Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he already had this place picked out. I think he planned on doing this for a while, not necessarily to Mollie, but when the opportunity presented itself. He was very organized. He almost got away with it had it not been for Farmer of the Year’s video.
He very well could have. I'm just thinking of all the reasons why 8:28pm is important other than possible Fitbit data. :)

Sorry but I just don't see it. Going into a truck stop with blood on him? Those places are public..well trucking public and no way would he take that chance.

I agree. I can't imagine him going into the truck stop covered in blood either. My guess is that there is almost always activity inside, 24 hours a day, and the likelihood of noone noticing such a sight is pretty much none. I think it is actually likelier that he returned home, covered in blood, whether he lived alone or whether he didn't. I do not believe it is highly likely that he would have been ratted out, either due to fear, a language barrier with English speaking authorities, or just a 'not any of my business' attitude. And I doubt any bloody clothing was washed. It was most likely burned or otherwise discarded and has not yet been located. JMO

Last edited:
That wouldn’t explain the ping and the pig farm. I think he just blitzed her, took her without regard to her having a phone in her possession. And if he was truthful she was in the trunk then she was incapable of calling 911 or she would have IMO.
I think it likely LE had the carrier remotely ping her phone and that is how they came to the pig farm. He probably disposed of the phone immediately and also may have also disposed of the Fitbit in the same place.

Sounds like so
My son called 911 when he was small because I was making him eat biscuits and gravy instead of pop tarts. The officers that responded were amazing. His first try was to the Humane Society but they told him they couldn’t help him.

Sounds like something my kids would do that’s why we had a house “meeting” and all phones were accounted for. LE was cool and thought it was an accident but still made me wonder if “someone out there” actually had a need to call. I canvassed our neighborhood after and nothing was out of sorts and never heard anything else. Probably some other kid hating his dinner close by now that you mention it. Lol

I agree. Mollie’s act of threatening to call 911 (if it happened), has a high probability of succeeding against most unwanted advances. This was the precise circumstance that her doing that, had no chance of working. This guy was going to attack her, regardless of what she said or did. I imagine that as soon as she made that statement, he went for her, and the phone.
It didn’t happen. That was his (CR) attempt at victim blaming.

Yes and I assume that he did not disable it until after he left her body (for lack of better words) because it pinged near the pig farm.

I agree because we also have an agent asking Mollie's mom if she knew if Mollie was "in a house at 9:30 pm". I would guess CR took Mollie's iphone with him when he left the corn field.

I wonder if pings show serial #s - if he replaced her sim card and used the phone later.

I don't know, but maybe we are looking too hard at him cleaning up. IF a blow to the head had already killed her and he stabbed her after heart wasn't beating would it even be so messy to clean up? I know in a animal cutting into it after it is dead, like a deer, sure you get your hands messy but you don't have blood from head to toe.

Especially depending on the type of knife blade that you use and how. The surface wound can close up and seal, leaving massive internal damage, with little or no external bleeding.

I've seen a man bleed to death internally, from a single stab wound to his left lower abdomen, while externally his bleeding was controllable with a couple of gauze pads, to no external bleeding at all. The ER staff were more concerned/amused that the stab wound passed through the private parts of a woman tattooed on his belly, than the possiblity he could crash and die. He did, on the operating room table, after going through 36 units of blood, from an injury to his abdominal aorta. Whoever stuck him knew exactly what he was doing with a knife, or had incredible luck!

And yeah, post-mortem there would be little or no bleeding from a clean stab wound to the front of a supine body, especially the chest, as the heart has stopped beating and gravity will pool the blood to the dependent parts. CR left MT face up, per arrest warrant.

Last edited:
I think it likely LE had the carrier remotely ping her phone and that is how they came to the pig farm. He probably disposed of the phone immediately and also may have also disposed of the Fitbit in the same place.
If he disposed the phone immediately how would it ping near the pig farm?

It didn’t happen. That was his attempt at victim blaming.
I agree that he was victim blaming in the sense that he claims that she made him mad. But the story, on its face, makes complete sense. If someone is harassing you, telling that person that you are going to call the police, is absolutely something that most people would do. When you tell someone to leave you alone multiple times, and they don’t, threatening to call the police, or in fact calling them, is a natural progression of behavior to keep yourself safe.

Last edited:
Found this info on the living arrangements, sorry if posted already

The couple — along with her husband’s brother Craig Lang and his wife — own farmland outside Brooklyn that includes trailers where some of the dairy’s employees live for free as a benefit of their employment, farm spokeswoman Eileen Wixted confirmed.

She said Rivera lived there for the duration of his employment, and about half of the farm’s other 10 workers do so as well.

Under the arrangement, the farming company pays the couples to rent the land but workers do not have to pay, she said.

The Man Accused of Killing Mollie Tibbetts Lived on Land Owned by GOP Fundraiser

Thanks, that's what I was assuming because benefits are tax deductible.

I've played this over in my head and wonder if he didn't get behind her, in his car, about Boundary and Middle, and was driving slowly, tormenting. catcalling and taunting her. If maybe somehow his car and presence kept "pushing" or guiding her where he wanted her to go without actually touching her with the car.

From the map, it appears to me she might have turned left, up a stretch of deserted road toward her mom's, but if he were behind her, maybe she felt more comfortable staying on 385 because there were a few houses on 385.

I suspect that him being in the area, harassing her might have influenced where she was able to go.

Don't know if that makes any sense . . .

I have seen and hear of men doing this in other cities. Music on and slow driving beside a walking or running female. They follow quietly along with the sexual remarks with their heads hanging out the car window.

I have wondered too if when she took off he might have hit her with the car to stop her from using her phone to dial 911.

She had to be scared to death. All the self defense classes and all the MeToo marches could not save a girl jogging on a lonely road with a killer and a knife.

I see the rings and little key chain mace but when it comes right down to it...we don't really have a chance in such circumstances.

I was at the grocery store behind a very masculine young man and following this story of Mollie made me realize I would never have a chance. I think my only defense is to be careful and not allow myself to be in vulnerable places where I might become the next victim.

Yes women have a right to run and dance and have fun but there are a lot of bad people in this world of ours and we owe it to ourselves and our families to be as safe as we can be. It's a jungle out there!

I agree because we also have an agent asking Mollie's mom if she knew if Mollie was "in a house at 9:30 pm". I would guess CR took Mollie's iphone with him when he left the corn field.

I wonder if pings show serial #s - if he replaced her sim card and used the phone later.
He had the phone somehow in his vehicle until he disposed of the body I am sure of that imo. It will be interesting to see if LE found it anywhere near her.

I agree. Mollie’s act of threatening to call 911 (if it happened), has a high probability of succeeding against most unwanted advances. This was the precise circumstance that her doing that, had no chance of working. This guy was going to attack her, regardless of what she said or did. I imagine that as soon as she made that statement, he went for her, and the phone.

If CR doesn't understand/speak English (evidenced by requiring an interpreter at his hearing) how did he know what MT said to him?

If CR doesn't understand/speak English (evidenced by requiring an interpreter at his hearing) how did he know what MT said to him?
I’m confident that he has some proficiency in English. He’d still require an interpreter if he doesn’t have a complete grasp. Pretending not to know the language is also a defense mechanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo