Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying he's bright, just that I would THINK he would know enough about phones to not leave a trail. I'm not technical at all ( except for what I have learned from everyone on here now) but even before I ever had a cell, I knew it could be tracked. It just doesn't make sense that he would leave either phone turned on. Not to me, anyway.
I wouldn’t either. How else though do you explain the ping near the pig farm?

Last edited:
I agree because we also have an agent asking Mollie's mom if she knew if Mollie was "in a house at 9:30 pm". I would guess CR took Mollie's iphone with him when he left the corn field.

I wonder if pings show serial #s - if he replaced her sim card and used the phone later.
Do some iPhones have SIM cards? Mine doesn’t. I think Mollie had an iPhone if I’m not mistaken.

The three main things I can think of besides the fitbit are: a witness saw him alone at 8:28pm, he's on video somewhere at 8:28pm, or he used a credit card at 8:28pm. We don't know much about the crime yet. If he had a change of clothes in the trunk, he could have changed his clothes at the scene of the crime and walked into Casey's at 8:28pm for a slice of pizza. He could have washed his car and swiped his card at the car wash at 8:28pm. We don't really know.

I lean away from the Fitbit because if LE had strong evidence that she died by 8:28pm I don't know that they would say repeatedly over the 3 weeks that they believe she's alive. That is very traumatic for the family. In other cases, LE will say we have reason to believe [the missing person] has been harmed, or is no longer alive. I believe they made statements like that throughout the search for Yingying Zhang.
Yes! That is what bothers me about the Fitbit, too. Although I suppose if it just registered nothing they couldn't use that alone to assume she was deceased. That 8:28 is frustrating to me.

If there is a trial, it is the lawyer’s job to put whatever spin he can come up with to try to mitigate the crimes. Just as it is the jury’s job to dismiss or accept his claims/version. Of course it will sound ridiculous to us. But it is done in all kinds of cases. All cases, really.
Well, in my head, I have a humdinger of a defense that I think might just actually work and it is based off the "Affluenza" verdict where the rich teen killed four people while driving drunk. My defense is just too political to post without getting tossed off the boards.

The three main things I can think of besides the fitbit are: a witness saw him alone at 8:28pm, he's on video somewhere at 8:28pm, or he used a credit card at 8:28pm. We don't know much about the crime yet. If he had a change of clothes in the trunk, he could have changed his clothes at the scene of the crime and walked into Casey's at 8:28pm for a slice of pizza. He could have washed his car and swiped his card at the car wash at 8:28pm. We don't really know.

I lean away from the Fitbit because if LE had strong evidence that she died by 8:28pm I don't know that they would say repeatedly over the 3 weeks that they believe she's alive. That is very traumatic for the family. In other cases, LE will say we have reason to believe [the missing person] has been harmed, or is no longer alive. I believe they made statements like that throughout the search for Yingying Zhang.
By about day 8 of this 5 week tragedy, LE began repeating that they were confident in their "timeline" one they refused to disclose. I believe the times in the warrant are consistent with their established timeline, and subject to change. Police just starting to investigate CR and details he provided when arrest written, and I won't be surprised if changes made after final crime analysis, toxicology, autopsy, etc. are complete.

Trust me, the employer found a way to write it off as an employee expense. I agree it appears in disrepair. Who is he going to complain to?

USUALLY migrant housing is changed back to each worker. However it is minimal. There are tax issues associated with it.

The Yahoo article posted a few responses ago about CR harassing another woman also says this:

"Cristhian Rivera was arrested earlier this week after police saw him talking to Tibbetts on a neighbor's surveillance video the night she disappeared."

Have we heard that before? I thought investigators so far just said they saw him drive past a few times. Did they in fact see him try to engage her in conversation?

The Yahoo article posted a few responses ago about CR harassing another woman also says this:

"Cristhian Rivera was arrested earlier this week after police saw him talking to Tibbetts on a neighbor's surveillance video the night she disappeared."

Have we heard that before? I thought investigators so far just said they saw him drive past a few times. Did they in fact see him try to engage her in conversation?
That's the first I've heard of this.

I’m confident that he has some proficiency in English. He’d still require an interpreter if he doesn’t have a complete grasp. Pretending not to know the language is also a defense mechanism.

I wonder:

How did LE initially interrogate CR, via interpreter or not? It seems to me they didn't have enough time to request for an interpreter but it is likely they have someone capable given the possible makeup of the local workforce.

LE must have run a DNA by now, waiting for CODIS?

CR didn't seem nervous or confused during the initial hearing. I thought he appeared as still angry. Anyway, it seemed to me as if he'd been through such an experience previously or, at least was familiar with the procedure.

What made CR sh** where he eats? Sorry to be graphic but I think a direct and raw analogy is appropriate in this instance. That, plus that CR seemed so forthcoming to LE regarding what happened is it possible he really wanted to get caught, at least subconsciously? No death penalty, life in prison, a prison in which he wouldn't have to work and worry about raising a family and feeding himself. Three hots and a cot. Then again, he want to significant length to hide his crime.

If CR truly is illegal will DHS want to deport him? I think the DA would want for a full prosecution and internment, regardless if Iowans would have to pay for a lifetime of his internment.

Is the front right part of the car smashed? It looks like an abrupt dent above the lights.
IMO The photo of the Black Malibu in this article is not the same Black Malibu photographed at the Farmhouse the FBI raided.

Here is a photo of the Black Malibu at the Farmhouse and the news article. This Malibu has a spoiler on the back and it looks like a hatchback. But I am not a Auto expert by any means.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...-Iowa-farm-Mollie-Tibbettss-killer-lived.html

Attachments

• 31D63209-6CB0-46DD-842F-6A06E0B585EA.jpeg
    31D63209-6CB0-46DD-842F-6A06E0B585EA.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 41
I wonder:

How did LE initially interrogate CR, via interpreter or not? It seems to me they didn't have enough time to request for an interpreter but it is likely they have someone capable given the possible makeup of the local workforce.

LE must have run a DNA by now, waiting for CODIS?

CR didn't seem nervous or confused during the initial hearing. I thought he appeared as still angry. Anyway, it seemed to me as if he'd been through such an experience previously or, at least was familiar with the procedure.

What made CR sh** where he eats? Sorry to be graphic but I think a direct and raw analogy is appropriate in this instance. That, plus that CR seemed so forthcoming to LE regarding what happened is it possible he really wanted to get caught, at least subconsciously? No death penalty, life in prison, a prison in which he wouldn't have to work and worry about raising a family and feeding himself. Three hots and a cot. Then again, he want to significant length to hide his crime.

If CR truly is illegal will DHS want to deport him? I think the DA would want for a full prosecution and internment, regardless if Iowans would have to pay for a lifetime of his internment.
They certainly would have run his DNA by now.

Most first time killers, commit their crimes in an area in which they are comfortable and familiar.

I don’t read much into his demeanor during court, we don’t have a baseline as to how he usually looks and acts.

He will serve his entire sentence in Iowa. If he were to be released, he would be released into the custody of DHS and deported. This won’t ever happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968