snacks, drinks, and supplies to volunteers who are searching for the missing child.

APR 11, 2024
The next coordinated search is scheduled for Saturday morning.

A benefit fundraiser is set for next Friday to raise funds to aid in the search for Elijah Vue.

Linda Vue, a relative of the missing 3-year-old, says the benefit is accepting monetary donations that will used to provide meals, snacks, drinks, and supplies to volunteers who are searching for the missing child.
Always hoping that this little guy will be found. The thought of Elijah laying out there discarded somewhere destroys me. Please let him be found and laid to rest properly by the people that genuinely loved him.

APR 12, 2024
[...]

When asked if police were searching for a body, Meinnert said, "We're searching for Elijah. I don't know how that will turn out, but we're searching for Elijah."

[...]

"We learned that it was several hours prior that he may have walked off, so that changed the whole focus at that point, because now we had an endangered child out with what as reported as possibly a blanket in very cold temperatures in winter at 3 years old. A 3-year-old can't care for themselves, so that's when everything changed."

[...]

"We literally went into every home, talked to everybody that lived in each home, we checked every room, every cabinet, everything in those homes. It doesn't get much more thorough than that."

[...]

"Unfortunately, we have to be open to all possibilities. Clearly, some of these areas aren't pleasant that we're searching. I wouldn't be happy if we found him in a sewer or a landfill, for instance. But, at the same time, if that's where he is and we need to bring closure, we will."

[...]

Seeing this thread go silent for two whole days gives me such a pain in my heart. :(
I'm so sorry you haven't been found yet, Elijah. We haven't forgotten about you.
No, we haven't forgotten about this sweet boy, I doubt many of us ever will. Ninety miles south in my state, a different kind of search is happening, the painstaking search for many still-missing parts of poor Sade Robinson's body.

I'm not sure which is worse. One family has certain, albeit devastating, knowledge about the fate of their beloved. The other doesn't and, I'm starting to fear, may never. When, where will Elijah be found? Why was he ever gone?

I think about this child often. All this suffering because the parents pushed in toxic masculinity. There is no way to make a 3 year old "into a man". Im so mad at this
Absolutely. A stupid, vicious, arrogant, cowardly, predatory male animal, is more like it. And the "mother" dropped that precious toddler off for him to abuse and torture. It is absolutely sickening. IMO what those two have admitted to so far themselves is enough to fervently hope and pray they never walk free again.

APR 16, 2024
Jesse Vang, the Two Rivers man who reported 3-year-old Elijah Vue missing in February, pleaded not guilty to a felony child neglect charge Tuesday.

Vang, 39, appeared for an arraignment at Manitowoc County Courthouse April 16. His next appearance is scheduled for June 28.

The family is organizing more searches Thursday and Saturday. Both are from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and will start from the Mikadow Theatre, 1118 Washington St., Manitowoc.

On Friday, April 19, a magic show and bubble show at the Mikadow Theatre will raise money to keep showing up for Elijah, to pay for food, drink, and supplies for volunteers. His aunt says in part, “Thank you Mikadow Theatre, the volunteers and local businesses for putting this together to help with the search efforts.”

APR 16, 2024
Jesse Vang appeared remotely from the Manitowoc County Jail. While Vang sat quietly, his attorney spoke on the child neglect charge.

"I have previously gone over that charge and penalties with Mr. Vang,” said Timothy Hogan. “We waive any formal reading, reserve jurisdictional objections and enter a not guilty plea."

A status conference hearing is scheduled for Vang at 3:30 p.m. June 28 via Zoom.

Oh how I love the word "voluminous." :)

APR 16, 2024
[...]

According to Manitowoc County district attorney Jacalyn LaBre, a hard drive containing new evidence has been compiled and sent to the defense attorneys to be reviewed ahead of further proceedings. ...

“I just emailed counsel that the discovery in this case is voluminous,” LaBre said. “So it’s going to take them some time, I don’t know how long they want for the next status.”

[...]

“I understand he has his due process rights, but I feel like this is just being dragged out at this point,” search volunteer Yolanda Godfrey said. “Just tell us where he is. That’s it, just tell us where he is.“

[...]

I don't think there's a correlation but I just read this post this morning:

In the 5th alinea it says:
"Webster also relates a fascinating story about a small Southeast Asian tribe called the Hmong; every few years, a Hmong young man, typically between nineteen and twenty-three years of age, is found dead in bed with no anatomical or pathological cause of death. "This is only specific to the Hmong," Webster comments. "What a study has shown is that these young men may have nightmares that are so terrifying that they are scaring themselves to death in their sleep."

