Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see your point of view, but I don't think he did. 90 days passed...he knew (even if he didn't want to believe it out of grief and hope) that his little boy wasn't coming home alive. Per JO, early on, JH agreed with her that he was dead. So He probably just meant he expected the location to be closer to home, especially if he at least initially believed Lucas just wandered away. Or, he could have even meant that after it was explained where he was located, it was much farther than he expected, once he drove out there.

NG asked him about the abuse claims family made and he says one could be explained but the not sure about the other - he understands their concern and he would of been concerned as well. WHAT - you were not concerned then you kept him from the people who reported the abuse.

He’s ina better place about her than 2 months ago.

I get the feeling he is claiming that he didn’t know she was doing drugs at all. He mentioned a few times that he was away from home a lot for work.

From what I understood, he was saying he didn't know she was doing meth, and he didn't know she left Lucas alone to go out to dinner, and he was shocked or flabbergasted about the latter. I didn't hear him say anything about smoking marijuana, so I'm going to guess he knew about that, especially considering the texts from EG to JH saying she was going to smoke a few bowls.

But when they replayed part of the DM/EG tape I heard the first time that Lucas was on his side (according to EG) and this time I heard her say he was on his back. Sometimes you have to play these things a few times I guess.

I don't get this thing about the 10th/11th!

Could NG have misread 16th/17th as 10th/11th? Some people do write 1 and 7 very similarly in handwriting, and I can imagine that it's not impossible for a 6 to be misread as a 0?

I'm not sure how I feel about JH going on NG. I mean yes - I totally want to hear what he has to say - but I'm already in the camp that this is fast approaching circus mentality and NG definitely has the potential to exacerbate that.

As much as I get the emotional desire to know what happened (and I'm certainly emotionally invested in the case - I'm struggling with this all internally, which is why I'm putting these thoughts out there), I'm feeling more and more that the PI should have stepped away after turning his findings over to LE.

While I have no doubt that his motives coming in were purely on finding Lucas, all of this after-publicity makes me uncomfortable and even skeptical. I realize I'm probably in the minority on that. Maybe it's because I've been the extended family member of a victim of violent crime and even just hearing about it over & over on the local news was bad enough. Or maybe I'm just extra sensitive to the potential for exploitation and hype of someone's tragedy for the sake of ratings and notoriety. I don't know.

If the PI or NG or whoever can help the case and/or help JH come to terms with what really happened, of course I'm all for it. I just don't feel comfortable with it all happening in front of John Q. Public.

I hope this doesn't come across as surly. It's said from a point of compassion for the family, and concern for the integrity of the case. I mean no disrespect to those who are involved with the after-publicity, and acknowledge & appreciate when it is done respectfully and carefully.

I just think there's a fine line and that it may be approaching. And, to quote my favorite EMAW, "Just thinking out loud".
Love.Love.Love.It! Thank you, our voice of reason.

Somebody at DCF isn’t trained to comment or how to handle crisis management. It’s idiotic. And irresponsible.
Why did they even bother to say anything right now? There was absolutely no purpose served giving that statement to the press. If anything, it's only going to rile up the masses in Wichita that is following this case closely, and most of them might not understand that this statement is not at the moment, accurate, due to lack of autopsy results.

OK the second link to the podcast works much better. I'm still not all the way through, but am just really struck by his demeanor. He sounds like HE's the reporter, not the grieving parent. Very unemotional.

You’re entitled. But I think he is trying to tell everyone what he knows and when he knew it. This was voluntary. No one forced him to do this at all.
Why yes, we are all entitled, right? It's just our opinions, after all. I agree with Busylady. Some things are still a bit hinky, but as you keep telling us in some of your posts- we will have to wait and see the evidence and trial to get a better idea as to whether or not there is truth to his statements. However, each one of us is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions. We're aware he wasn't forced. We waited for one thing (many of us, but won't speak for all of us) and it didn't happen. If you think we're all fools to believe that he didn't know she was doing meth, well, then perhaps we're not as informed as well on all things Jonathan and need some enlightening? I am willing to listen to anyone who knows him very well and can genuinely put us all straight on many of these matters.

I also happen to know- meth addicts don't just do meth for 20 straight days in a row, then stop when the boyfriend comes home. Meth don't work that way, sorry.

JH was only eating maybe once a day because he was sick to his stomach and felt like throwing up all the time. He feels EG was acting the same way. She couldn't always eat, either.

When NG first asked if she had been eating normally, he responded with a quick yes. Then after explaining to him that she was unable to eat after her fiancé was murdered he changed his answer and said what LilTexans posted above.

He’s still covering for her

So supposedly LE was back at the house and two autopsy completed last week - and media hasn't picked up on it?
I think LE was back last night (Sunday night), if NG's correct. I think that's why she said it was breaking news, and tacked onto the end of the podcast. It wasn't part of the original podcast.

This is what we are learning at this hour. Reportedly, police back at Lucas Hernandez' home just last night investigating again.

There are claims two autopsies have been completed on the child.

All we know right now is it is now believed, based on autopsy two, that five-year old Lucas died the 10th or 11th in a bathroom.

How do we know this? As of yet unconfirmed, but something about the autopsy or the late night search last night seems to indicate Lucas was killed in the home's bathroom.

Source: final voiceover on Nancy Grace, "Exclusive: Lucas Hernandez's father speaks to Nancy Grace about boys disappearance, death"
link: Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

Have any parents here pushed their child onto a couch?
Did it result in marks being left on the child?

If there was an enormous concern about the air freshener being a safety issue, why didn't JH take it from the boy's hands? I'm having a hard time understanding how a bottle of air freshener, that you have to be holding in your hands in order to be spraying it, results in hand prints on a chest and being pushed into a couch.

At best, he handled the situation badly (IMO) Emily was recently awarded unsupervised visits and already an incident occurred. That doesn't look good. It's not a case where the boys had been visiting the Hernandez/Glass home for a long period of time with a long history of positive experiences and then this one isolated incident occurred.

There is previous history of domestic disputes in that household. There were several reports to CPS about abuse. There is a history of drug use. A child DIED in that home! I cannot question the validity of the accounts of the two boys about what happened that day. The history of that household speaks volumes.

I have never laid a hand on my child. I don't believe in spanking or inflicting any other sort of abuse to discipline my child. There are far more better ways to correct a child's behavior without laying a hand on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value