I don't think there's a correlation but I just read this post this morning:

In the 5th alinea it says:
"Webster also relates a fascinating story about a small Southeast Asian tribe called the Hmong; every few years, a Hmong young man, typically between nineteen and twenty-three years of age, is found dead in bed with no anatomical or pathological cause of death. "This is only specific to the Hmong," Webster comments. "What a study has shown is that these young men may have nightmares that are so terrifying that they are scaring themselves to death in their sleep."
Others are found dead with no apparent cause of death...for example, people with uncontrolled seizures (called SUDEP - Cameron Boyce died this way). Infants as well (called SIDS). So, this is an interesting story but likely just a story.

I'm at the point with this terribly sad case where I'm putting all my hope on the Two Rivers police (and other assisting LE) and the state prosecution team to box Vang and Baur in so suffocatingly that one of them finally cracks or turns on the other. It's like upping the pressure until there's almost no air in the room and one of them gasps for the last breath.

I don't know where else to turn with it, because if Elijah was somehow grabbed by a stranger, that predator is long gone and he is too. If the answer is the one that seems obvious, then there has to be some way to get Vang and/or Baur to disclose Elijah's location.

But... even if they're both convicted of all the child neglect charges, I don't know if the possible sentences are long enough to compel them to ask for a plea deal in exchange for returning Elijah. I want to believe LE and prosecution have a plan; I need to believe it.

It’s been nearly two months since 3-year-old Elijah Vue was reported missing in Wisconsin while in the care of a man who was in a relationship with his mother.

Since then, investigators have been steadfast in their search and rescue efforts, providing almost daily updates on Facebook; reviewing more than 10,000 video files; canvassing by land, air and water; conducting dozens of interviews; and following hundreds of leads, the police chief in Two Rivers, a city on Lake Michigan, told CNN affiliate WLUK.

“We literally went into every home, talked to everybody that lived in each home,” Chief Ben Meinnert said a week ago. “We checked every room, every cabinet, everything in those homes.”

APR 18, 2024
This Saturday will mark two months since Elijah Vue was reported missing in two rivers. Everyone in the community just wants to bring him home. Tonight a new missing persons billboard is up in Manitowoc thanks to a local company’s donation. Preparations are underway right now for a fundraiser at the Mikadow Theatre on Friday night.

This fundraiser in Manitowoc is to help Elijah’s family raise money for search efforts as they provide many of the things needed for the volunteers searching. Jean Duzeski with the Mikadow Theatre says she wanted to put on something that all families can enjoy so she called in a family-friendly way to put on a magic show.

APR 18, 2024
This Saturday will mark two months since Elijah Vue was reported missing in two rivers. Everyone in the community just wants to bring him home. Tonight a new missing persons billboard is up in Manitowoc thanks to a local company’s donation. Preparations are underway right now for a fundraiser at the Mikadow Theatre on Friday night.

This fundraiser in Manitowoc is to help Elijah’s family raise money for search efforts as they provide many of the things needed for the volunteers searching. Jean Duzeski with the Mikadow Theatre says she wanted to put on something that all families can enjoy so she called in a family-friendly way to put on a magic show.
My heart is broken, poor Elijah. May you fly high and never know pain or neglect again sweet boy.

Say hello to all the other angels here on WS (and everywhere) that have gone on before you. They'll take care of you.

I am bawling my eyes out. How awful is it that this happens, even more than we know? :(

moo

APR 19, 2024
The Two Rivers Police Department provided an update on search efforts for the toddler one day prior to the two-month mark of his disappearance. Searches from the air and water - and on land - took place in the past two weeks, but didn't yield any sign of the 3-year-old, according to a Facebook post from the police department.

Multiple searches were conducted in the water using solar technology, while others took place at area farms in conjunction with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. Two Rivers police said the FBI performed an aerial search of several unspecified areas on Friday.

Police said officers completed further river searches utilizing kayaks and equipment provided by Klein Hardware. In addition, an organization called Bruce’s Legacy and TRPD investigators conducted sonar searches in the water as well.

Police they conducted searches of local agricultural land along with the Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation (DCI) and Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Office. Multiple farms and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) assisted with granting access. Also, businesses and government agencies including JD Custom Services LLC and the Manitowoc County Highway Department aided efforts with equipment.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back